EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

PSX Switching discs?

Trying to play games I've ripped to ISO myself, so it's not pirated or anything, I'd just rather not use the actual discs because they make my disc drive sound funny.

Anyway, when I pick the "Switch Disc" option in 1.70, nothing happens once I select another ISO. In particular, I'd like to play Monster Rancher 2, and my PS2 is currently not playing PS1 games, I always get the friggin' Disc Read Error thing when I try. :/

So yeah, is it actually possible to change disc from ISO? Do I need a different CDR plugin? Currently using ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0

Master of the Emulation Flame MasterPhW's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's a known problem for ePSXe 1.70. The ePSXe team knows about and wanted to fix it in a later release.
    Sadly, shortly after 1.70 they disappeared again. So your only change is to switch for the CD change stuff back to ePSXe 1.60 (move your memory card) and after switching and saving on the following disk, it should work again on 1.70. Or stay with 1.60 if you like.
    The Future of Emulation: Emulate a High End Computer on a Low End System
    Main: Intel Core i7 (Lynnfiled) 860 (@3.802Ghz) | 8 GB DDR3-1333 | ATI XFX HD 5750 PCI-E | ATI High Definition Audio Device | 256 GB SSD + 3 TB Internal SATA2 + 4 TB external | Windows 7 Professional X64 SP1 MSDNAA
    Netbook: Asus EeePC 1015PEM | Intel Atom Dual Core N550 (1,5GHz) | 2GB DDR3-1066 | Intel GMA 3150 | 250GB HDD | Win 7 Starter
    Old One: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2x2.5Ghz; S939) | MSI KbT Neo2-F V2.0 | 2x1GB Corsair Value VS1GBKIT400 | Radeon HD 3850 512 MB/AGP8x | Creative SB Audigy LS | 2TB (4x500GB SATA2 HDDs Raid0) | Windows 7 Business X64 SP1 MSDNAA

16-bit Corpse | Moderator Agozer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Personally, I just use virtual drive software (Daemon Tools) and run/swap disc images that way.

ElektroDragon: I hate dying over and over. I don't learn from my mistakes. I couldn't play Dark Souls because of this. I bought the Bloodborne Collector's Edition. Like I said, I don't learn from my mistakes!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alright, thanks for the help.

Retired~NoviceTexture~Edi tor Traveler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agozer View Post
    Personally, I just use virtual drive software (Daemon Tools) and run/swap disc images that way.
    I still can't figure out how to use that program to rip the psgames from my cds... Any easy-to-use Tutorials?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    I still can't figure out how to use that program to rip the psgames from my cds... Any easy-to-use Tutorials?
    DaemonTools doesn't rip discs; it creates a virtual drive that mounts disc images (ISO/BIN/CUE/etc.) as if they were physical discs.