What's new

Welcome to EmuTalk - introduce yourself

talker

Hello.
I've been around for a long time, but never really said much. Got here because of Project 64 and ended up browsing this forum back and forward.
You might find me registred at other emulation forums as "chriztr" but just as here, very quiet and pretty low postcount.
Allways found emulation exciting and usefull and almost never had a strong enough computer to handle them.

I think I started visiting emutalk.net at the same time when I started to visit anthoer swedish site which became (and still are) a very popular around the world. Do you know which one I'm thinking of Martin?

DSF

I'm here since the days when Emulation64 forum was on Ikonboard (written in perl?).
If I recall correctly the forum database was last when migrating to another platform (?). All I remember is that forum posts were lost once.

I had a big passion for emulation games, especially for N64, Impact, Sega, NES.. That period when I was downloading ROMs on dial-up in hours :wolverine. There were some sources (bila, irc..)
The days when N64 emulators could run few games.. Nemu, corn64, ultraHLE, early 1964, etc.. then Project64 was released. The whole N64 emu scene changed. Better compatibility and better performance. Then 1964 have been improved making a very good emulator by schibo and Rice.. Ah.. Miss those days :(

Now I'm a web developer and have passions for smartphones. Still have emulators installed on my Galaxy S2 Android phone :p.

BTW Martin, don't know if you remember but there was a period when you helped me with hosting :p.

I first joint the emutalk forum as The Gentleman way back when maybe 2000 after being directed here by the NeSC website run by smiff of Project64 fame.
If I'm not wrong you contributed with ini setting for Project64. I'm right?
Where's smiff? A couple of weeks ago I've reminded of his site and took a look in past via Archive :). I liked that site so much because of the clean and sleek design (colors, pagination, spacing) but also of his passion he put in writing and research.
http://web.archive.org/web/20080126151604/http://www.smiff.clara.net/

Last edited:

Orion4874

Hi guys, I'm in the U.S. and I'm a long time retro gaming and open source enthusiast. I'm almost positive I joined these boards a while back, in early 2010 when I also joined GP32X, but then again my username wasn't in use so maybe I'm mistaken. Anyway, I just wanted to drop in and send greeting to everyone here!:D

tykel

Sober coder
Hi everyone.
I am an occasional lurker, but I have been part of Emuforums (gasp) for a while.

My main contribution has been developing the Chip16 project over there, which helps newcomers develop their first emulator.
I will be creating a thread for it shortly here to get you guys to know it!

My interests lie in emulation theory, such as optimising recompilers, and programming low-level and small machines.
Good day :)

XICO2KX

Hi! :) I'm Xico! ;)
And I've been using emulators to play old games since like... forever!!! :D
And strange fact, but I registered many years ago, but today was my 1st post! :p

Last edited:

007MultiX

Resurrected
Hello fellow hacksmen ;) Cool to see where the creators of Project64 hang out and post new sh*t regarding emulation software. My life has meaning outside of the normal marriage thing thanks to all of you hacking maniacs and the development of emulators, lol.(JK) THANK GOD FOR YOU!!!! ;) Hey we men need our stuff too right? Yay for us and may the man caves live forever :D MultiplayerX

Oh btw: Thanks STOLEN for sending me a link to find you guys

Alpha_Guardian

Hey guys, I rarely sign up for sites anymore but I just had to be a part of this forum. I've recently been getting back into playing games on emulators and look forward to having a big ol' community to chat with.

F

Fanatic 64

Hey guys, I rarely sign up for sites anymore but I just had to be a part of this forum. I've recently been getting back into playing games on emulators and look forward to having a big ol' community to chat with.
Welcome here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Codger

Greetings to all and thanks for having me. I lurked around here a bit and decided to join. I'm not 'new' to emulation, per se, though I'm FAR from a pro, heh. (Honestly, I need all the help I can get!)

I've been playing video games since the beginning, and once had a very large and mighty collection. These days, I go the emulation route in most cases.

Looking forward to hopefully learning and absorbing! :)

thomasclrk

Hello...Everyone

My name is Thomas Clark, lives in Reading, United Kingdom. And by profession I am a travel Agent in reading as well as London areas.

Fotomac

Hi, I'm Fotomac. I'm chiefly an N64 gamer, and I've already made a couple of posts or so regarding N64 games. I'm always looking for people who can help me get the most out of my gaming experience, and possibly also other stuff relating to N64 games.

NombreyApellido

Hi guys! Chris here. Trying to get the first few posts going, but it seems I'm caught in some spam filter.

edit: got it, it was the at sign that was triggering it :tup:

Last edited:
OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Hi guys! Chris here. Trying to get the first few posts going, but it seems I'm caught in some spam filter.

edit: got it, it was the at sign that was triggering it :tup:
Welcome :) Yeah there are some limits (can't post links) for the first 5 posts, it's to stop the spam bots.