What's new

System Clock?

Jaffamulke

I'm new, please forgive me if this is a frequently asked question, but I'm having trouble finding answers.

Is there any sort of real time clock setting in Project64? I keep destroying my game saves on games that have a real time component and it's driving me nuts.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Edit: Of course I didn't think about this until I posted. I know that the actual N64 didn't have a system clock. Specifically I'm running into issues when I take GBC save files, use them with the transferpack plugin thing, and then access them using Project64. The clock in the games gets all screwed up.

I'm thinking this is because the time data is being stored in the GB emulator settings, which of course have nothing to do with the information that's being read by Project64. Or am I just being extremely stupid about this?

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
You answered your own question with your edit.
N64 emulation only had a real time clock in some cartridges (like Animal Forest, read more here), but not in its system functions. So most probably the transfer pack emulation isn't as accurate as it should be to read the Real-Time clock of your save game and most possibly screwing it up.
Only possible solution: save your save game before importing it into your N64 game.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
The only way to fix it is trying all the different Nrage forks. Afaik there was one with an enhanced transfer pack emulation.
But sadly I can't tell exactly which version it was.
EDIT: Did you tried this build?

Last edited:
OP
J

Jaffamulke

Thanks for the link!

I found that thread last night after I saw your comment about finding the right N-Rage plugin, and read through a bit of it. Enough that I saw that the latest version of the N-Rage plugin does support RL settings on saves, if you're using VBA. I'd been using TGB-Dual because VBA doesn't have link-cable emulation unless you use VBA-Link, which crashes on the games I was playing (works great on the GBA games though!)

So now I've got it working. I really appreciate the time you took to help me with this. It's been driving me nuts for way longer than I'd like to admit.