What's new

DSx86 0.25 release

Wraggster

DCEmu Webmaster
Administrator
Category: <b>Nintendo DS</b><br><br>Pate has posted a new release of his Dos Emulator for the DS:

The changes in this version are:

Built with libnds 1.5.0 (from Feb 14th). This might make it possible to use the DSi mode via a so called "sudoku hack". I don't have access to such a hack, so I have no way of making sure whether it works or not.
New Smooth screen scaling mode added. NOTE! This mode currently only works in CGA and MCGA graphics modes, all other modes simply show a black screen (or some corrupt data) when going to Smooth screen scaling mode. The Smooth scaling in MCGA mode causes a severe performance hit, so it is not recommended unless you run DSx86 in DSi mode.
I plan to implement the smooth scaling screen modes to EGA and Mode-X graphics modes as well, but both of those will also cause a severe performance hit. I'll also look into the possibility of adding smooth scaling to 80x25 text mode, simply by using a narrower font.

The longer term plans are to add 80286 protected mode features, and taking advantage of the larger RAM in DSi mode, to be able to run Windows 3.0 in Standard mode on a DSi.