What's new

On the road of accuracy

ShadowFX

Guardian
Does it already have a name?
And the RDP could be slowing it down even more, it was the chip that did the bulk of the video processing, if I'm not mistaken.

Awesome non the less :)

Last edited:
OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
It may change later. Currently the binary name is mupecan64. The added letters "ca" mean cycle accurate.

The first version of rdp emulation will of course be very slow. I plan to try using opencl or cuda for later versions. It may increase performance significantly without impacting accuracy.

Last edited:

Zuzma

: ) That's a pretty good name hacktarux. Looking forward to the GPGPU stuff too! I'm not looking forward to shelling out money for a new system though. ;D

ShadowFX

Guardian
I have a hunch the name will change once it hits the public or alpha/beta testing. I have a couple of ideas but for now, an internal project name is fine, of course.
Buying a new system may seem overkill, but I was planning on buying one again within a years time or so. This could be extra motivation to go a bit higher end :)

Looking forward to it!

Last edited:
OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Pong

It has been a long time since i posted about this but there was a lot of cache emulation problems that slowed me down. Anyway, here is a video of the accurate emulator running pong. It means: pif and standard controller emulation with some timing approximation (we can probably do better once the guys from http://www.retroactive.be/cic/ will have the pif and cic reversed) and some improvement to r4300 data cache emulation.

angrylion

Given the amount of reverse-engineering that you've put into this, I'm really looking forward to seeing your source code (and test roms :)) Anyway, good luck with it!

purkinje

How are those video demos being captured? Are you using screencast software or just filming the screen with a camera?

Also, are there any plans on making the project open source?

Keep up the great work!

Last edited:

Rodimus Primal

Still very glad to hear that there are folks interested in emulating N64 and cycle accurate to boot! Keep up the good work Hacktarux. Only thing I can ask is will it be on Windows?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
It's Hack's work, so it will probably build on all platforms. But wait for a official response.