Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Master of the Emulation Flame MasterPhW's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Everyone agrees with the forum structure posted by MasterPhW?

If so I'm looking to rearrange it tonight
    Can't wait! Probably ask again in the Staff part of the board (probably they didn't saw the thread), to get some opinions of the staffers aswell.
    Do you need someone, that rearrange the posts in the N64 High res sub-boards?
    I would volunteer to help you with it. But I dunno, whether it would be possible to give me limited "moderator"-like move abilities.

The Future of Emulation: Emulate a High End Computer on a Low End System
    Main: Intel Core i7 (Lynnfiled) 860 (@3.802Ghz) | 8 GB DDR3-1333 | ATI XFX HD 5750 PCI-E | ATI High Definition Audio Device | 256 GB SSD + 3 TB Internal SATA2 + 4 TB external | Windows 7 Professional X64 SP1 MSDNAA
    Netbook: Asus EeePC 1015PEM | Intel Atom Dual Core N550 (1,5GHz) | 2GB DDR3-1066 | Intel GMA 3150 | 250GB HDD | Win 7 Starter
    Old One: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2x2.5Ghz; S939) | MSI KbT Neo2-F V2.0 | 2x1GB Corsair Value VS1GBKIT400 | Radeon HD 3850 512 MB/AGP8x | Creative SB Audigy LS | 2TB (4x500GB SATA2 HDDs Raid0) | Windows 7 Business X64 SP1 MSDNAA

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterPhW View Post
    Can't wait! Probably ask again in the Staff part of the board (probably they didn't saw the thread), to get some opinions of the staffers aswell.
    Do you need someone, that rearrange the posts in the N64 High res sub-boards?
    I would volunteer to help you with it. But I dunno, whether it would be possible to give me limited "moderator"-like move abilities.
    Good. Yeah that would be helpful. You could just join as a mod if you'd like
    Tag me @Martin and I'll get back to you ASAP

The Emulation64 Network offers you free hosting!
    Click here for requirements and contact info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good. Yeah that would be helpful. You could just join as a mod if you'd like
    That's a thing you and the other staffers have to decide, not me.
    But it would be an honour for me to help inside the team.

PS: I really like our new smileys.
    Main: Intel Core i7 (Lynnfiled) 860 (@3.802Ghz) | 8 GB DDR3-1333 | ATI XFX HD 5750 PCI-E | ATI High Definition Audio Device | 256 GB SSD + 3 TB Internal SATA2 + 4 TB external | Windows 7 Professional X64 SP1 MSDNAA
    Netbook: Asus EeePC 1015PEM | Intel Atom Dual Core N550 (1,5GHz) | 2GB DDR3-1066 | Intel GMA 3150 | 250GB HDD | Win 7 Starter
    Old One: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2x2.5Ghz; S939) | MSI KbT Neo2-F V2.0 | 2x1GB Corsair Value VS1GBKIT400 | Radeon HD 3850 512 MB/AGP8x | Creative SB Audigy LS | 2TB (4x500GB SATA2 HDDs Raid0) | Windows 7 Business X64 SP1 MSDNAA

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Alright I think I have the forum structure up now, basically went according to MasterPhW's suggestions with some minor modifications here and there. I'm setting up the downloads structure now.

MasterPhW: Feel free to move around some threads for the new forums that have been setup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alright I think I have the forum structure up now, basically went according to MasterPhW's suggestions with some minor modifications here and there. I'm setting up the downloads structure now.

MasterPhW: Feel free to move around some threads for the new forums that have been setup
    While moving around the topics, I noticed that the High Resolution subboards Tutorials should be called Tutorials, Questions and General Talk instead to cover all the different questions and needs of the community.
    Btw: do you also need some suggestions for the descriptions of the sub boards?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterPhW View Post
    While moving around the topics, I noticed that the High Resolution subboards Tutorials should be called Tutorials, Questions and General Talk instead to cover all the different questions and needs of the community.
    Btw: do you also need some suggestions for the descriptions of the sub boards?
    Fixed.

Yeah that would be helpful, it's not that urgent though I guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice revamp of ET.

I noticed that 1964 Ultra Fast thread has been moved into N64 section which I disagree.
    Those emulators in that section are created from scratch by its original authors and deserve to be there (or at least a major overhaul of its original emu e.g. Mupen64Plus).

It is at best a 1964 clone.

Just my thought.
    Last edited by Pokemaniacs; February 28th, 2011 at 01:44.

Texture Pack Invader NES_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    i agree with poke

clone emulators should have there place in an unofficial N64 emu forum.
    if not only to respect the pioneers of emulation.
    -NES
    We are in the process of archiving all qualifying texture packs!
    Contact me via PM to have your N64 texture pack hosted on Emulation64.com!
    Having a hard time loading Large packs? Be sure to patch your emulator.
    Can't load .DAT or .HTC archives? Look no further then this shiny Tutorial, Android users may use this Tutorial.

Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can a mod/admin correct the description of "1964 (Unofficial)" subforum?

Unofficial 1969 Projects --> Unofficial 1964 Projects

Text is hardly visible for "View Forum Leaders" under "Quick Links" because the dark grey shading makes the "green", "red" or "grey" text almost unreadable.

Also, light grey text on that page is hard to read.
    The shading should be light grey and the light grey text should be changed to dark grey.

Just a thought.

If you are not login as member, "Mark Forums Read" option is available under "Forum Actions" and "Today's Posts".

Does it serve any purpose for guest?

I thought it is useful for member only?

Just a thought
    Last edited by MasterPhW; February 28th, 2011 at 06:20.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniacs View Post
    Can a mod/admin correct the description of "1964 (Unofficial)" subforum?

Unofficial 1969 Projects --> Unofficial 1964 Projects

Text is hardly visible for "View Forum Leaders" under "Quick Links" because the dark grey shading makes the "green", "red" or "grey" text almost unreadable.

Also, light grey text on that page is hard to read.
    The shading should be light grey and the light grey text should be changed to dark grey.

Just a thought.

If you are not login as member, "Mark Forums Read" option is available under "Forum Actions" and "Today's Posts".

Does it serve any purpose for guest?

I thought it is useful for member only?

Just a thought
    Thanks for all the input, it's easy to get a bit blind when you're just viewing it from your own eyes. I've fixed the typon on Unofficial 1964 Projects.

1964 Ultrafast has been moved as a 1964 subforum, same goes for Mupen64Plus which is now under Mupen64. Not sure if it's best to keep them there or if they should be under Unofficial Emulation Projects or perhaps somewhere else.

The View Forum Leaders style is a bug I'm been aware of, I'll see if I can fix it. That style problem is popping up here and there, it shouldn't be difficult to fix.

As far as Mark Forums Read it's useful for guests as well I guess. If they mark all as read and then come back later they wouldn't know which threads had been updated. But yeah, I think it's mostly meant to be seen as a member function.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast