What's new

vBulletin 4 installed - bug reports and suggestions

Martin

Administrator
Well now that we have installed vBulletin 4, please post any bugs you find. You're also free to make any suggestions on which add-ons you'd like to see here. Here's a few we can pick from:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=245

Added already:

* Downloads II (downloads system)
* Donations system (I'll add the list of everyone who's donated within the next day or two)
* Tapatalk - app for iPhone/Android (see www.tapatalk.com for more info)

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
  Spoiler:
this is a spoiler tag

this is a striked out sentence

Clarify the rules, do we help people who admit to downloading their Romz or don't we?

Last edited:

Allnatural

Clarify the rules, do we help people who admit to downloading their Romz or don't we?
The rules seem clear enough. Don't ask for, ask where to download, or provide links. That's it.

Not helping those that *gasp* actually admit to downloading a rom is silly. Let's be honest, 99% of people have taken the easy route.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Bugs in the dark style:
You nearly can't see LINKS at all.
The Replay to Thread-Button is still blue.
The board has a fixed width, the original Default is as broad/small as my browser.

Others:
Download upload/Uploads stats are kinda... out of place.
Blog this post? Do we really need it?
Tags for This Thread? Do we really need it?
Additional tags would be a great addition.

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
is there any way of bringing the old (original) emutalk style, it's the only one i used?
I'm pretty sure that's the same one that I liked too. (The one that looked pretty close to the default vB 3 style, with the Mario Emutalk logo?)

Anyway, aside from that, like MasterPhW said, it would be very good if links were styled differently from regular text.

Toasty

Sony battery
Another thing I just noticed is that searches don't appear to return results from before our transition to vB 4. (Or maybe the cutoff is something else; I'm not sure.) Try searching for "kirby" or anything like that to see what I mean.

EDIT: Wow, I do not read and comprehend when I am sick. :happy:

Last edited:

MasterPhW

I always check the board via "New Posts" button, but even if I visit all posts and press "New Posts" again, some are still unread (fat). A problem with my cookies?

Btw:
What's wrong here?
blan.png

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I only noticed this when I went to reply to the thread (was testing attachments)

MasterPhW's image basically breaks the table alignment when you go to the advanced post reply page.

As for the rom thing brought up earlier, I agree with AllNatural - Long as they don't tell us where they got the roms from or ask for them its none of our business XD

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Hey guys thanks for all the reports. I'll have a look at this ASAP. Unfortunately I'm working tomorrow and tonight I won't be home but maybe I'll have some time tomorrow night to fix some bugs. :)

MasterPhW

Hey guys thanks for all the reports. I'll have a look at this ASAP. Unfortunately I'm working tomorrow and tonight I won't be home but maybe I'll have some time tomorrow night to fix some bugs. :)
Take your time Martin!
It's nice to have you back, but no need to rush! It's getting more active here and a lot important bugs are fixed. That's the most important part of it all.

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
  Spoiler:
this is a spoiler tag

^no it isn't.

this is a striked out sentence

^no it isn't.

- These have been fixed

Bugs in the dark style:
You nearly can't see LINKS

- Fixed

Searching for posts/threads made by users does not work as it should. It works only for posts/threads the user made after the upgrade to vb4.

- Fixed

Tapatalk added, see first post :)

Rebuilding the search index now so you can search for old posts and threads. It can take a few hours since there are so many posts so bare with us.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterPhW

It would be great, if you could add an extension that shows attached pictures as pictures aswell instead of just the filename, would made a lot of the older texture thread a lot more viewable.

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
It would be great, if you could add an extension that shows attached pictures as pictures aswell instead of just the filename, would made a lot of the older texture thread a lot more viewable.

Hmm it should show the attached image. Example?

Toasty

Sony battery
In addition to still wanting the old original style, one suggestion I have is either disabling or adjusting the positioning on the "+Reply to Thread" button when the "Reply With Quote" function is in use. I'll usually click the "Reply With Quote" link to respond to someone, at which point the "+Reply to Thread" button gets moved below the Quick Reply box. I finish writing my reply and then click the big blue reply button below the box, only to realize it was the wrong reply button, and that I've just wasted five minutes writing a reply that did not get submitted. :p