What's new

vBulletin 4 installed - bug reports and suggestions

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I think you can subscribe to the blog entry with an option to choose control panel when you post comment.
It's "hidden" in the advance reply, I saw it after posting here. Would be better, if there would be a checkbox next to the blog.

P

Pokemaniacs

Blog entry tags bug still persists

When I submit new blog entry/post and tried to tag it with 4 tags, it complain I'm over by 2 and I have to reduce it to 2 tags before it is allowed to be published.

Click Spoiler to see image
  Spoiler:

It happen today and previous new blog entry/post and discussion thread as well. Sometimes, you can have 3 or more but not always 5 tags.

P

Pokemaniacs

Recently, logging on ET, loading of webpage are slow and today I can't get my blog page fully loaded and got my ID kick out several times trying to get into my blog post.

Is there a bottleneck somewhere because I have no problem loading webpage on other sites e.g. google site.

update : just tried loading my blog page and it got stuck with black background. :(

Last edited:

MasterPhW

It's working fine here, but some days ago I had a database error for nearly 20 minutes. I connected with mIRC to #emutalk on efnet and the problem was gone.
Probably martin updated some features or the server had a little maintenance, you have to wait for our almighty admin to answer. :)

P

Pokemaniacs

It's working fine here, but some days ago I had a database error for nearly 20 minutes. I connected with mIRC to #emutalk on efnet and the problem was gone.
Probably martin updated some features or the server had a little maintenance, you have to wait for our almighty admin to answer. :)

Thanks.
I can login but when I click away to the next page or so, it automatically log me out.
I come to this page directly and then login before I can post this message.
Weird.

MasterPhW

Probably your cookies got corrupted. Try to clean them completely (delete all BB_* files) and then try to login again.
What browser are you using? Had a problem with emutalk after updating to the newest opera alpha. Switched back to 11.01 and all is fine again.

P

Pokemaniacs

Probably your cookies got corrupted. Try to clean them completely (delete all BB_* files) and then try to login again.
What browser are you using? Had a problem with emutalk after updating to the newest opera alpha. Switched back to 11.01 and all is fine again.
It started after the latest Firefix upgrade - not sure if it is related.
But I don't have any problem on other websites.

P

Pokemaniacs

Did you try to delete your cookies especially the cookies starting with bb_ and tried again?
It seems to be back to normal most of the time except during server bottleneck.
Previously, I need not click "remember me" during login and able to navigate between ET pages but it is no longer possible and I must check "remember me" otherwise it will kick out my id when I move between pages.

I will survive. :yucky:

Last edited:

MasterPhW

The spoiler is doing some crazy things.
  Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Now the text is aligned much more on the right than before.

P

Pokemaniacs

It seems the javascript on ET? is slowing down things.
Once I disable Javascript, response is good but I need to enable it for posting.

MasterPhW

Attachments seems to be broken (again... :p). The thread overview shows them in the index, but they aren't attached to the post nor shown at all... you can see it in this thread.

P

Pokemaniacs

I am still having very slow slow response from ET server when loading the pages and it improve on certain time period(?) but I don't have problem surfing other sites.

Response will improve with javascript disabled but it may hang too and is a real damper when surfing ET or writing post.

Is everyone happy with the response or just me alone?
It was a great feeling surfing ET after the revamp but I am not sure now(at least that is my personal experience).

MasterPhW

Yeah, same here. Sometimes it's loading very slow and sometimes I don't get a database response and the site won't load at all.
It's been much slower since the restart of the site, but we have to wait for Marty to respond.

RadeonUser

Testing image upload.

I forgot who I copied this from, I'm sure it was someone in the forums.
Did Martin fix this already?

Hmm I should've been nice and found a smaller image to upload.

Attachments

• profesor oak9.gif
    profesor oak9.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
I'm pretty sure that's the same one that I liked too. (The one that looked pretty close to the default vB 3 style, with the Mario Emutalk logo?)
[MENTION=20428]Toasty[/MENTION]
Look at what I found on web.archive.org
emutalk.jpg