What's new

vBulletin 4 installed - bug reports and suggestions

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
In addition to still wanting the old original style, one suggestion I have is either disabling or adjusting the positioning on the "+Reply to Thread" button when the "Reply With Quote" function is in use. I'll usually click the "Reply With Quote" link to respond to someone, at which point the "+Reply to Thread" button gets moved below the Quick Reply box. I finish writing my reply and then click the big blue reply button below the box, only to realize it was the wrong reply button, and that I've just wasted five minutes writing a reply that did not get submitted. :p

That it annoying indeed, I've done the same a few times :p I'll look into it :)

Could you add an auto resize feature for pictures included with the -tag that would normally break the table alignment? I've converted some click me images to [IMG] images and some of the totally destroy the fixed width of the board.[/QUOTE]

Hmm I wonder if there's a good solution for that. The only solution I can think of that's easy enough would be to have a bit wider style/layout. Otherwise maybe we'd have to limit the sizes a bit more.

Last edited by a moderator:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Hmm I wonder if there's a good solution for that. The only solution I can think of that's easy enough would be to have a bit wider style/layout. Otherwise maybe we'd have to limit the sizes a bit more.

there is a plugin/mod that resizes the displayed image that allows clickable fullsizing.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
The spoilers suck. :D
Really, normally a good spoiler can be opened.
So we could hide screenshots, download links and (unimportant) information. Now the whole post will be big and bloated up (like here), with a lot white stuff in the place the spoiler should be. Could you please add an other kind of spoiler tag instead? And add an additional spoiler button into the quick reply box?

Edit: I can see, you scrapped the fixed width. Nice one, makes the board a lot more comfortable.
th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

Last edited:
OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Yeah looks better imo.

Trying to get the spoilers to work now...

Spoiler:
Testing

MasterPhW

Works. Nice one. Thx!
Looking much better now! I ♥ the animation. :)
And I can put some screens into spoilers now.

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Yeah only one problem: Old spoilers won't work.

Because you need to put it like this:

[ SPOILER="Short info on the spoiler"]This is a spoiler[/SPOILER]

The old version is:

[ SPOILER]This is a spoiler[/SPOILER]

Remove the space before SPOILER to test...

Nevermind, I figured it out :)

MasterPhW

I see, that the spoiler with info doesn't work (anymore?). Did you remove it, does only one work or did I something wrong?
[SPOILER="Testspoiler"]Won't work[/SPOILER]

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
I see, that the spoiler with info doesn't work (anymore?). Did you remove it, does only one work or did I something wrong?
[SPOILER="Testspoiler"]Won't work[/SPOILER]

Yeah you can only have on or the other. Since we want all the old spoilers to work I thought it would be best to use the old format.

MasterPhW

Yeah you can only have on or the other. Since we want all the old spoilers to work I thought it would be best to use the old format.
We only have the spoilers in this thread and in the Duke Nukem thread (I added them after merging the credits to the start post). ;)
So it's up to you, it's still your board mate.
Going to sleep now. You should aswell. It's already 3:33 am! ;)

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
We only have the spoilers in this thread and in the Duke Nukem thread (I added them after merging the credits to the start post). ;)
So it's up to you, it's still your board mate.
Going to sleep now. You should aswell. It's already 3:33 am! ;)

I think it's fine the way it is, if people need to put a tag before their spoiler they can just put it in plain text before the spoiler.

Good night! :)

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Just added one final thing before going to bed.

I've added a hack that basically puts the advanced reply here at quick reply :)

Spoiler:
Yup it works...

MasterPhW

WOW.
The additional video tag since forum update and the new spoiler tag add a lot joy to the existing threads. Just check the N64 high resolution Complete Projects board and the last few entry, which are already tuned. :)

The newest opera 11.10 alpha is really picky about malformated stylesheet information.
This is the way Emutalk is looking on 11.10 Alpha build 2020:
forum2x.png

Thanks to some website coders we could track the problem.
I'll just quote them:
Alexs said:
It seems all the problems are related to an error in the integration of the stylesheet-file in the http://www.emutalk.net/ Forum

Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php? (…) vbulletin-formcontrols.css," />
At the end of the line, there's a semicolon, if you remove it with a custom css it will look like before and without problems.
Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php? (…) vbulletin-formcontrols.css" />
You should probably tell your admin about!

Last edited:

Allnatural

I don't much care for the way image attachments are handled. Would others agree that thumbnails are the best option?

MasterPhW

Nope.
Thumbnails suck: you need to click them to see the full glory, they are even smaller than a good preview should be, so you nearly won't see the big differences high res textures create.

MasterPhW

Hmm it looks like this problem occurs on all vBulletin 4 forums, even the official one:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum.php

Can you reproduce the error there? If not, it's probably something else that causes it.
The problem can easily reproduced if you update from an existing opera installation to the newest alpha build and check emutalk or some other boards... I also reported it already to the desktopteam. Probably it's a opera problem.

MasterPhW

Doublepost, will merge after you read it:
Is there any way to track new posts of blogentries after you posted?
Pokemaniac is using the blogfeature in an intelligent way and I always have to enter blog->recent comments to see new answers.
Would be better if you could integrate and user control center notification or something like that.