What's new

Whats the Best N64 Emulator?

Wraggster

DCEmu Webmaster
Administrator
Category: <b>Nintendo 64</b><br><br>Whilst we wait for the transition of the front page to match in with the forums and to spark some conversation, i have a question for the elite who visit here, this as you can see by the forums a site that focuses on Nintendo 64, so with that in mind whats the Best Nintendo 64 Emulator for your Favourite N64 Game.

Replies via Comments.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
At the moment of writing it's 1964 UltraFast V3 :
It has all the features of 1964 1.1, some little fixes and the possibility to over clock the N64 to archive a better frame rate (should be ported to every newer console! PSX overclocked would bring a lot joy aswell... still waiting for ePSXe 1.8, but don't think, that it will include such a feature...).
So it's possible to use high resolution textures (with Rice and its derivates and Glide) + smoother 60FPS in most games.
But I think, it's a thing of taste: if you used PJ64 most of the time, it's PJ64 1.6 because you are used to it, same applies to Mupen. So I don't think, we'll encounter a satisfying result at the end.

SnappyCrunch

I haven't used an N64 emulator other than 1964 in a while. I've never heard of the UltraFast variant; I'm gonna go check it out.