What's new

iPhone or Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Administrator
What are your thoughts? I've had an iPhone since it was first released in the US, in fact I still use my old iPhone 2G. But it's pretty outdated by now and it doesn't work like it should (no sound, home button occationally works).

So I'm considering getting an iPhone with a 18 month contract when the iPhone 5 is out (probably in june or july). I don't like it that everyone has an iPhone though, even my dad has one hehe ;) The main reason I'd like to keep an iPhone though is that I have quite a few apps that I've paid for, including Navigon GPS which as pretty expensive.

On the other hand, an Android phone seems much more "open" that Apple's OS which would be nice of course.

Edit: Gf also has an iPhone (3GS) which is the reason we have Navigon GPS, we share one Appstore account.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I'd say Android since iPhones are overpriced compared to the rest and the are not so "open".

But when you have apps for the iphone already... it's a problem...

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
I'd say Android since iPhones are overpriced compared to the rest and the are not so "open".

But when you have apps for the iphone already... it's a problem...

Yeah that's the main issue. iPhone sure is overpriced but Apple products always are. On the other hand I like the build quality of their products.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
I would stick with the iPhone.

I have a 3gs (i know it's getting old now :p) and it's great. No other phone really compares to it

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
I'm leaning towards that, Zack. However, until the new iPhone is out I've considered getting a cheap Android phone (my iPhone 2G is barely usable, I don't think I can stick with it for another 4-5 months hehe).

It's called ZTE Blade and it's about $200 USD (without contract). I'd get one with a contract though since I don't have the cash:

http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_blade-3391.php

What do you think?

smcd

I recently had this conflict and went family-fad with the iphone. its alright so far - jailbroke it 30 minutes after purchase hehe. several android vendors (motorola, im looking at you) are locking it down too... but we'll see how it pans out.

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Decided to get the ZTE Blade I posted about before. So far so good. Can't seem to root it though so I can upgrade to Android 2.2 :(

Cyberman

Decided to get the ZTE Blade I posted about before. So far so good. Can't seem to root it though so I can upgrade to Android 2.2 :(
This link you probably already have seen, it lead to this thread some forum. I don't know if it's useful or not because the forum search system didn't like me :D
I would assume you've tried numerous utils and methods already.

I've never been a big advocate of any Google released code. Google doesn't release something without them using it to gather information about you. So be forearmed, and paranoid to save your behind with Andriod. Never know these days what or who is doing what and where.

blame space

Okay, I don't really hate Android. They are helping to spread smartphones around the world. And the platform is made here in the good ol US of A. Nonetheless, I worry that Androids, despite their good, are disproportionately *empowering* Big Carriers. but I rather Iphone

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
Yeah that's the main issue. iPhone sure is overpriced but Apple products always are. On the other hand I like the build quality of their products.

Build quality.... which is why my wife's iPhone 4's backplate broke after 1.5 months of use and a 1 foot fall (literally).

judithsanches

Judith Sanches
I have the same story like you.. but now iPhone is going cheap..... Do you know any online sites are providing used iPhones?
Now, I've decided to buy iPhone X but it's very expensive. So I will buy a used iPhone X from any good dealer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.