What's new

1964 "Ultrafast" v2 released

PistolGrip

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't checked in a while. My friend Retroralph (author of Retrocopy) took my concept and made it available on his forum. It has other changes to 1964 to make it faster and more accurate also. Compared to my 1.1 its a lot more stable, I guess thats what happens when an experienced emu developer does something :D

http://www.retrocopy.com/forumthread/414-1/1964-ultrafast---60fps-n64-emulator.aspx

Thanks for the messages some of you left me.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I decided to split Pistolgrips thread into two since I believe Retroralphs build of 1964 is different enough to deserve its own thread. The old thread remains in this section. I also removed the arguments as a result.

Please discuss this build here.

ihearpixels

This build should fix the subscreen pause of LoZ: OoT. I've told RR to fix that :p.

Maybe I should tell him to get to work on Top Gear Rally's and DK64's timing issues :p

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Ah DK64, thats a tough one, no emulator I know of runs this game entirely correctly as far as timing goes.

1964 impressed me because Schibo managed to eliminate the polygons ripping out of the models randomly (aka as Tris I believe)
Project64's issue is that although the game is very playable it suffers from the polygon problem, also sometimes it'll send you back to the beginning of the level, never tested it on 1964.

Project64 gets the timing as close as i've seen it, if you can put up with the graphical glitch its perfectly ok.

Retroralphs build doesn't go past the initial logo/song screen, but in other games it works well enough-

I tried Majoras mask, works fine, has a 20fps cap though. Nothing to be done about that, something Nintendo put in.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I tried Majoras mask, works fine, has a 20fps cap though. Nothing to be done about that, something Nintendo put in.
But even with a 20 VI/FPS cap it goes much smother and that's the aim of this build, so I can just say: mission accomplished! :D

Rich_T

Great to see

Nice work, good to see things with the N64 is still going.

1 question though, I just downloaded the emulator but it does not come with a video plugin? Which shall I use?

P

Pokemaniacs

I tried the v2 on GoldenEye and it does work with very specific setting otherwise performance becomes worse.
Anyway, I still get fullspeed with smooth gameplay and sound without overclocking on a normal 1964.
The only benefit I see is the faster transition between scene during cutscene.

It is pointless to post comment in the author forum because he will delete post that correct his wrong comments and leave his own post mis-leading forum readers.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Nobody has posted anything for a while so I will :p

Version 3 is out!

Don't worry about mirrors Nintendo Maniac I doubt we'll lose it now.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Ah DK64, thats a tough one, no emulator I know of runs this game entirely correctly as far as timing goes.

1964 impressed me because Schibo managed to eliminate the polygons ripping out of the models randomly (aka as Tris I believe)
Project64's issue is that although the game is very playable it suffers from the polygon problem, also sometimes it'll send you back to the beginning of the level, never tested it on 1964.

Project64 gets the timing as close as i've seen it, if you can put up with the graphical glitch its perfectly ok.

Retroralphs build doesn't go past the initial logo/song screen, but in other games it works well enough-

Heh, lucky i have a original DK64 cartridge, which works fine. Off topic, kinda: Does anyone still have a N64 in working condition? Me and my brothers N64 has survived since christmas 97.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Emufan: I have the n64 cart too, but I'd prefer to be able to emulate it because it looks so much better.

Still even so its a worthy game, as worthy as any other for emulation.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Heh, lucky i have a original DK64 cartridge, which works fine. Off topic, kinda: Does anyone still have a N64 in working condition? Me and my brothers N64 has survived since christmas 97.

I still have a functional N64, it's the DK64 Limited Edition unit. Came with an expansion memory, DK64 game, and green controller. At the time my local Toys R' Us was giving away an additional yellow banana controller as well. I've owned it new since 1999, so almost 12 years and works great.

Though I agree with ScottJC, emulated versions look so much better it's hard to sit in front of the real thing much anymore. And with adapters to plug the real controllers on that just adds to the fun.