What's new

Help Emu64, Also What Would You Like to See on Emu 64

Wraggster

DCEmu Webmaster
Administrator
Category: <b>Site</b><br><br>Im sure that those who have been members here for years have noticed the decline of the site till the last few days, thankfully people are coming back and theres updated news and a real buzz is imerging around Emulation 64 and Emutalk, in these days when so many emulation sites are dead or just never updated its very important to keep this site going.

Emu64 is looking to purchase a new license for Vbulletin which will buy the premium version which includes blogs and so much more, to do this the site needs your help to raise the cash to enable this, if you can spare some cash then check out the Donation Page

Also what would you like to happen with Emu64, what changes could be made to make this the greatest Emulation community again, reply via comments with your ideas.

Thanks for Listening

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Waiting for payday (Monday), than it'll only be 20 bucks left (will donate 50 bucks if still necessary).

Maturion

Dreamcast-Fan
I would love to see more updates and more life in the forums. Emulation64 should reassert the position it once had: Being one of the leading emulator sites in the web. Sadly it is now far away from that.

But hey, look at NGEmu.com. They were once one of the biggest emulation sites out there, then somehow started to decline (no news-posts, less forum activity, etc...). Then they started reviving the site, and within short time, they were back and stronger then before.

Of course, more news posts would help to boost the forum's activity. Also, get in touch with some emulator authors and host their projects, that'd be nice.

Just a small suggestion: Wouldn't a free forum software, such as phpBB, fit your needs?

Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
I would love to see more updates and more life in the forums. Emulation64 should reassert the position it once had: Being one of the leading emulator sites in the web. Sadly it is now far away from that.

But hey, look at NGEmu.com. They were once one of the biggest emulation sites out there, then somehow started to decline (no news-posts, less forum activity, etc...). Then they started reviving the site, and within short time, they were back and stronger then before.

Of course, more news posts would help to boost the forum's activity. Also, get in touch with some emulator authors and host their projects, that'd be nice.

Just a small suggestion: Wouldn't a free forum software, such as phpBB, fit your needs?

Hey Maturion, thanks for the input. :) I think there's a good chance we regain that position, we've also seen some increase in visitors and posts here at EmuTalk. Still, of course we used to have a lot more but many of the emus we're hosting (and their boards) have unfortunately been cancelled.

As far as free forum software goes, that is a good poing. However, we've been using vBulletin for 10 years now and it's always worked great for us. We're used to how the system works and it integrates nicely with the existing site. :)

Finally, I'd like to thank the people who have donated (thanks for that last generous donation, Project 64 team!), we now have enough funds to cover the vBulletin 4 Suite license so I'll go get that rightaway. :)