What's new

Introducing the Sony PSP2!

Wraggster

DCEmu Webmaster
Administrator
Category: <b>PSP2</b><br><br>News via DCEmu

psp2w.jpg

Sony has finally unveiled what everyone has already speculated, heard and hoped for. The PSP2, which is simply going by a codename of Next Generation Portable or NGP, boasts a high-resolution OLED screen and impressive hardware both under the hood and in its outward functions. Need any proof that Sony is taking ques from Apple and their interference in the portable gaming market with its touch devices? The PSP2 is touch-sensitive! The new handheld will come with new internal matchmaking software called LiveArea which is intended to connect you with nearby PSP2 gamers for multiplayer gaming and socializing.

Here is a rundown:

* CPU, RAM, GPU: This is still to be determined, but Sony claims it's as powerful as a PS3!
* Storage: Unidentified "new media" for games, on-board Flash storage
* Display: 5 inch OLED with 960 x 544 resolution
* Wireless: WiFi, 3G, GPS
* Inputs: Touchscreen, touch sensitive back panel (!?), D-pad, L/R shoulder buttons, standard PlayStation buttons, SIXAXIS controls

Sony showcased a handful of games alongside the reveal of the new PSP, including demos of old PSP favourites like Wipeout and Hot Shots Golf and also big killer app brands common on the PS3 such as Killzone, Resistance, Uncharted and LittleBigPlanet. Sony also made sure to show off some new titles such as Little Deviants, Reality Fighters and Gravity Daze. Sony says the new portable console will also play PSone games supported via its PlayStation Suite platform (also surprisingly showing up on Android devices) and will be backwards compatible PSP games previously downloaded through the Playstation Store. To demonstrate this backward compatibility, Capcom's Jun Takeuchi demoed Monster Hunter Portable 3rd for the PSP on the new handheld.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Unveil Trailer for Playstation live:
Sony teaser for next-generation portable AKA PSP2
Height and size comparision.
500x_psp2comp.jpg

Hardwarespecs:
CPU: ARM® CortexTM-A9 core (4 core)
GPU: SGX543MP4+
Size: appr. 182,0 x 18,6 x 83,5mm
Display: 5'' (16:9), 960 x 544, ca. 16 Mio. colours, OLED, Multi-Touchscreen, Multi Touchpad on the back
camera: front & back
Stereooutput
Microfon
Sensors: Sixaxis motion sensing system (3-Axes-Gyroscop, 3-Axes-Accelerometer), electronic compass (3-Achsen)
build in GPS
WLAN: IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1x1)(Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode)
Bluetooth: 2.1+EDR ?A2DP/AVRCP/HSP
Buttons: PS, Power, D-Pad, Action (triangle, circle, cross, square), Analogsticks (left/right), Volume-Regler, Start, Select
LOL:
MSDu0.jpg

Martin

Administrator
Cool. Isn't it bigger than the old version though? I thought things were ment to get smaller and smaller :p

OP
Wraggster

Wraggster

DCEmu Webmaster
Administrator
im glad they still have joypad controls, i hate all touchscreen gaming like on my ipod touch

Stezo2k

S-2K
It sounds pretty interesting, I am disappointed with the design though, looks too much like the original. I do think the PSP Go style design was a step in the right direction

TBH though I am more interested in the 3DS