What's new

We Are Back

Wraggster

DCEmu Webmaster
Administrator
Category: <b>Site</b><br><br>Well its been a while but now i have access to post emulation news on Emulation 64 again, lets get this place pumping again, with all the recent hacking of consoles such as the PS3 its a great time in the world of emulation.

Its good to be back, cant believe its nearly 2 years since the last front page post, but it wont happen again.

Thanks to all for visiting Emulation64

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
spiderman_came.jpg

;)
Nice to have the news running again!

OP
Wraggster

Wraggster

DCEmu Webmaster
Administrator
yeah Martys back on board, the world needs a great emulation community and news site :)

MasterPhW

It's a shame, that nearly all big emulation communities doesn't exist anymore. NGemu is a bunch of commercial fucktards, EmuTalk nearly died in Martins absence, 1emu and emuXhaven are sleeping for some time (dunno why) and the "alternatives" (XTemu, GeneralEmu... ) are still kinda empty.
Miss the time of EF...
I'm feeling old.

OP
Wraggster

Wraggster

DCEmu Webmaster
Administrator
Yeah i know what you mean, its the old communities that brought me into emulation, it saddens me so much to see them die or just not update, now i have access again ill post emulation news daily

Xtreme2damax

Awesome, I'm still around but not as active as I once was. I just moved out of my parents and am paving my own road now, due to this time is more scarce than before.

Anywho, nice to see some news, I was like Whaa?! when I opened the section and saw all the new threads. :p

Martin

Administrator
It's a shame, that nearly all big emulation communities doesn't exist anymore. NGemu is a bunch of commercial fucktards, EmuTalk nearly died in Martins absence, 1emu and emuXhaven are sleeping for some time (dunno why) and the "alternatives" (XTemu, GeneralEmu... ) are still kinda empty.
Miss the time of EF...
I'm feeling old.

True that. I'm on Mac since a few years back so I guess that's one of the reasons I haven't been so involved, that and other things that have kept me busy (engineering major took some time and effort hehe).

About being commercial I can understand it when it comes to official emu sites because they're putting a lot of effort into it. Well maybe not as much as some sites have now:

http://www.pj64-emu.com/downloads/project64/binaries/

You can't even download a file without playing some game and the site is filled with ads. Like I said, I don't blame them for that thoughAlmost all our sites on the network have a simple text ad, it's rare to see nowadays. Some doesn't even have any ads at all.

* You'll never see popup ads on our sites
* You'll never see huge and nasty banners
* You'll never see more than one ad code

(unless the site owner wants to put up extra ads himself, they're welcome to it).

Advertising does not even cover our server costs, I've been paying out of my pocket for years (not a lot though, ads cover most of it most months, usually short of a couple hundred).

Anyway, enough ranting, good to see you guys posting here. :)

MasterPhW

About being commercial I can understand it when it comes to official emu sites because they're putting a lot of effort into it. Well maybe not as much as some sites have now:

http://www.pj64-emu.com/downloads/project64/binaries/

You can't even download a file without playing some game and the site is filled with ads.
Don't see any ads, probably my ad blocker or opera itself.
But with commercial I meant, that they sold the complete rights of the site, all its content and the administration to a forum hosting company (CrowdGather), which don't care about there users or community at all. That's the bad thing why I called them fucktards. I didn't logged in since this day. More than 2 years ago.
Like I said, I don't blame them for that thoughAlmost all our sites on the network have a simple text ad, it's rare to see nowadays. Some doesn't even have any ads at all.

* You'll never see popup ads on our sites
* You'll never see huge and nasty banners
* You'll never see more than one ad code

(unless the site owner wants to put up extra ads himself, they're welcome to it).
You don't need to advertise for the Emu64 network. I'm here for 7 years and always appreciated the "less advertisement is better than a huge load of or non ads"-rule. :)
Advertising does not even cover our server costs, I've been paying out of my pocket for years (not a lot though, ads cover most of it most months, usually short of a couple hundred).
*thumbs up*

Martin

Administrator
Don't see any ads, probably my ad blocker or opera itself.
But with commercial I meant, that they sold the complete rights of the site, all its content and the administration to a forum hosting company (CrowdGather), which don't care about there users or community at all. That's the bad thing why I called them fucktards. I didn't logged in since this day. More than 2 years ago.

You don't need to advertise for the Emu64 network. I'm here for 7 years and always appreciated the "less advertisement is better than a huge load of or non ads"-rule. :)

*thumbs up*

I actually had no idea about that (NGEmu), that really sucks. I wish I could sell my sites, could use some money j/k