What's new

I'm getting tired of the spam

Martin

Administrator
lmao Gent.

Seeing Marty replying to that stuff makes me glad that there is someone who has this kind of access to the server. It just happens every few years and such. :doh:

I'm back for good this time :matrix:

Well it looks like the spamming has stopped. Only problem now is that we get no posts at all hehe :D

Wraggster

DCEmu Webmaster
Administrator
yeah the old style forums have very much gone south with the advent of social Networking, which is why integration with such things as twitter and facebook matter so much. well imo :p

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Honestly, if the board is updated with some capcha-like system the need to trash spam would decrease like a thousand times. The need for moderators for this cause would also... dare I say, be eliminated?

On the other hand, a couple of people familiar with recent emulation progress as a whole, including some derivatives like retexturing, is very welcome. :)

Also Marty, glad you're not dead or something! :doh:

think again, sadly capcha has been cracked.

a new dark theme would do nicely... im not fond of overly bright forums :p the current dark blue has issues with some font colours and i think spoilers are broken (in the dark theme).

Spoiler:
see, spoilers are broken

i suggest installing one of the newer spoiler mods which expand and contract.
or http://www.vbulletin-faq.com/forum/showthread.php?10886-BBcode-Advanced-Spoiler-Code

Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
We'll upgrade the forums soon enough so I guess I'll work with some new styles then :)

squall_leonhart

:D lets turn Emutalk into the premier emulation community.... now that CGEMU (formerly NGEMU) has turned into a corporations bankroll.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
:D lets turn Emutalk into the premier emulation community.... now that CGEMU (formerly NGEMU) has turned into a corporations bankroll.

Well, you say similar stuff for every board you've been banned from, so I'm not taking this comment seriously. :p

squall_leonhart

Well, you say similar stuff for every board you've been banned from, so I'm not taking this comment seriously. :p

Psyman, why do you think i decided to get banned?

:p I seriously only get banned from places that i can no longer stand being apart of. Whether thats because management has gone out the window (CGEMU's support tickets? lolwut?), or because the moderators are complete dicks who don't do their research before complaining about stuff, then completely admitting to not having a clue or the inclination to learn the truth(Guru3D/NVNews).

Let me put it this way, If I had wanted to be apart of that place anymore, i would've created a new account after i was banned, but the level of fail at that place was intolerable, with xblade and his fail, and then that crazy guy who has since been allowed to rejoin with a dupe account, after he was banned for harassing certain female members in PM (as well as in im).

Not to mention the two faced administration that says one thing to you in IM, and another in the staff board :p.

If it wasn't for Bobbi suddenly becoming swamped with his new business, his new community might be online by now (but life has a habbit of changing plans).

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
So back on topic...

Is anyone else as excited as I am about the possible re-birth of this site? I still remember the good old days here, and would love them to return :)

OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Honestly I wasn't expecting the response I got to this thread, that was quite a surprise.

I'm glad I noticed the Apache thing the other day, though someone else could've thought of it.

Martin being back is quite a treat indeed since it brought a fair number of others back from the dead too, I guess he has some kind of mind control powers? It wouldn't suprise me ;)

And yes i'm fairly excited...

skull1

im9i7
Wow! The day finally came. Martin is back. There should be a frontpage post about this.

Welcome back Martin. I think Allnatural together with the other old timers was holding the fort when you were away.

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Nice that the donation fund already raised 150 bucks. Will donate 50 bucks on Monday (pay day. ;))

squall_leonhart

I suggest a reconsolidation and reorganisation of the forums boards, i've always found it to a be a little disorganised.

maybe moving the long dead (and barely used) n64 emulators into a single section, and rearranging the non emulator discussion sections.

all the General *Console and General *Handheld discusions should be consolidated, theres too many boards with no activity for there to be a point to keeping them as individual sections.

NullDC, FCEUX and other boards are also not present :p

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I think we should wait for the forum upgrade till we reorganize the board. Shouldn't be a long wait and after that, martin can do it in the fancy new UI of vB 4.x. The most important point is to keep the whole posts/discussions alive, would be a GREAT loss, if it won't make the jump to ET 2.0.