What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V6 Development Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

airwide

Absolutely wicked! Just found out about the texture packs. To see
that my favourite game is in the process of being redone..
priceless! Big up from Sweden!

F

Fanatic 64

Hi, I'm posting here just for not let this tread die.

Please do something!!!.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

I would get back onto work with this project... but alot of my enthusiasm was killed long ago. However if there's some other artists that are willing to come back and help me finish this off, I might be able to get my enthusiasm for the project back. I definetely wont let this project die, we have had some of the most talented artists work on this, and its way to much high quality work to to go to waste and never being fully completed.

swartech

Hey ... Listen! (sorry, couldn't resist).

I only just discovered this project and I'd be really interested in working on it. I may not have done much image texturing before, but I think I'd manage. It'd be such a shame to let all this work go unfinished.

I'll make a post on my blog tomorrow and ask around to see if I can get any other artists interested; I'd really love to see this finished.
I can't post links because I only just signed up to these forums to post this, but feel free to check out some of my work by googling 'swartech wordpress' (not spam I promise).

Last edited:

D1n

Researcher
Hey swartech, welcome to emutalk!
Your work is great!! the bomb render was quite impressive. I think your talent would greatly benefit this project,
especially in the static background department (interiors etc.) witch requires 3d modelling skills, your area of expertise obviously.
Your idea of blogging for more artists is great also, thank you from behalf of the community for showing interest in this project.

@ death-droid Know that your work thus far is greatly appreciated by many people. Please..revive your enthusiasm and see this to the end,
it's a shame to let such a wonderful project die..

swartech

Thanks so much for your kind words. I've actually only started 3D modelling when I started my blog (2 months ago), but I'm happy with the progress I've made. I'm most experienced in 2D painting, but I think those skills would be useful for texture painting, and also maybe the interiors of shops or Link's house.

Is there an up-to-date list somewhere of things left to retexture (so I can link others to it).

I really can't wait to start work on this and be a part of such a big project :D

airwide

Checked out the blog Swartech, impressing!

Im sure a lot of us would love to see Links house redone.
This guy needs to be put on the project asap!

swartech

Thanks airwide :satisfied, just posted about this on my blog, hopefully a few others might see it and get involved.

I'll make a start when I know what still needs to be done, I don't want to waste my time :)

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hey swartech,
Glad to see that your interested in helping out on this project, would be awesome to see another artist come back to this project and give it the love that it deserves.
The list on the main topic is fairly up to date, there are a couple of things that are already done I thiiiink, not completely sure on that one though.
If your willing to challenge yourself, the Water Temple really does need to be redone, at the moment its a bit of a hodge podge of different artists work, while there good, you can tell the difference in their style. Theres also the shadow temple that needs doing. All of those are fairly major projects, but from the looks of your blog, you definitely have the art skills to be able to pull them off. Theres also the many static background that need to be doing, but I don't have a list of those sadly.
If there's anything you need help with, just say and hopefully ill be able to provide the information.

Actually seeing you seem rather enthusiastic about this project is making me want to get back to work on this.
It would be great to have you on board.

swartech

Thanks, I think I'll ease myself in first by finishing the Shop in Kokiri Forest and maybe some of the static backgrounds of the houses. It'd be good to have a whole area (especially the starting area) completely finished. Then perhaps I'll move on to a Temple when I've had more practice (I can understand why people would stay away from the Water Temple :ermm: ).

Glad I've helped motivate you :D

Last edited:

wacka

Awesome job, ++++++!! :) altho im having a hard time extracting the files, pressing part 001 then it says undefined error something like that (odefinerat fel) in swedish so i cant extract it :(

bobjohson

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever encountered on the internet. Will someone please post a single file to download rather than having to use emulation64.com's stupid ****ing site??? I understand that it's a huge file but I don't care, it is bull**** that not a single person has access to a direct link to download this file. If someone can get it to me I can host it on a 100mb/s connection for people to download with ease. In this day and age I can't believe people still screw around with downloading multiple files to get one big one, it's astonishing.

Last edited by a moderator:

tymann23

Please fellas, don't let this project die. I understand what it's like to get distracted from a big project or from anything really, or lose enthusiasm. Don't give up on it though. I really wish I had training in this stuff, otherwise I'd jump on it. I have somewhat of a natural artistic ability (with drawing what I see) but that's about it....But if there's ANYTHING I could do that would help even in the least, let me know. Not just for the simple fact I want to experience and play the game with the re-texture (lawlz) but because I can relate to what it's like. And, I can tell simply by looking at photos at what had been done that you guys put alot of your blood, sweat and tears into this re-texture project. Once again, you have my enthusiasm and my good lucks and any help I could possibly give I'm here. Good luck on git'n er dun. Lol.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

@bobjohson, I really do not like the the tone your speaking in, to me your coming across rather rude sooo, whether you like it or not. I have NO access to any website that allows a file to be downloaded directly, and I don't have the money to be able to do that otherwise I gladly would of done that from get go. There's still many things on that internet that are provided in parts and not as a full file. In matter of fact sometimes its easier for people to download files in smaller files if they have unreliable/unstable internet.
@Tynann23, Ill try and spend some of my spare time upon this project again, but I don't really have much spare time anymore since I've kind of overburdened myself at the moment XD Hopefully we will see some awesome work from swartech in the near future :)
@Swartech, I dont blame you for not wanting to try doing one of the temples up first, but the static backgrounds is a rather big thing to be done :), and its something that I personally would find hugely helpful to this project as barely any of them have actually being done XD

EDIT:

Removed the .dat file links since their not actually supported by me and I seem to be getting personal messages about them not working properly, I personally want this project to be open so people can view each individual texture and see the amount of work that has been put into them. Also marked that the emulation64 links are not recommended due to various problems with them and the fact that there's like 49 odd parts.

Also uploading the file as a whole to jumbofiles.com sometime soon. (no wait time, no download throttling)
ETA 6 hours

EDIT2:
Jumbofiles link now on main page.

Last edited:

bobjohson

I apologize for the tone I was using, that was a great deal of frustration and anger getting the best of me. I appreciate the work that you all do, and thank you death--droid for uploading to a better site. I feel that this will help a great deal of other users out there trying to just get the textures.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Ahhh that's ok, I can imagine if you have good internet that downloading all those individual parts would become a real hassle. I'm going to do some looking around for some other websites that I can upload it to that have little to no waiting time and allow me to upload the pack in its full size.

milos

hi im dwonload a texure pack and do I have create a hi res folder in plugin and aply texure or samting difrent??? my englis is bad bicuse I m for Serbia

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hey, Make sure your using a hi-res texture loading capable plugin like Mudlord Rice Video, 1964Video or Glide64.
If your using one of these plugins you should have a folder in the plugins directory of your emulator, called "hires_texture" if you don't then create it, within that folder is where you put this texture pack.

swartech

I made a quick video comparing the original textures to the HD textures (again, sorry I can't link - just google 'swartech wordpress')

This probably isn't the right place to post this, but I figured most people here would know. I've had some trouble setting up Glide64 with mupen64plus in windows. I've heard that Glide is better than Rice, but I'd be fine using Rice as long as I could enable Anti Aliasing.

Does anybody know how to set up Glide64 with mupen64plus or enable AA in Rice?

I'll hopefully post some new textures on Thursday if I can get all this sorted.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Ahhh what version of RiceVideo are you trying to use??, I have no experience using Glide so I cant help you with that sorry :\
I've being a bit busy as of late so hopefully soon ill get the time to get back to work on this project :\, if people can provide my dumps of areas that aren't already done that would be a great help. Along with a save game. Also was looking at a friends 3DS playing through the Kokiri village, and i noticed that in their re-creation they made everything a lot more vibrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.