What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V6 Development Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAnimeX

Hey guys, remember ChaosZeroX?
That's my old handle when I use to contribute to this project years ago.
I love that this project is still active and the download still working!
I might try to finish the Spirit Temple I worked on, and improve some of the textures, which I see now, some weren't all that fabulous.
Sadly I don't think I have any of my source work(PSDs), but I have gotten better since then and think I can produce better textures.

Has anyone done anything on the Spirit temple since I last worked on it? I don't want to work on something someone else already is.
Also what emulator(and version) and video plugin(and version) are best now?

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

This reminds me, I've been having issues with shop item textures. When i go into the shop, All the items are a silver metal, Or i guess look like that. Using PJ64 2.1, Glide final (not the one that came with PJ64) if thats any help.
I've been plagued by it for a while, But too lazy to post haha.

As for a release, I'd say if it has any major texture bug fixes, Or the pack is cleaned up a lot, do a small release (v6.1?) May just generate enough attention to pull some more artists in ya know? Plus since there are duped files in the archive it may fix some bugs people may be having.

From what I remember even the Glide final release has a problem with missing green channel or something like that when the textures are compressed. I'm not to knowledgeable about Glide though so I could be completely wrong. Fairly sure the textures are all fine.
Hmmmm been thinking of doing a release soon, going to do some more texture work today and see how much i actually get through.

So what should I do if I find any particular texture bugs (for example, I had an issue with a shadow texture not lining up with the item texture in a dialog box) since I do not have the most recent release? Or if I find any textures that have not been touched that I change since the project has slowed down so greatly? Send a PM to you, death--droid?

(I say this not even knowing how I can find the addresses for textures that have not been fixed yet. Ignorance is not always bliss.)

Just report it on here, always helpful to take a screenshot of the texture at fault, should be fairly easy to trace back what it actually is since the files are all orderd. But yeah its best just to post everything here rather than PMing me, I tend to not read my PM's very often.

Hey guys, remember ChaosZeroX?
That's my old handle when I use to contribute to this project years ago.
I love that this project is still active and the download still working!
I might try to finish the Spirit Temple I worked on, and improve some of the textures, which I see now, some weren't all that fabulous.
Sadly I don't think I have any of my source work(PSDs), but I have gotten better since then and think I can produce better textures.

Has anyone done anything on the Spirit temple since I last worked on it? I don't want to work on something someone else already is.
Also what emulator(and version) and video plugin(and version) are best now?

Wow glad to see you back around man!! Been a short supply of artists lately which sucks :\
No one has touched the Spirit temple since you did you work on it :) So feel free to go at it!!
Umm plugin and emulator wise, not much has changed, though alot of it comes down to personal prefence. I prefer to use Project 64 2.1 and Rice Video (though must would choose Glide)

kildon

From what I remember even the Glide final release has a problem with missing green channel or something like that when the textures are compressed. I'm not to knowledgeable about Glide though so I could be completely wrong. Fairly sure the textures are all fine.

I'm having the same problem with certain textures looking like Dragon Quest Metal Slime, except its almost everything for sale in shops. Arrows, the liquid part of all potions (though the colored labels are right), bombs, masks. The other stuff that can go in bottles (Poe, fish, etc) are correct. This also occurs when gaining these items (i.e., holding over head when bomb bag expands, etc). The attached example is in the shop in Zora's Domain, but this is true for all shops.

Using Project64 1.6, Glide final. I've tried changing every setting in Glide except "Compress texture cache" -- if I uncheck that, Project64 crashes when I try to load OOT (I guess the uncompressed textures take up too much RAM for a 32-bit program, even with the Large Address Hack?).

Attachments

• zora's shop.jpg
    zora's shop.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 1,491
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hmmmm well almost 100% sure thats a problem with the caching. Only suggestion would be to use an older version of Glide or Rice Video.

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
Well, it is obvious that I bit of way more than I was expecting to chew. I figured I would go do some of the smaller surfaces that have been ignored. What I have discovered just by chance are objects used in multiple locations (ladders, fences, walls, signs) are stored in a different place than the location I am in and not in the "Common" area (which only contains the one face object? lol)... and I have no way of finding them to make changes.

I have tried ripping objects (which I have never done before) from an area so match up addresses, but my attempt at ripping was a colossal failure. How you guys managed to organize yourself to handle a large number of what has been dealt with is beyond me. I am still trying to find a specific wall sprite that I need to copy to a new address! :facepalm:

An error that to report has to do with buying objects that you put into a bottle. There are glitches in the bottle images when the text tells you what you bought, but the bottles sprites have their own issues with the same address in two locations each containing a different image.

Creating the graphics is one thing; dealing with the organization is the hard part.

guyjojoto2

what plugin i need? im using jabo 1.7 (pre installed on P64), don`t have problems with other game texture, but this one not run :/, some one can help, please?

thesourcehim

Please check the texture Areas/Kokiri Forest/THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#48AF15AF#3#0_rgb.png. Should be all, not rgb.
Hud/Inventory Menus/Menu-Map textures should not be black in the inner area since unvisited rooms outlines are also black and therefore invisible on that screen.
Language/English/Map/Dungeons - two textures contain text 'Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly', one of them should be 'Inside Deku Tree'.

/mnt/d/nintendo64/games/ocarina/share/mupen64plus/hires_texture/THE LEGEND OF ZELDA/Link Textures/Link Clothes/Child/
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#6F7D93CB#2#1#4BE39556_ciByRGBA.png and THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#6F7D93CB#2#1#ED607F34_ciByRGBA.png
are really bmp files, not PNGs, please convert them to proper png images.

Edit:
Also when you get a bottle of milk, the milk is black inside the bottle (see screenshot), but I could not find which texture is responsible for this, anyone knows?
Update: found it:
Areas/Sun Cave/THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#ACBC7AAC#4#1_all.png
This texture is used for milk!
Update: there are two textures with this ID, second one is Main Menu/Logo/Effects/THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#ACBC7AAC#4#1_rgb.png, which looks better on the milk
Update: turns out that texture is used for more than just a milk: bomb bags, magic beans, potion pots. Both variants of the texture paints all those objects black and white.
Update: cucco items (normal cucco, cojiro) are also painted whole white, but by a different texture.

Edit:
Texture Main Menu/Logo/Nintendo/THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#840EAC57#4#1_rgb.png causes problems with hylian shield/bomb/arrows models when they are displayed in the store. I'm not sure what is that texture for (mirror shield background?) but it completely obscures their native textures and they look like solid-metal junk. Perhaps the order in which this texture is applied is wrong, it should be under those items' native skins. Is there any way to change the order?
Update: problems with incorrect textures (all listed here: milk and ko, cuccos, shop items) are likely caused by a bug in glide64mk2, but it is not a compression problem, because it persists if compression is disabled.

Edit: Effects/Dirt Roll textures should be reduced to 256x256. 512x512 causes huge performance impact (GeForce GT740M, proprietary drivers), check dodongo's cavern moving pillars to see what I mean.

Attachments

• the_legend_of_zelda-000.png
    the_legend_of_zelda-000.png
    848.7 KB · Views: 1,053
Last edited:

scare_cro

Would anyone mind if I used these textures for a Quake III map I'm working on? I would appreciate it VERY much, and of course credit will be provided to all of you who have worked so hard on such a wonderful project. You can really see the difference it makes in the Quake engine when I used your Hi-Res texture. Here is a comparison (WARNING - rendered in Full Bright mode):

Original Textures:

Hi-Res Textures:

----------EDIT-----------

It won't let me post the screenshots. I guess I should lurk moar..

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Sadly I can not permit you to use any of the textures as it would go against the rights of the individual texture creators. You would have to seek permission from the individual artists which would be hard to do considering most of them are no longer active on these fourms. Also theres a few textures in this pack that I only technically have approval to use as placeholders, so its safer to give a blanket "no" answer.

scare_cro

Do you at least know who made what? If I can get permission for at least a few, that would be a huge help.

Specifically, I am working on Kokiri Forest.

Do you know who made the ground, weed, cliff, and fence textures?

-----EDIT-----

Here are some previews. It won't let me use coding, so replace the [_] with '.'

Original OoT Textures:
i289[_]photobucket[_]com/albums/ll202/brother_yas/QUAKE_ORIGINAL_zps51ab89fd[_]png

Hi-Res:
i289[_]photobucket[_]com/albums/ll202/brother_yas/QUAKE_HIRES_zps2c4819e6[_]png

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Do you at least know who made what? If I can get permission for at least a few, that would be a huge help.

Specifically, I am working on Kokiri Forest.

Do you know who made the ground, weed, cliff, and fence textures?

-----EDIT-----

Here are some previews. It won't let me use coding, so replace the [_] with '.'

Original OoT Textures:
i289[_]photobucket[_]com/albums/ll202/brother_yas/QUAKE_ORIGINAL_zps51ab89fd[_]png

Hi-Res:
i289[_]photobucket[_]com/albums/ll202/brother_yas/QUAKE_HIRES_zps2c4819e6[_]png[/QUOTE]

Fairly sure those textures were made by Mode7.

F

Fanatic 64

Keep in mind that if he doesn't reply (since he's been inactive for a long time), that's not an automatic permission to use the textures.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.