Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Would anyone mind if I used these textures for a Quake III map I'm working on? I would appreciate it VERY much, and of course credit will be provided to all of you who have worked so hard on such a wonderful project. You can really see the difference it makes in the Quake engine when I used your Hi-Res texture. Here is a comparison (WARNING - rendered in Full Bright mode):

Original Textures:

Hi-Res Textures:

----------EDIT-----------

It won't let me post the screenshots. I guess I should lurk moar..
    Last edited by scare_cro; November 13th, 2014 at 05:41.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sadly I can not permit you to use any of the textures as it would go against the rights of the individual texture creators. You would have to seek permission from the individual artists which would be hard to do considering most of them are no longer active on these fourms. Also theres a few textures in this pack that I only technically have approval to use as placeholders, so its safer to give a blanket "no" answer.
    If you appreciate some of the work I do, all donations are greatly appreciated

System Specs: CPU: AMD FX 8350 4.0ghz 8-core, RAM: 2 x 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3, GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280x OC, System Drive: 120gb Samsung Evo SSD

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do you at least know who made what? If I can get permission for at least a few, that would be a huge help.

Specifically, I am working on Kokiri Forest.

Do you know who made the ground, weed, cliff, and fence textures?

-----EDIT-----

Here are some previews. It won't let me use [IMG] coding, so replace the [_] with '.'

Original OoT Textures:
    i289[_]photobucket[_]com/albums/ll202/brother_yas/QUAKE_ORIGINAL_zps51ab89fd[_]png

Hi-Res:
    i289[_]photobucket[_]com/albums/ll202/brother_yas/QUAKE_HIRES_zps2c4819e6[_]png
    Last edited by scare_cro; November 14th, 2014 at 00:23.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scare_cro View Post
    Do you at least know who made what? If I can get permission for at least a few, that would be a huge help.

Specifically, I am working on Kokiri Forest.

Do you know who made the ground, weed, cliff, and fence textures?

-----EDIT-----

Here are some previews. It won't let me use [IMG] coding, so replace the [_] with '.'

Original OoT Textures:
    i289[_]photobucket[_]com/albums/ll202/brother_yas/QUAKE_ORIGINAL_zps51ab89fd[_]png

Hi-Res:
    i289[_]photobucket[_]com/albums/ll202/brother_yas/QUAKE_HIRES_zps2c4819e6[_]png
    Fairly sure those textures were made by Mode7.

System Specs: CPU: AMD FX 8350 4.0ghz 8-core, RAM: 2 x 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3, GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280x OC, System Drive: 120gb Samsung Evo SSD

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death--droid View Post
    Fairly sure those textures were made by Mode7.
    Thanks much!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Keep in mind that if he doesn't reply (since he's been inactive for a long time), that's not an automatic permission to use the textures.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know.

And from his profile, it looks like he gets on and posts about once a month.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Going to be uploading the latest version of the texture pack, will also open a new topic for it. There hasnt been a huge amount of additions but alot of fixes and a few places here and there that have now been improved or completed. Hopefully alos generate some more interest from artists again

EDIT: New pack released, move all chat to http://www.emutalk.net/threads/55307...ure-Project-V7

Last edited by death--droid; December 1st, 2014 at 01:59.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748