Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys, remember ChaosZeroX?
    That's my old handle when I use to contribute to this project years ago.
    I love that this project is still active and the download still working!
    I might try to finish the Spirit Temple I worked on, and improve some of the textures, which I see now, some weren't all that fabulous.
    Sadly I don't think I have any of my source work(PSDs), but I have gotten better since then and think I can produce better textures.

Has anyone done anything on the Spirit temple since I last worked on it? I don't want to work on something someone else already is.
    Also what emulator(and version) and video plugin(and version) are best now?
    Last edited by ChaosAnimeX; September 28th, 2014 at 03:20.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbringer616 View Post
    This reminds me, I've been having issues with shop item textures. When i go into the shop, All the items are a silver metal, Or i guess look like that. Using PJ64 2.1, Glide final (not the one that came with PJ64) if thats any help.
    I've been plagued by it for a while, But too lazy to post haha.

As for a release, I'd say if it has any major texture bug fixes, Or the pack is cleaned up a lot, do a small release (v6.1?) May just generate enough attention to pull some more artists in ya know? Plus since there are duped files in the archive it may fix some bugs people may be having.
    From what I remember even the Glide final release has a problem with missing green channel or something like that when the textures are compressed. I'm not to knowledgeable about Glide though so I could be completely wrong. Fairly sure the textures are all fine.
    Hmmmm been thinking of doing a release soon, going to do some more texture work today and see how much i actually get through.

Quote Originally Posted by EmuNoviceUser View Post
    So what should I do if I find any particular texture bugs (for example, I had an issue with a shadow texture not lining up with the item texture in a dialog box) since I do not have the most recent release? Or if I find any textures that have not been touched that I change since the project has slowed down so greatly? Send a PM to you, death--droid?

(I say this not even knowing how I can find the addresses for textures that have not been fixed yet. Ignorance is not always bliss.)
    Just report it on here, always helpful to take a screenshot of the texture at fault, should be fairly easy to trace back what it actually is since the files are all orderd. But yeah its best just to post everything here rather than PMing me, I tend to not read my PM's very often.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosAnimeX View Post
    Hey guys, remember ChaosZeroX?
    That's my old handle when I use to contribute to this project years ago.
    I love that this project is still active and the download still working!
    I might try to finish the Spirit Temple I worked on, and improve some of the textures, which I see now, some weren't all that fabulous.
    Sadly I don't think I have any of my source work(PSDs), but I have gotten better since then and think I can produce better textures.

Has anyone done anything on the Spirit temple since I last worked on it? I don't want to work on something someone else already is.
    Also what emulator(and version) and video plugin(and version) are best now?
    Wow glad to see you back around man!! Been a short supply of artists lately which sucks :\
    No one has touched the Spirit temple since you did you work on it So feel free to go at it!!
    Umm plugin and emulator wise, not much has changed, though alot of it comes down to personal prefence. I prefer to use Project 64 2.1 and Rice Video (though must would choose Glide)
    If you appreciate some of the work I do, all donations are greatly appreciated

System Specs: CPU: AMD FX 8350 4.0ghz 8-core, RAM: 2 x 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3, GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280x OC, System Drive: 120gb Samsung Evo SSD

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death--droid View Post
    From what I remember even the Glide final release has a problem with missing green channel or something like that when the textures are compressed. I'm not to knowledgeable about Glide though so I could be completely wrong. Fairly sure the textures are all fine.
    I'm having the same problem with certain textures looking like Dragon Quest Metal Slime, except its almost everything for sale in shops. Arrows, the liquid part of all potions (though the colored labels are right), bombs, masks. The other stuff that can go in bottles (Poe, fish, etc) are correct. This also occurs when gaining these items (i.e., holding over head when bomb bag expands, etc). The attached example is in the shop in Zora's Domain, but this is true for all shops.

Using Project64 1.6, Glide final. I've tried changing every setting in Glide except "Compress texture cache" -- if I uncheck that, Project64 crashes when I try to load OOT (I guess the uncompressed textures take up too much RAM for a 32-bit program, even with the Large Address Hack?).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah i just tried with mine, uncompressed crashes, compressed works fine. Shame there isn't a 64-bit emu :/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hmmmm well almost 100% sure thats a problem with the caching. Only suggestion would be to use an older version of Glide or Rice Video.
    If you appreciate some of the work I do, all donations are greatly appreciated

System Specs: CPU: AMD FX 8350 4.0ghz 8-core, RAM: 2 x 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3, GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280x OC, System Drive: 120gb Samsung Evo SSD

Just Having Fun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, it is obvious that I bit of way more than I was expecting to chew. I figured I would go do some of the smaller surfaces that have been ignored. What I have discovered just by chance are objects used in multiple locations (ladders, fences, walls, signs) are stored in a different place than the location I am in and not in the "Common" area (which only contains the one face object? lol)... and I have no way of finding them to make changes.

I have tried ripping objects (which I have never done before) from an area so match up addresses, but my attempt at ripping was a colossal failure. How you guys managed to organize yourself to handle a large number of what has been dealt with is beyond me. I am still trying to find a specific wall sprite that I need to copy to a new address!

An error that to report has to do with buying objects that you put into a bottle. There are glitches in the bottle images when the text tells you what you bought, but the bottles sprites have their own issues with the same address in two locations each containing a different image.

Creating the graphics is one thing; dealing with the organization is the hard part.
    When emulation is not enough, walk outside. I've been told it's a very interesting game out there.

• Advertising

advertising
      EmuTalk.net
      has no influence
      on the ads that
      are displayed

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647