What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V6 Development Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Some work in progress, thoughts are greatly appreciated, I took my own artistic choice to make the tiles/bricks darker, seems like a much more fitting thing. Also ignore the giant red numbers XD
BEFORE
THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_6.png

AFTER
THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_8.png

Last edited:

tng333

Im having problems running this texture pack.
I have project64 1.6 and 1.7 and both have the same results.

When I play it stutter a little bit because the framerate vi just drop suddenly. At most times it is on 60 fps. This only happens with rice 6.14, in 6.13 it works perfectly but it is not as beautiful as rice 6.14. I'm using default settings on everything except to load hi-res textures.

So I was wondering if there is an alternative plugin that I can use that give equilivant results as rice 6.14. My computer specs are below, please let me know or I'll just use shadow7 texture/rice 6.13. Thanks.

i7-3610qm
8GB RAM
640GB HDD
Nvidia 640m LE

Thanks.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Im guessing the stuttering is occurring in the hyrule plains??, if thats the only place it occurs then you will for the time being have to use a plugin like Glide64 (Till i fix the lack of a proper cache with Rice)
If you dont want to use glide64 then for now please use my latest version of Rice Video http://www.emutalk.net/threads/54166-Rice-Video-Community-version?p=447289 , 6.14 and 6.13 are rather damn old now and are missing some critical fixes done by microdev, mudlord and others and some improvements by me

F

Fanatic 64

The image you posted looks nice, gives the area a fitting atmosphere (trough for some reason I couldn't see the embedded image, I had to look at the page's source and copy the image address to the address bar :p).

Good to see some progress on this, I have I and like it a lot!

OP
death--droid

death--droid

As soon as i posted that image beforehand, I ended up redoing those textures i did on the ground, thinking of setting the date for this pack to be completely and utterly completed as September the 18th, its 5 year anniversary since the projects start

Heres a before and after with more textures I've redone including the ground again
THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_15.jpg

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Thanks :), ive pretty much done all of outside gannons tower so im moving onto the shadow temple now. (Only thing i havent done outside gannons tower is the sky which me and NES are having troubles with)

tng333

The rice version 0.1.3 works for zelda but it looks less sharp than 6.1.4. Also, when I walk into a wall it starts to glitch like the wall would shift.

With glide64 I can't get pass the cpp exception caught error. I'm using the final_glide version.

Also, would the rice plugin work better with another emulator other than pj64 1.6 or 1.7? If so which one?

BM Panda

Hello, I found out about this wonderful thing and had to try it! However, I'm having some problems getting it to work. After Project64 loads the textures, the bloody thing just crashes! I used the instructions presented at lan party guide.

F

Fanatic 64

Hello, I found out about this wonderful thing and had to try it! However, I'm having some problems getting it to work. After Project64 loads the textures, the bloody thing just crashes! I used the instructions presented at lan party guide.

1. Which emulator are you using?
2. Which plugins are you using?
3. Which message error appears when it crashes?
4. ...Could you link to that "lan party guide"?

BM Panda

1. Project 64 1.6
2. Mudlord's Rice Video Build 6.1.4 (I have an option for 6.1.3 apparently, have the same problems there though.)
3. I just get the whole "Project64.exe has stopped working" crap.
4. Naturally I tried in my first post, but the site wouldn't let me. http www lanpartyguide com zelda pj64 html is not a url though.

F

Fanatic 64

1. Project 64 1.6
2. Mudlord's Rice Video Build 6.1.4 (I have an option for 6.1.3 apparently, have the same problems there though.)
3. I just get the whole "Project64.exe has stopped working" crap.
4. Naturally I tried in my first post, but the site wouldn't let me. http www lanpartyguide com zelda pj64 html is not a url though.

http://www.lanpartyguide.com/zelda/pj64.html

1. Mudlord's Rice Video 6.1.4 is extremely old. Try downloading this plugin.
2. Try applying this patch to Project64.exe.
3. If you could tell me what appears under View problem details (particularly the Fault Module Name field) on the Project64.exe has stopped working window, it could be useful.

F

Fanatic 64

Kann man dieses Texturepack auch für die GC-Version benutzen?

Google Translate:
"Can you use this Texturepack for the GC version?"

Yes, but it will be missing some textures.
Google übersetzen:
"Ja, aber es wird fehlen einige Texturen."

And please, the next time try to speak in English (or at least use Google Translate).

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
droid here are the twins house wall textures as requested.

edit: know it all bros
edit: Link's house
edit: Mido's house
edit: Sarias House
edit: store!

:D

Attachments

• twins house.7z
    7 MB · Views: 462
  • know it all bros.7z
    9.9 MB · Views: 121
  • links house.7z
    11.5 MB · Views: 490
  • Midos.7z
    3 MB · Views: 259
  • Sarias House.7z
    8 MB · Views: 456
  • store.7z
    2.3 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:

turpinator

Piledriver Program Advance!
So now that I finally bothered to remember (darn my terrible memory) and I could re-find this place, how goes the project?

F

Fanatic 64

So now that I finally bothered to remember (darn my terrible memory) and I could re-find this place, how goes the project?
Not so much progress has been done since the last year, trough some work has recently being made (like the post above yours and in the last page).

turpinator

Piledriver Program Advance!
Kewl, might come back to this and try my hand at making my contribution shinier. Maybe throw in some textures too, as I have gotten better at stuff like this in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.