What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V6 Development Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickelbawker

I can release a youtube version of what I got if he wants... its DjipiFinal2009 mixed with this plus some from the UI pack as well. If he needs it for gameplay that is.

WHATS GOING ON WITH MY COMPUTER. Put the texture folders on the desktop nothing in project 64 yet it still finds all of my textures!? WIERD!

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

xD Djipi's pack and this pack really should not mix, they both have completely different design goals. Djipi's aim was to create a cell shaded version of OOT, our packs aim is to purely re-create the original textures in a higher resolution and re-imagining them if we feel that our version would give the area a more lively and well Zeldaish feel.
Djipi also doesn't want his packs mixed with anything else, which I can completely understand, its one of the main reasons he released his final version only as a GlideHQ cache file.

Though it would be interesting to see how the two actually combine seeing as I couldnt imagine it ending well at all >.<

That other issue sounds extremely weird o_O

Nickelbawker

It looks good man. Wind Waker effects with HD textures and just Hi-res all the way. Instead of smooth N64 old look, like areas are less detailed because of the cartoony pack but they're HD so it fits doesn't look out of place accept for the eyeball switched I'm trying to remove. It's a more unified modern zelda game feel even though there's 2 different art styles; Fable, Quake1DP + Zelda Wind Waker.

That sucks, guess I don't know where to find all of the final versions.

Mudlord's Rice Video 6.1.4 with PJ 1.6 and HleAudio_1.8.2u1.dll is what im using. Had issues with PJ 2.1.1 and older rice plugins.

rebuilding pj64 folder with completely new plugin folder >.< if this don't work this is really weird.
^This seems to have fixed it.

Fixed it but where are my save files now? Project 64 1.6...

Found my save files

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Project64\Saves\

and 900mb of textures in that folder as well there is my true problem.

Last edited:

flitski

WHATS GOING ON WITH MY COMPUTER. Put the texture folders on the desktop nothing in project 64 yet it still finds all of my textures!? WIERD!

i think that's probably because there's a .dat file in your cache. if it's already cached the textures it doesn't redo it

Nickelbawker

i think that's probably because there's a .dat file in your cache. if it's already cached the textures it doesn't redo it

If you look above you can see I solved it.

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Project64\plugin\

An older plugin I was no longer using put a texture folder in this folder.

Nickelbawker

Eyeball Switches fixed

I fixed some textures. These weren't working on the plugin that I use they were 24bit needed the alpha channel
They're 32bit now.

Created a Yellow set and a animated halfway closed eyeball as well. All from the original work on the 2 silver eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

Silver half one needs to be redone but it looks good enough to me on the geometry on my 1440x900 lcd. x.x. And you only see it if the screen animates when you shoot a arrow/rock into it.

I didn't really show the thickness on the edge of the eyelid kind of forgot / rush I still have the .XCF's if anyone wants it.

Attachments

• ZELDA MASTER QUEST#56B39092#0#2_all.png
    ZELDA MASTER QUEST#56B39092#0#2_all.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 779
  • ZELDA MASTER QUEST#7ACDF20A#0#2_all.png
    ZELDA MASTER QUEST#7ACDF20A#0#2_all.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 779
  • ZELDA MASTER QUEST#293FBF07#0#2_all.png
    ZELDA MASTER QUEST#293FBF07#0#2_all.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 777
  • ZELDA MASTER QUEST#6B82DEEE#0#2_rgb.png
    ZELDA MASTER QUEST#6B82DEEE#0#2_rgb.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 785
  • ZELDA MASTER QUEST#A1C3FA16#0#2_rgb.png
    ZELDA MASTER QUEST#A1C3FA16#0#2_rgb.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 775
  • ZELDA MASTER QUEST#EB588F53#0#2_rgb.png
    ZELDA MASTER QUEST#EB588F53#0#2_rgb.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 781
Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Ooooooooh thanks for that, though isn't there already a halfway closed eye texture?
can someone do me a big favour and get me a quick save for OOT at the start of the water temple (With it completely done so i can go room to room no issues) Thinking of giving that a workover

Last edited:

dojo

Hi.
I'd like to learn and collaborate on this.
But could anyone re-upload the "Ocarina of Time retexturing development kit" files?
Thanks!

F

Fanatic 64

All MediaFire links have been removed due to copyright infringement. The Bricks'n'Tiles site seems to have been entirely replaced, and Imagesynth costs over a thousand dollars.

dojo

Thought the base and reference textures were community made.
Could you refer me to the name of the source/company that made them?

F

Fanatic 64

They were community made. Nintendo removes all content related to emulation even if it does not directly infringe their copyright.

Nickelbawker

shrug who knows :unsure: looked like what they wanted was 6.7 pack.

Ooooooooh thanks for that, though isn't there already a halfway closed eye texture?
can someone do me a big favour and get me a quick save for OOT at the start of the water temple (With it completely done so i can go room to room no issues) Thinking of giving that a workover
Not in 6.7z... Dijipi had one but his texture didn't look great for that particular piece, I like his other stuff though.

Last edited:

Jwoyal

Great King of Evil
Hi I've tried almost everything I could find on the internet but I can't get it right. Whether I use Project 64 or 1964, the emulator crashes upon loading all the textures. Can someone send me just the cache files, as I can run Djipi's cell shaded pack just fine since it is just two cache files.

EDIT: Upon further research I found there are conflicts when using a 32 bit system. that's probably my issue.

Last edited:

miseryguts

Hi I've tried almost everything I could find on the internet but I can't get it right. Whether I use Project 64 or 1964, the emulator crashes upon loading all the textures. Can someone send me just the cache files, as I can run Djipi's cell shaded pack just fine since it is just two cache files.

EDIT: Upon further research I found there are conflicts when using a 32 bit system. that's probably my issue.

Crashes for me also & I'm using 64 bit

Jwoyal

Great King of Evil

Any update on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.