What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V6 Development Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fanatic 64

Yeah, just like Project64 and Rice Video.

It may or may not come out of it's comma.

stigzler

Hi folks. Firstly, cudos to those who created this - it's great

Having problem with interiors, though. From some posts looks like interior backdrops should also be in hi-res (e.g. castle square or happy mask shop) but mine are displaying in lo-res :(

zelda2.png

zelda3.png

Using Glide64 and Project 64

Any suggestions?

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
The only shops of the market that may be retextured are Bazaar, Bombchu, and Potion shop.
This information is only verified by looking at the archives as I have not played this game.
\THE LEGEND OF ZELDA\Areas\Hyrule\Hyrule Market\
So unless the files are elsewhere they don't exist.

mendus

Hi folks. Firstly, cudos to those who created this - it's great

Having problem with interiors, though. From some posts looks like interior backdrops should also be in hi-res (e.g. castle square or happy mask shop) but mine are displaying in lo-res :(

Using Glide64 and Project 64

Any suggestions?

I believe glide has some problems with background 2D textures (those areas where you cant change the camera angle use them). I have been unable to dump or load them using glide.

On the other hand, the pack is incomplete. The happy mask shop or the market place have not been retextured.

You can use ricevideo if you want to load the background textures too. However, it has other graphical glitches that glide does not, so it its your choice to decide which ones bother you less.

There are not many backgrounds that have been already retextured. You can check the original post to see what is still to be retextured.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

I really must actually start spending more time on this project again :\ Sad to see it all just gathering dust.

BTW 90% of the static backgrounds have not been re-textured, there was some work being done on it but sadly it never saw the light of day

cnwinger

hello,

i'm not sure if this is a common problem or not:

i followed the guide posted at the lanpartyguide site

textures load up on startup, but nothing other than the textures is visible - no Link, no other characters, no HUD buttons, etc.

any idea what I might have done wrong?

thanks...

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
The one that you missed is the one that we need.
What are your Currant Game Settings?
Can you also upload a screen-shot of the issue?

Last edited:

Saltbutter

Hey, guys. This mod is fantastic! I struggled a bit to get it working, but thanks to the 4GB patcher, it worked... at first.

Which brings me to two questions. First, I noticed these glaring lines when I did my first run of the game. imgur /1QZc7g1.jpg (Can't post this in regular URL :( ) They're really annoying and I wasn't sure if they were intentional.

Second, once I close out P64 and the settings are cached, the game doesn't run properly anymore. The intro has garbled/mixed textures and stuff generally much worse in the game. Any idea why this is happening?

On top of that, for some reason P64 can't seem to remember my controller settings. I would normally say that's p64 related, but it seems to only happen with this mod. I was running the cell-shaded mod and it ran just fine.

Any help is appreciated. :)

keyofdarkness55

salt butter. that is probably because you are using project 64 version 2.0 or 2.1 i would recommend 1.6. or its because you're using rice in which case i would recommend glide 64

Nickelbawker

Made an account to post this.

I've read somewhere that using 2 of the same file can cause issues. Pulled all of the files out of the folders and many of them have the same name, I believe that is what is wrong here. Everything is invisible on the intro Ganondorf, Zelda on her horse ect. Really annoying. The texture pack is loaded but not working attempting to fix it. We should have some kind of installer that un-organizes the textures into one big folder to solve problems with language support maybe because the way it is now is really just not working. And just keep them organized on the development end of things.

Okay THIS^ was definitely an issue on my system. Working fine after removing the files in a separate folder using the same name. Now to go through and pick my favorites :p.

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

[MENTION=110957]Saltbutter[/MENTION] that is rather odd, never accounted a problem like that with any emulator I've used or Rice Video (even more dodgy newer builds).
[MENTION=111096]Nickelbawker[/MENTION], a lot of those duplicates were solved but never uploaded in a new version, I wanted to do more work before I released a new version but never got around to it :\ At the moment the project is really geared more towards people who want to help develop new textures for it or improve texturing ones with quick and easy ways to find certain areas etc. etc.

Nickelbawker

That probably wasn't the only issue going on. Got a newer plugin now and made 2 different texture packs that are meant for gameplay not development they both have around 8498 png.

I do have an issue with that though they're both for my masterquest. When I try to just rename the folder and even remove the old folder out my texture pack doesn't switch some how it still loads the texture pack folder that I used second and it's stuck on that one.

F

Fanatic 64

a lot of those duplicates were solved but never uploaded in a new version, I wanted to do more work before I released a new version but never got around to it :\
Any chance of having the fixed version anytime soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.