What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V6 Development Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fanatic 64

It would be easier just to rename the textures, change THE LEGEND OF ZELDA for ZELDA MASTER QUEST.
Renaming the header would be easier than manually renaming all the 4000+ textures on the pack one-by-one. But he already did that, so there is no point on keep arguing.

Lylat1an

Renaming the header would be easier than manually renaming all the 4000+ textures on the pack one-by-one. But he already did that, so there is no point on keep arguing.

I couldn't get the renamer program working on my comp, so I used a lightweight batch renamer instead.

If you could link to a hex editor that will correctly display the backed up code, that would be immensely helpful as an alternative to the next person who wants to play Master Quest, but I was unable to find one.

Last edited:

Lylat1an

Sorry to bother you all again, but I'd like some advice on fixing an audio delay. (I know it's probably plugin related but I can't rule out that it might be the textures)

My goal is to play fullscreen without the audio sounding like a dusty record. Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 2 hasn't shown any problems that I've been able to notice up to Goron City, except that it lags by a fraction of a second. (Which I only really notice when first starting the game and playing a song on the ocarina)

My other plugins are Glide64 'Napalm WX' WIP (May 7th, 2011) and NRage Input V2 2.3c (Set for xinput)

I can provide other settings if needed.

Last edited:

nicktonyc

Does anyone know where I can get the compressed .dat file for this texture pack? I'm running PJ64 with Glide64 Napalm WX through a wineskin wrapper on a Mac. Despite popular opinion, I've managed to get hi-res texture packs working but only the .dat files downloadable in some other threads (like djipi's). Please and Thank you!

esteloco

Hi! so i get this message everytime i try to open ocarina of time with the retexture package, im using p64 2.1 and the glide plugin and it happens everytime it reaches 400mb on the loading textures screen.

CN64System::EmulationStarting: Exception caught
File: .\N64 System\N64 Class.cpp
Line: 258

What do i do to solve that? when i open it without the texturepack it works fine.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Does anyone know where I can get the compressed .dat file for this texture pack? I'm running PJ64 with Glide64 Napalm WX through a wineskin wrapper on a Mac. Despite popular opinion, I've managed to get hi-res texture packs working but only the .dat files downloadable in some other threads (like djipi's). Please and Thank you!
This pack has not yet been released on the .DAT format as this project is a Work In Progress and Dat's are not easy to edit?

Hi! so i get this message everytime i try to open ocarina of time with the retexture package, im using p64 2.1 and the glide plugin and it happens everytime it reaches 400mb on the loading textures screen.

CN64System::EmulationStarting: Exception caught
File: .\N64 System\N64 Class.cpp
Line: 258

What do i do to solve that? when i open it without the texturepack it works fine.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

How much ram do you have in your PC?

etking

As far as I know, the .dat files are created automatically by running the pack on a PC that is capable of creating it without crashing. (enhancement = store, texture cache = 300MB)

Maybe some users can upload them but the settings on the Glide textures page need to be exactly the same in order to run the game without recreating the texture cache. To prevent the game from crashing, the options 'compress texture cache' and 'apply (highres) texture compression' are recommended.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
8gb, i dont think that could be the problem

This package cannot be loaded without large address aware patching the emulator, and enabling pack compression.

an uncompressed package exceeds the 4GB address space that large addressing provides a 32bit application on a 64bit operating system.

Nokaru

Hey Guys i did allright with the texture-pack and also "apply (highres) texture compression" but still get a "blue Link?"

Hope Someone can help me to fix this problem, I think the Emulator didnt load all textures: (I use Pj64 2.1)
Screenshot --> h ttp://s1.directupload.net/images/130728/64smncre.png

greets
Nokaru

Xmayne

Hey, all. Great texture pack. I really respect the work that's been put into it. I absolutely love the inventory retextures. Really nice and crisp looking. Just a few things I was wondering:

Is there a way I could have the hearts on the HUD become completely transparent when I lose health? I'm not a big fan of the slight red transparency. It makes it more difficult to tell my current HP at a glance. I'd rather have it be more like the original game, but with the nice looking HD texture.

Also, is the image below the gray item issue that was mentioned earlier? If that's the case, then guess I should just use an earlier version of Glide64 as suggested. Are there any disadvantages to using an earlier version or should I just go for it?

Attachments

• oot_grayitem.jpg
    oot_grayitem.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 777

Ecion

love this pack, well done guys.

one problem though; the lense of truth doesnt seem to work. any suggestions? (core i3, 4gb ram, nvidia geforce 630 - rice video 0.2 community)

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Is there a way I could have the hearts on the HUD become completely transparent when I lose health? I'm not a big fan of the slight red transparency. It makes it more difficult to tell my current HP at a glance. I'd rather have it be more like the original game, but with the nice looking HD texture.
[/quote
Yes, you just have to manually edit the texture files.

Also, is the image below the gray item issue that was mentioned earlier? If that's the case, then guess I should just use an earlier version of Glide64 as suggested. Are there any disadvantages to using an earlier version or should I just go for it?
From what I've heard, and from the looks of it. Then yes you will need to use an earlier version of Glide64 as for some odd reason newer versions have issues durring compression.

love this pack, well done guys.

one problem though; the lense of truth doesnt seem to work. any suggestions? (core i3, 4gb ram, nvidia geforce 630 - rice video 0.2 community)
Glad to hear!
Sadly at the moment Rice Video does not properly support the lense of truth, the only solution for now would be to use Glide64.

M

MeagerToots

So... the latest Glide64 is broken, but going too far back results in color issues.
What is the recommended video plugin and version? If it's Glide64, is there any way to enable framebuffer emulation to remove pause lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.