What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V6 Development Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
i'm having some weird graphical glitches, such as this one.

I'm using p64 1.6 with glade64 final, i'm also using the 4gb patch with windows 7 x64 bits. Any idea why this could be happening? Sorry for being so vague.

My glide64 is configured as the following (if it's any help).

:whistling

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Only thing off the top of my head is that poke fan broke something

Try normal Glidehq or Rice.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

F

Fanatic 64

Only thing off the top of my head is that poke fan broke something

Try normal Glidehq or Rice.

He is not using MyGlide64 (see the screenshoot, he was talking about his Glide64 setup).

And sadly, I can actually replicate the issue. Haven't used this pack for a while :/ I tried messing with some settings and the result is the same.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Whooops misread my glide as myglide urghk to tired to read properly

ShizukaSM

Try checking "apply texture compression" or delete some textures.

I did test "apply texture compression" already, no success also. But... deleting textures? You mean, I should just try and delete some random things? Well, I'm going to give it a try.

Edit: Well, I deleted so far 100 mb worth of data and no difference so far. Honestly, if I have to delete more than 100 mb to make this work... well, it may not be worth it, to be honest.

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Deleting textures shouldn't/wouldn't fix the problem that your having.
The problem would be for some odd reason glide isn't generating the same CRC. Try using rice, if the textures still don't show properly on the menu then its something with the ROM your using so message me what version of the ROM your using.

Markeerouz

Maybe your computer is running out of memory and can't load all the textures. this pack is very big.
I had the same problem and solved it deleting the heaviest textures or resizing them.
Delete duplicate textures too.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
He is not using MyGlide64 (see the screenshoot, he was talking about his Glide64 setup).

And sadly, I can actually replicate the issue. Haven't used this pack for a while :/ I tried messing with some settings and the result is the same.

what rom are you using?

where are the textures not loading at.

screenshots!

ShizukaSM

Deleting textures shouldn't/wouldn't fix the problem that your having.
The problem would be for some odd reason glide isn't generating the same CRC. Try using rice, if the textures still don't show properly on the menu then its something with the ROM your using so message me what version of the ROM your using.

Hah! That worked perfectly actually, thanks! :D

Maybe your computer is running out of memory and can't load all the textures. this pack is very big.
I had the same problem and solved it deleting the heaviest textures or resizing them.
Delete duplicate textures too.

I highly doubt it was memory, not only it was 8 GB of memory but it is highly unlikely that I would run out of memory in the first 15 seconds of gameplay.

Markeerouz

Is Rice video better than Glide? i wanted to use Rice but it always freezes when exiting fullscreen and the pause menu is messed up.
But there are some textures that loadn in Rice but not in Glide; like the portal that apears after defeating the boss.

F

Fanatic 64

what rom are you using?

where are the textures not loading at.

screenshots!
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2) [!]

Problem looks just like ShizukaSM's. Random textures not appearing everywhere. It also seems to fix with Rice Video.

squall_leonhart

Screenshot the area in question
i have the same rom and have no issues

any such issues are caused by the emulator hitting the addressing limit and texture loading being stunted (and corrupting the cache).

With a texture pack this size, Texture Compression is no longer an option, it is a must.

F

Fanatic 64

Screenshot the area in question
i have the same rom and have no issues

any such issues are caused by the emulator hitting the addressing limit and texture loading being stunted (and corrupting the cache).

With a texture pack this size, Texture Compression is no longer an option, it is a must.
The whole game is affected.

I have checked all texture compression and patched Project64.exe with Large Address Aware, and while texture quality noticeably decreases, there are still missing textures (the plugin loads around 3000 textures before starting).

squall_leonhart

it should load around 3579

and quit with the "The whole game is affected" nonsense, screenshot the area's so they can be checked.....

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

it should load around 3579

and quit with the "The whole game is affected" nonsense, screenshot the area's so they can be checked.....
It loads around that, I'll check.

And if you want, I'll screenshot the affected area(s), just be aware that it will take me around 2 weeks while I play trough the entire game.

Status
Not open for further replies.