What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V6 Development Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fanatic 64

Can anyone tell me why we can't retexture Hyrule Market?

Because it is a prerendered background, aka. they aren't basic textures on a 3D model, but a whole scene that has to be recreated, and that is not something easy to do (I thing they are trying to do it now, trough).

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
It is doable on both Rice and Glide

however both handle large backgrounds differently, with glide64 requiring the background to be split down into tiles - there is a special version of glide64 ("Glide64_EasyBg.dll") to load the rice video version and split it into the supported tiles

The hyrule item vendor has a high res replacement background, that i have split and uploaded Glide64 compatible tiles earlier in the thread.

Altureus

Death Droid can you reupload the latest version of the texture pack, that would be greatly appreciated. You guys are doing amazing work keep it up. :)

dbzken

Someone needs to reupload the texture examples from n64 redux, if you will.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see the Hyrule panaramic textures. Will you repost?

Last edited:

Inimitable

How outdated is the "currently completed/partially completed areas" list in the first post? I threw the information that's in it now into a Google Doc so it's easy to read and edit (here, view-only for now). I'd like to see this project completed, and I may contribute myself in the future, but I'd like to help organize a bit and catch up first.

An up-to-date resource that lets artists know what they can start working on and what's in progress or done is essential at this point; I think using a Google Doc shared among artists would be beneficial for everyone. Using different pages on the doc could also allow us to create a texture list for each area with file names if someone's up to that obnoxious task.

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Looking over that list its fairly correct on all notes.
Except Fire Temple should be completed and Spirit temple should be completed as well im fairly sure (need to make time to go through them again)

Inimitable

Sounds good. If you want to PM me your Google account, I can add you for edit permissions so you can fix anything else that's wrong (and update as needed).

I added separate pages for each area so additional detail can be added as well.

Edit: new shared folder for all documents. I figure it's best to have a single database artists can consult when updating without having to prune through this whole thread, and at this point I suppose anyone who's contributed can have edit rights.

Last edited:

naxtor

I registered for help because I'm desperate. Every time I try to load the textures get error. With the 1.6 simply disappears, and with 1.7 get this:

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/errornr.jpg/

I tried to patch the Project64 with 4gb_path, but is useless. I use Glide64 Napalm Public Release 1.22. Please help!

DETOMINE

I registered for help because I'm desperate. Every time I try to load the textures get error. With the 1.6 simply disappears, and with 1.7 get this:
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/errornr.jpg/
I tried to patch the Project64 with 4gb_path, but is useless. I use Glide64 Napalm Public Release 1.22. Please help!
1) Why are you using PJ64 1.7? Latest version is 2.0.0.12.
2) Why are you using Glide64 Napalm Public Release 1.22? Latest version is Glide Final (well technically the version shipped with mupen64plus is more recent).

So :
-use PJ64 1.6 with Glide Final
-don't use PJ64 1.7, use the latest version with default plugins or Glide64 final

Status
Not open for further replies.