What's new

gpuDXLegacy plugin doesn't work!

ugoredeljudo

Hi, I'm new in this forum!

I've downloaded last version of demul (0.5.5) but I've problems with gpuDXLegacy.dll video plugin. Infact, in configuration panel isn't possible to select this plugin!
so, I've tried to modify the demul.ini file and I wrote:

[plugins]
gpu=gpuDXLegacy.dll

but when I try to config this plugin in the emulator a pop up says "unable to load gpuDXLegacy.dll".

Why????? Please, help me!!!!

Sorry for my english!

Is there a good reason why you want to use the gpuDXLegasy plugin?

legacy its way more faster than the normal dx plugin and the opengl and dont needs pixel shader 2.0 or 3.0 like the other ones.
btw you cant select it cause you didnt enable it in the readme file.

go to demul.ini, in the [plugins] section where it says gpu= put gpuDXLegacy.dll.
tell us the results

OP
U

ugoredeljudo

@Agozer: I must use gpuDXLegacy plugin because I have an old Intel video card!

@Karadaniano: I've already tried it (read above)! but unfortunately didn't happen nothing! it says "unable to load gpuDXLegacy.dll"

What can I try?

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
IIRC, you can choose the legacy plugin in older versions of Demul. I don't know why the latest version doesn't offer that choice.

P.S. If you have an Intel chip, I have a feeling that even the legacy plugin. Well, I may be wrong, chalk it up to my complete lack of faith in any graphics chip Intel is responsible for.

Last edited:
OP
U

ugoredeljudo

I've tried an older version of Demul (0.4.8), but also in this version I can't select gpuDXLegacy plugin (and nothing change if I modify demul.ini).

Which version supports gpuDXLegacy plugin?

Agozer

For both the gpuDXLegacy and gpuDXv3 plugins to be usable and thus be selectable in the plugin list, you have to either have the latest DirectX package installed or d3dx9_24.dll file present in either the Demul directory or in Windows/System32 directory.

Since both are DirectX plugins, they need DirectX to be up to date. Why I didn't realize this sooner is beyond me.

Last edited:
OP
U

ugoredeljudo

Yeah, you was right Agozer! there was a file missing (d3dx9_42.dll)!.

Now I can select gpuDXLegacy plugin! but...Demul starts, sound is perfect but video is totally wrong, so is unplayable :( Evidently my notebook is too old (celeron M 1.6 GHz, 1GB ram, intel video card with 128 MB shared).

I hope next release of demul will fix this problem with old video cards!

Anyway, thanks!

Agozer

Yeah, I suspected as much. Most Intel's graphics chips lack the required features that all Dreamcast emulators use for graphics emulation. The only exceptions are the very latest models. Maybe.