What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

bluedart's Hi-Res Majora's Mask

UnitDC

No, the ROM does not play at all. I unzipped the 001 file to the directory you told me to unzip it at.

delete all of the 7zips now 001 has been extracted you have what you need.

What exactly was I supposed to do with ALL 10 parts in the first place? I think that might be where I'm getting very confused at. I can't extract every single one of them because when I try, it says the archive is corrupt or foreign or something like that. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with each of those parts.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
the 9 unused parts are archive read files that work with the 001 file the pic that you posted shows that you have extracted the file correctly.

have you extracted the rom from the rom archive?

use 1964viideo rev94 to load this pack

Last edited:

UnitDC

Like I said, I'm emulator-challenged so I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about haha, I really am sorry for that. If you end up having time sometime to go over all of this step-by-step that would be the best thing that you could do. I am appreciative of you trying to help though.

I don't know where I would extract a "rom from the rom archive" at. All I can think of is in the directory where you told me to extract the 001 file, whenever I try to extract the ZIP archive, I simply get a message saying "Can not open blahblahblah as archive" and then I am stuck.

Falkentavio

It looks very nice, great job bluedart :)
But for me a few textures and letters are missing. I am from germany, so there are the menu title textures in the old style, as well as the the texts for the items and locations in the map. The texts for the first, second and final day are in the old style, too. Special characters are missed too, ä ö ü ß. The comma is in the old style as well.
I would like to help re-texturing the missing pictures for the german language. I can dump them, arrange them in the correct foldertree and send a package to you, if you want to re-texture them for a next version of you amazing project.

.Hog

Okay, everyone. I have had success with these textures. Here is what I did:

1. Download all files (.001 to .010) to the same folder
2. I used HJ split to combine them all into one .rar file and extracted it. (I believe 7-Zip combines and extracts in one command)
3. Put the files in $/plugin/hires_textures/ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK
4. I used the latest version of 1964 UltraFast
5. I used the latest version of Glide64 Napalm WX (Use the settings described in the first post)
6. Voila, textures all load and plays perfectly

This is just a possible solution to some people's problems. For some reason, Project64 would crash while loading the textures.

DmxDex

How do i install these textures?

Edit:

Does no one help in these threads.

Last edited by a moderator:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Please don't bump your own post to ask for help a second time.

Okay, everyone. I have had success with these textures. Here is what I did:

1. Download all files (.001 to .010) to the same folder
2. I used HJ split to combine them all into one .rar file and extracted it. (I believe 7-Zip combines and extracts in one command)
3. Put the files in $/plugin/hires_textures/ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK
4. I used the latest version of 1964 UltraFast
5. I used the latest version of Glide64 Napalm WX (Use the settings described in the first post)
6. Voila, textures all load and plays perfectly

This is just a possible solution to some people's problems. For some reason, Project64 would crash while loading the textures.

Or
Let your fingers do the walking.

Last edited:

133794m3r

I don't know how the filenames are being used/generated, but I did just use advpng and the file size was able to be reduced by ~14.4MB. If you wanted me to, I could upload the new one to somehwere so that you can have less bandwith used when people download from your site, I tried the emutalk links but there's no password on the page, but anyway yeah. I was able to reduce the file size by a bit by using the program. It's not a lot, but I'm sure every bit helps. Also thanks to everyone who made this awesome texture pack.

Austinloury

Permission

Hey bluedart my names austin ive recently started on a little project on the zelda hires thing and it has some of your textures and i was wondering if it EVER got popular i can post a link so everyone could have the project if you could get back with me that would be great

Altureus

I don't know why but everytime I try to unzip using 7-zip I get an error message saying unsupported compression method. I thought maybe because the file is corrupt or something so I redownloaded again but it still gives me errors. If anyone has a qworking version of the texture pack I'd appreciate it, if it could be reuploaded or sent to me.

Shanen112

Download link is broken, I get sent to a page with a bunch of writing on it.

*Edit* Found a link. But unforunatly it wont let me post the link because "new posts are limited to the amount of url" or something. Anyways the link can be found on Page 8 of the forum by a member Named Kozary. (its a single download instead of the 10 on emulation64.com link that is posted further on the forums)

Last edited:

Shanen112

Download link works fine on my end.

Hm, Weird. After I click the adfly link, it takes me to a page full of random numbers and letters

But now I have a new problem arise, After I finally downloaded the texture pack, placed it in the correct folder, the textures just won't load. I see the "texture loading" screen, but it loads .4mb for half a second then it plays the normal textures. I know i'm doing it correctly because I have the OOT Community texture pack and it works perfectly every time. I have the textures in PJ64\Plugin\hires texture\ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK and same goes for THE LEGEND OF ZELDA. I can get Djipi's Cell Shaded .dat textures to load, although i really don't like the cell shaded look (ares are so bland). I really just want a normal hq texture pack of majora's mask so I would really appreciate any help I can get :)

**Edit** Here is a picture of the page I am seeing (wouldn't let me copy and paste the text) qfpost.com/file/d?g=FwhDZpfWj

Last edited: