What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

bluedart's Hi-Res Majora's Mask

bluedart

Hello everyone. Recently I have found myself working on re-texturing Majora's Mask. I love what Djipi has done so far but I was disappointed that most of the UI had been left out. So I set out to do a complete re-texture of the UI in Majora's Mask. I have mostly completed that, but I have gone a bit further as I found re-texturing to be rather interesting. Most of these textures I have made are original, and some are from other various texture packs. Texture packs such as Djipi's cel-shaded Ocarina of Time, as well as the Real Ocarina of Time project have ported or edited versions of their textures brought into this pack. I give credit to these authors as well as much thanks as I sometimes merely used Photoshop to port over their work when it comes to these specific textures. Either way I have spent a great deal of time on this texture pack as a whole and I thought it would be nice to share that hard work.

A HUGE thanks to the creator of HighresEaser as without it I would not have completed this project. I used this photoshop plugin literally hundreds of times.

Also thank you to many who contributed to the OoT community pack as some of those textures were ported to this pack.

UPDATE 1.0:
I've finished the pack now and the download link is available below. There are 5748 textures taking up about 407MB of disk space. As far as I know the game is nearly 100% retextured. This project took me several months of work and I was very thorough. I hope this pack makes the game more enjoyable for everyone. A great thank you goes out to Djipi and mdta for allowing the use of textures made by them in this pack. Below are screenshots from the completed pack.

Code:
https://web.archive.org/web/20110711050419/http://www.emutalk.net/threads/51244-bluedart-s-Hi-Res-Majora-s-Mask

Majora's Mask is best played with Glide64 Napalm WX release, it is the only plugin I have found that emulates every aspect of the game correctly. If any other plugin is used many textures will not load. Also it is imperative that you do NOT check the "alternative CRC calculation" option or a large chunk of textures will not load.

Update:
The settings for this game/texture pack have given many people grief, so below are screenshots of the settings I use. I have played the game several times through with these settings and can confirm that they provide the best overall Majora's Mask Hi-Res experience.
  Spoiler:

This last one is really the only one relevant to textures, but some of the other settings do have bearing on whether or not menus and the lens of truth function properly.

Enjoy the pack everyone!

V 1.0 download

https://emulationking.com/bluedarts-high-res-majoras-mask-retexture/ (High speed) (Requires winrar or 7zip to be extracted)

N64Textures.com Zip
N64Textures.com HTS

Old Stuff:
After I finished the UI I jumped right into the third dungeon, Great Bay Temple. I re-textured the entire temple including monsters and all the effects I could find, and this is pretty much where I left off. I felt that with a complete UI, and a bit more, I should upload what I have done thus far and let the good people at EmuTalk try out these new textures.

These are designed to work alongside Djipi's textures so these screenshots contain Djipi's work in them as well. The download contains only the textures I have worked on.

(Old screens removed)

Last edited by a moderator:

SavageHunter

Hrm, while the premise is good. I can't tell what your going for. Theres parts that cel-shaded and parts that are really realistic and detailed. If you mix two different styles then the game ends up looking really strange. Just my two cents. Chances are some people will re-do Majora's Mask from scratch, without Djipi's stuff. Thats probably the best way to do it.

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Its generally polite to ask before taking the work of others and adding or messing with them...

OP
B

bluedart

This has been a lot of work and I have done a TON of unique texturing, although I suppose I see your point. Until I receive permission from certain sources I will refrain from releasing any updates.

I'm willing to turn this into a group project if the other authors would like; I have quite a bit of time to work on this. Or if I can simply get permission I would release a complete pack once it is finished.

I'd like to continue working on this, but whether or not it gets released is variable.

xZabuzax

Is nice to see some action in Majora Mask, awesome job!. Would also be nice if a group of dudes help you out in this project, most of the attention is focused in Ocarina Of Time but is also nice to see some love in Majora Mask.

Your work is very much apreciated man, keep up the awesome work!

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
This has been a lot of work and I have done a TON of unique texturing, although I suppose I see your point. Until I receive permission from certain sources I will refrain from releasing any updates.

I'm willing to turn this into a group project if the other authors would like; I have quite a bit of time to work on this. Or if I can simply get permission I would release a complete pack once it is finished.

I'd like to continue working on this, but whether or not it gets released is variable.

Well for what its worth, you have my permission to use any of my UI work from Djipi's pack, with a credit in the game. To use Djipi's textures, you will need to ask him for permission.

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
You can use some texture for your majora's mask project but credit for me in the game^^

OP
B

bluedart

Great to hear from Djipi and mdta. I'm glad that you're going to let me use your textures for this project. Now that I have permission I am happy to announce that I am at least halfway done with the entire game as of now. It will certainly not be done for several weeks, but I am working quite religiously to finish the pack. I will try to post some screenshots of my work later in the week as a preview. Thank you all for waiting patiently.

HDL

Patiently waiting for this. Personally I like MM more than OoT, and while I think OoT is a great game, I don't really understand all the infatuation surrounding it.

Glad to see this game getting some love. Remember that there are a lot of people waiting for this but not necessarily posting. Please take your time and make the quality as high as you can!

OP
B

bluedart

Update

I have finished the pack and updated my first post to include screenshots and the download. Download has been changed to megaupload. Enjoy.

Last edited:

xZabuzax

Awesome news, downloading this texture pack.

Kudos to you bluedart and everyone who worked on this project, can't wait to try it out.

HDL

Just checked it out and I must say I love what you've done with it. These textures are top notch and really stand out from the majority of packs I've used before. I especially like how the spin attack looks. The blue and orange versions are differentiated from each other in animation and color (the orange one looking even more boss). I just have two gripes for the moment:

• I don't like how the hookshot icon was changed to resemble that of the OoT version. I think you should've left it with the design it had in MM (but as hi-res texture, of course).
  • Link's eyes look strange, almost cat-like. He looks more like an alien and not so much like a boy.

I haven't explored the pack thoroughly yet but it looks pretty slick so far.

death--droid

@BLluedart did you get the artists permission to use there work in your pack, just looked at the icons in the screenshot and they look a lot like Feddereli's work or have being taking from the Community Retexture Project.
@HDL that's because the hook shot icon IS the one from OoT.... And I know for fact he did no make it.

The work used in the Community Retexture Project is only for use in it unless you have gained the permission of the artist that created it as taking from other projects and using it in your own without even a glimpse of the creators name is quite demoralizing and makes people think, what is the point of doing this.

Last edited:

HDL

@HDL that's because the hook shot icon IS the one from OoT.....

Right, that's why I mentioned it...

bluedart, I noticed a few minor things with this pack.

• The title screen shows 1998-2010 at the bottom. This game was released in 2000, so it should say 2000-2010.
  • The Skull Kid's drawing isn't on the tree anymore.
  • When running the GC version rom, the year copyright textures are the originals. The very top of the quest status screen also uses original textures (doesn't load the new ones like with the 64 version rom).
  • Every body of water looks like it's running quickly, even in areas where it's supposed to be still.
  • On the second day, the sky should be completely covered with clouds. It looks pretty strange seeing it rain heavily with only a partly cloudy sky.
Hope you get that permissions stuff sorted out soon, if any. It'd be great to see the pack improved upon. :)

Last edited:
OP
B

bluedart

Hello everyone, it's nice to see some love for this painstakingly crafted pack. At this time I would like to address some of your comments.

- The current OoT pack I'm using I downloaded from some third-party website that credited nobody so I wasn't sure who to credit with textures I used from it such as the stalchildren. I have edited my first post to give credit to the OoT community pack because of this.
- I finished this pack in record time - it took me about 2 months of near non-stop work and in my haste I used several textures that were already done for OoT to speed up the process. Sorry for the inconvenience my hasty plagiarism may have caused. Still, a good 90% of this pack is my original work so let's not condemn it as it really does improve the game by quite a margin - AND it is free of charge. Basically I am releasing what I did on my own computer for fun to the public to get as much enjoyment out of it as I did.
- I can assure you that the hookshot icon was 100% designed from scratch by me. Seriously, all I did was make a red circle in photoshop, throw a random pattern on it and put a black stroke of about 10 pixels on the outside. If this particular texture looks similar to another it is mere coincidence.
- I see, for some reason the year says 1998-2010. Yes, that is wrong.
- As for the comment about quickly flowing water; I do not control the flow of the water, the game does that and I did not even notice this anomaly. If someone has a fix for this I will gladly post it.
- I was not aware that there is a "GC version rom" lingering about, but I can tell you that it is not supported. The US version of the original rom was used in making this pack and that is the only rom for which it underwent testing. On a side note, what is the upside to using this "GC version rom?"
- Thank you for bringing the sky to my attention. I noticed in Majora's Mask that there are two and only two skies - one I deemed was a normal, partly-cloudy sky and the other I obviously misdiagnosed as being a mostly clear sky. In fact the sky is one of the earliest things on which I spent my time. I ported djipi's sky textures and did not bother to redo them at a later time with a realistic feel. If someone would like to texture these skies and post a small addendum I would be more than willing to edit the first post with your name(s) and files. I will not be editing the main 400MB pack again though as uploading it took a few days of trying.

Thank you all for your comments and feedback.

turpinator

Piledriver Program Advance!
I'm willing to pass you my related created textures for icons I've made for the OoT texture project for this project if you are interested.