What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

bluedart's Hi-Res Majora's Mask

Clif

Me too. I had to use a download manager. firefox addon "downthemAll"
You cant just use it as directed, either. I had to start the download with firefox, pause it, right-click and choose "copy download link," and then paste it into the download manager

volphor

ran in to issues with downloads they seem to upload 100% but break when anyone dl's them.

sorry.
i tought you say you was uploading the .DAT file... i finally finished download all parts patiently with all that interruptions just to found out that you upload the .png's... that was really disapointing cos im asking for at least a couple of monts for the .DAT file, cos im running into issues loading all textures......... well, thanks anyway i think.... im just givin up on getting the .DAT file........ not to mention the pack working good.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
ok, I will try to say this as simple as possible.
1. I can't compile a DAT unless I have the files to compile.
2. I can't download the files unless I pause and unpause the downloads and that takes time.
3. Even if I did compiled the DAT it stands a 50% chance of breaking as soon as I upload to the server.
(And if it did work I will have to spend the rest of my days explaining to all the noobs how to use DAT files and why they can't Hack the file to add there own content.)
4. I along with most of every one else here only have so much time in a day as we work/school/real life/exe...
I have some time off of work I will try to work on the task at hand however the out come will depends on the four above points.

I am sorry for your disappointment however most of the users on this site do have real life issues that arise time to time.

Have a good day. :flowers:

volphor

ok, I will try to say this as simple as possible.
1. I can't compile a DAT unless I have the files to compile.
2. I can't download the files unless I pause and unpause the downloads and that takes time.
3. Even if I did compiled the DAT it stands a 50% chance of breaking as soon as I upload to the server.
(And if it did work I will have to spend the rest of my days explaining to all the noobs how to use DAT files and why they can't Hack the file to add there own content.)
4. I along with most of every one else here only have so much time in a day as we work/school/real life/exe...
I have some time off of work I will try to work on the task at hand however the out come will depends on the four above points.

I am sorry for your disappointment however most of the users on this site do have real life issues that arise time to time.

Have a good day. :flowers:

ha, its not like really worried about it, i dont spend the whole two months waiting for it... i just wanted to play the game so i ask a favor? maybe there im wrong. anyway, you was the guy who said your were uploading the file i needed and then upload the png's.... well... goodbye high resolution majoras mask...

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
okay I have download the files and my fear has come true the 7zips have also been broken. Sorry I have made you wait for nothing.

UnitDC

Sorry for this moronic question of mine... but how exactly do I download the main files?

I went to the non-broken link on the first post (the emulation64.com one) and it took me to a page where there were 10 "parts." I proceeded to download each one, and attempted to extract them all at once, my first time trying with WinRAR and the next time trying with 7-Zip and this was the result:

WinRAR: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
7-Zip: Can not open file blahblahblah as archive.

Anybody mind shedding some light on how to do this? Not sure if I'm even supposed to be extracting those files or whatever, but I assumed I was supposed to. (Computer is Windows Vista, 64 bit)

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Martin has fixed the links and as of two day ago links worked.
Download all files but only extract the 001 file using latest 7zip build.

UnitDC

So after extracting the 001 File and downloading the other parts, do I just transfer them all to the Games folder in Project64, and then click one to load the game? I'm still unsure how then I actually load the game. I know how to load all of the other games (the ones that come with it, Paper Mario, OoT, etc) because they're all one file.

Sorry if this is something obvious to others, but I'm rather new to emulators x) this looked pretty interesting so I figured I would give it a try.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Extract to project64/plugin/hires_texture/THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.

PJ64 is not suppose to have any games coming with it. You using an unofficial program.
Download PJ64 from the official site listed of the main page.

you will also need glide64 or 1964video to load the textures.

UnitDC

(I apologize in advance for not being able to put the clickable links in this post. vBulletin was preventing me, some URL limit or something. You should be able to copy and paste what the image links are into your address bar and go from there)

Okay, so I figured that putting pictures up will better help you understand what I'm having trouble with. Keep in mind that I do have Glide64 and 7-Zip.

So, I downloaded all 10 files on the non-broken link (NOT the megaupload one, because that doesn't work. I downloaded from the first one.) This is what they are: imageshack.us/photo/my-images/201/pictureoffolderdownload.jpg/

Then I was supposed to extract the 001 file to project64/plugin/hires_texture/ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK (my file directory) and this was the result: imageshack.us/photo/my-images/848/smask.jpg/

That looks right, so after doing that, I proceeded to open Project 64 (the application itself), clicked "Open ROM" and went to that file in project64/plugin/hires_texture/ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK (the file that I showed in the previous picture), and when trying to open it, this was the end result: imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/smaskj.jpg/

I'm not sure what to do now; What exactly am I supposed to do with the other 9 files that I downloaded? I tried simply copying them to the same folder that the 001 file was extracted to, however that didn't work. Guide me step by step please.

Last edited by a moderator:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
(I apologize in advance for not being able to put the clickable links in this post. vBulletin was preventing me, some URL limit or something. You should be able to copy and paste what the image links are into your address bar and go from there)
see attached png :)

I'm not sure what to do now; What exactly am I supposed to do with the other 9 files that I downloaded? I tried simply copying them to the same folder that the 001 file was extracted to, however that didn't work. Guide me step by step please.

delete all of the 7zips now 001 has been extracted you have what you need.

That looks right, so after doing that, I proceeded to open Project 64 (the application itself), clicked "Open ROM" and went to that file in project64/plugin/hires_texture/ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK (the file that I showed in the previous picture), and when trying to open it, this was the end result: imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/smaskj.jpg/

i'm not sure why you are getting an error

UnitDC

Thanks for the response. I see that other people in this thread messed around and figured out their issue themself, so I suppose I'll do the same. I feel like I've got everything right, I just keep getting that error popping up whenever I try to load the game, saying that the zip file is missing or corrupt.