Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for both starting this project and taking it to the end, bluedart! It seems that finished projects are so rare here, and I'm glad to see a finished project... not just any project, a Majora's Mask project! Oh, and it's good... really good.
    I also have some pointless feedback! Well, around the start of the thread I glanced someone complaining about Link's new cat eyes... I actually like them... just felt you should know that.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the kind words, friend. I'm always happy to hear someone likes this pack, despite its flaws. It's still the only truly complete one out there right now; although I'm sure we're all waiting anxiously for Djipi's upcoming pack.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First of all I want to thank you for your hard work on this, it's great.

One thing, though - I'm using the Glide 64 'Napalm WX' release 1 plugin which I think is the newest one and there are some frame rate issues. In clock town for example, right when you're coming out of the tower the FPS drops from 60 to about 40. It isn't because of the textures since it does the same thing even without the high res textures. Is there something in the Glide64 configuration I can change to fix this? Windows 7 64bit by the way. I can post other specs if needed. Thanks in advance.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey im new to this site and texture packs too. i have experience with emulators but i cannot figure out how to apply this pack and i really want it. ive scoured google and i cant find anything. could you or someone here point me in the right direction? or even better, give me instructions on how to apply the pack? i appreciate any responses :]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yakkers View Post
    Hey im new to this site and texture packs too. i have experience with emulators but i cannot figure out how to apply this pack and i really want it. ive scoured google and i cant find anything. could you or someone here point me in the right direction? or even better, give me instructions on how to apply the pack? i appreciate any responses :]
    Go to your Project 64 folder and then click on the Plugins folder, then create a folder titled "hires_texture" without the quotes, then go into that folder and and make another new folder titled "ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK" without the quotes, of course. Now take the extract the file you downloaded here to "Plugins> hires_textures > ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK." Now that part is all done, on to step three. Get yourself a new video plugin, Rice's Video Plugin or Glide64'll do, but I prefer Rice's, so I'll tell you how to do it with that one. Go into Settings with Project64, then change your graphics plugin to Rice's Video Plugin, I use Mudlord's Rice Video Build 6.1.4, but it doesn't really matter, I'm quite sure all Rice Video plugins have the same configuration layout. Well, now go to Options> Configure Graphics Plugin... now, you should start on a tab that says "General Options," if not, go to it. Now, uncheck the box that says "Hide Advanced Options." Now that that's done, you should be able to activate hires textures now! Yay! Now go to the "Texture Enhancement" tab directly above "General Options," and then check the box that says "Load hi-res textures if available." Now just load your Majora's Mask rom up and enjoy the textures!
    Although this game is best loaded with Glide64 "Napalm," I use Rice because it has my native resolution. I could also walk you through Glide64 if you'd like.
    Last edited by Hellraiser465; May 8th, 2011 at 14:56.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Hellraiser465: I would like to get it work with the Glide64 Napalm Plugin, because it seems to be able to render everything, which Rice's doesn't. For example, the Lens of Truth or the Bombers Notebook can't be seen with the Rice Plugin! I've got the Glide64 "Napalm WX" Plugin from the 3rd of April 2011. I selected that it should use hires textures in RICE format (and I put the textures in the folder you wrote down here), but it doesn't load them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rueckkoppler View Post
    @Hellraiser465: I would like to get it work with the Glide64 Napalm Plugin, because it seems to be able to render everything, which Rice's doesn't. For example, the Lens of Truth or the Bombers Notebook can't be seen with the Rice Plugin! I've got the Glide64 "Napalm WX" Plugin from the 3rd of April 2011. I selected that it should use hires textures in RICE format (and I put the textures in the folder you wrote down here), but it doesn't load them!
    Hmmm... I'll get right on that, I'll give you a step by step walk-through when I figure out what your problem is, but be patient until then.
    Edit: Ah, your problem might be that you created a folder named "Plugins" when the correct name would be "Plugin," which should already exist... but I doubt it, I'll look further into it.
    Edit 2: If you've got the right path it should work, because you did everything correctly... but be sure to uncheck the box next to "Alternative CRC calculation." And you should be all set after that, oh and the path should look something like this.
    Last edited by Hellraiser465; May 9th, 2011 at 22:19.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm this may not be the problem, I've got it in the folder Plugins\hires_textures\ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK. I'm using 1964, by the way :-). I checked hi-res textures in the Plugin and enabled the Rice format and checked Alternative CRC calculation and Compress texture cache. I also unchecked Alternative... but it didn't make a difference. So I'm using 1964, I put the most recent Glide64 Napalm plugin with wrapper and the hires pack in the right folders and set the hires function on... what can be wrong?! Thank you in advantage ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be right back with you, I'll need to have a crack at 1964.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, maybe I need to tell you the whole story. Normally I'm playing Majoras Mask with PJ64, using bluedart's texture Pack with the Rice Plugin. But I recognized, that I cannot see the Bomber's Notebook and that's why I'm trying to get it work with the Glde HQ Plugin. But on PJ64, the GlideHQ Plugin crashed the emulator, so I tried to use the Step-To-Step by nominal in this thread: http://www.emutalk.net/threads/52686-Glide-64-Crashes . But I fail already in loading the hi-res textures in 1964. All in all, his manual sounds like it would work (copying the texture-cache folder of 1964 in the P64 folder to solve the crash-problem), but I don't even make it to load the hires textures...

edit: FINALLY GOT IT!!! I wrote my solution here: http://www.emutalk.net/threads/52686-Glide-64-Crashes
    Last edited by Rueckkoppler; May 19th, 2011 at 15:45.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast