What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

bluedart's Hi-Res Majora's Mask

Hellraiser465

Thank you for both starting this project and taking it to the end, bluedart! It seems that finished projects are so rare here, and I'm glad to see a finished project... not just any project, a Majora's Mask project! Oh, and it's good... really good.
I also have some pointless feedback! Well, around the start of the thread I glanced someone complaining about Link's new cat eyes... I actually like them... just felt you should know that.

OP
B

bluedart

Thanks for the kind words, friend. I'm always happy to hear someone likes this pack, despite its flaws. It's still the only truly complete one out there right now; although I'm sure we're all waiting anxiously for Djipi's upcoming pack.

lost_seraph

First of all I want to thank you for your hard work on this, it's great.

One thing, though - I'm using the Glide 64 'Napalm WX' release 1 plugin which I think is the newest one and there are some frame rate issues. In clock town for example, right when you're coming out of the tower the FPS drops from 60 to about 40. It isn't because of the textures since it does the same thing even without the high res textures. Is there something in the Glide64 configuration I can change to fix this? Windows 7 64bit by the way. I can post other specs if needed. Thanks in advance.

yakkers

Hey im new to this site and texture packs too. i have experience with emulators but i cannot figure out how to apply this pack and i really want it. ive scoured google and i cant find anything. could you or someone here point me in the right direction? or even better, give me instructions on how to apply the pack? i appreciate any responses :]

Hellraiser465

Hey im new to this site and texture packs too. i have experience with emulators but i cannot figure out how to apply this pack and i really want it. ive scoured google and i cant find anything. could you or someone here point me in the right direction? or even better, give me instructions on how to apply the pack? i appreciate any responses :]
Go to your Project 64 folder and then click on the Plugins folder, then create a folder titled "hires_texture" without the quotes, then go into that folder and and make another new folder titled "ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK" without the quotes, of course. Now take the extract the file you downloaded here to "Plugins> hires_textures > ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK." Now that part is all done, on to step three. Get yourself a new video plugin, Rice's Video Plugin or Glide64'll do, but I prefer Rice's, so I'll tell you how to do it with that one. Go into Settings with Project64, then change your graphics plugin to Rice's Video Plugin, I use Mudlord's Rice Video Build 6.1.4, but it doesn't really matter, I'm quite sure all Rice Video plugins have the same configuration layout. Well, now go to Options> Configure Graphics Plugin... now, you should start on a tab that says "General Options," if not, go to it. Now, uncheck the box that says "Hide Advanced Options." Now that that's done, you should be able to activate hires textures now! Yay! Now go to the "Texture Enhancement" tab directly above "General Options," and then check the box that says "Load hi-res textures if available." Now just load your Majora's Mask rom up and enjoy the textures!
Although this game is best loaded with Glide64 "Napalm," I use Rice because it has my native resolution. I could also walk you through Glide64 if you'd like.

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

@Hellraiser465: I would like to get it work with the Glide64 Napalm Plugin, because it seems to be able to render everything, which Rice's doesn't. For example, the Lens of Truth or the Bombers Notebook can't be seen with the Rice Plugin! I've got the Glide64 "Napalm WX" Plugin from the 3rd of April 2011. I selected that it should use hires textures in RICE format (and I put the textures in the folder you wrote down here), but it doesn't load them!

Hellraiser465

@Hellraiser465: I would like to get it work with the Glide64 Napalm Plugin, because it seems to be able to render everything, which Rice's doesn't. For example, the Lens of Truth or the Bombers Notebook can't be seen with the Rice Plugin! I've got the Glide64 "Napalm WX" Plugin from the 3rd of April 2011. I selected that it should use hires textures in RICE format (and I put the textures in the folder you wrote down here), but it doesn't load them!
Hmmm... I'll get right on that, I'll give you a step by step walk-through when I figure out what your problem is, but be patient until then.
Edit: Ah, your problem might be that you created a folder named "Plugins" when the correct name would be "Plugin," which should already exist... but I doubt it, I'll look further into it.
Edit 2: If you've got the right path it should work, because you did everything correctly... but be sure to uncheck the box next to "Alternative CRC calculation." And you should be all set after that, oh and the path should look something like this.
2rxuqyw.png

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Hmm this may not be the problem, I've got it in the folder Plugins\hires_textures\ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK. I'm using 1964, by the way :). I checked hi-res textures in the Plugin and enabled the Rice format and checked Alternative CRC calculation and Compress texture cache. I also unchecked Alternative... but it didn't make a difference. So I'm using 1964, I put the most recent Glide64 Napalm plugin with wrapper and the hires pack in the right folders and set the hires function on... what can be wrong?! Thank you in advantage ;-)

Rueckkoppler

Okay, maybe I need to tell you the whole story. Normally I'm playing Majoras Mask with PJ64, using bluedart's texture Pack with the Rice Plugin. But I recognized, that I cannot see the Bomber's Notebook and that's why I'm trying to get it work with the Glde HQ Plugin. But on PJ64, the GlideHQ Plugin crashed the emulator, so I tried to use the Step-To-Step by nominal in this thread: http://www.emutalk.net/threads/52686-Glide-64-Crashes . But I fail already in loading the hi-res textures in 1964. All in all, his manual sounds like it would work (copying the texture-cache folder of 1964 in the P64 folder to solve the crash-problem), but I don't even make it to load the hires textures...

edit: FINALLY GOT IT!!! I wrote my solution here: http://www.emutalk.net/threads/52686-Glide-64-Crashes

Last edited:

Nevon

Some textures won't load

I've been trying to use this texture pack for some time now, but I can't seem to get all of the textures to load. Some of them will, such as Link's texture, the hearts, the magic bar, the minimaps and a bunch of other ones. However, none of the items or masks have high res textures.

I'm using PJ64 1.7.0.49 with the latest version of Glide 64 Napalm WX and 1964Video. These are the settings I'm using:

EH8BB.png

Any ideas?

Last edited:

oscarj08

I really doubt that ANYBODY got it working with the Glide Plugin and every texture loaded...too sad >.<
sure me, i guess that i have updated my gpu drivers (ati hd 5670 1 gb gddr5)?

that my config

asasasa.jpg

PD: With 16:9
PD: Without ALTERNATIVE CRC CALCULATION

thats i video that i made:

drknexus

Does anyone have a mirror? I really like the look of this pack but I can't get any more than about 50% of the pack downloaded from Megaupload. Tried searching Google for the file name, but that didn't help much.

nominal

Does anyone have a mirror? I really like the look of this pack but I can't get any more than about 50% of the pack downloaded from Megaupload. Tried searching Google for the file name, but that didn't help much.

Yeah megaupload will be a pain sometimes, as will mediafire. I uploaded it to ge.tt here: http://ge.tt/9BNQS77

You may have trouble with that link in firefox, but it works fine in IE9. Just a heads up.

If it doesn't work out, i'll split it up into parts and post mediafire links.

baztyx

could put this pack of textures in Spanish to play without problems plz.
sorry bad English using google translator.

Jontxu

I need help, I've tried absolutely everything, both from this thread and google searches, I just can't, and I mean, CAN'T, get this damn thing to work.

Sometimes it loads some textures but not all, sometimes it crashes, sometimes it gives a null error, sometimes it just gets stuck loading a certain texture and that's it. I've tried every single plug in I can think of, 1964 community plug in (loads all the textures from the ocarina of time pack, BUT CRASHES WITH MAJORA'S MASK, WHY, WHO THE HELL KNOWS), Glide WX plug in (just wont load all the textures or crashes), aristotles & mudlords rice video plug in (crashes every time). I've tried both 1964 and Project 64.

I need help, I'm really going to go insane. Can someone just upload their emulator folder with their plug ins?

Edit: Nvm I fixed it, or well, it fixed itself I guess.

Yes because I know you people having trouble hate retards that just answer "nvm I fixed it :)" without telling you how I'll tell you what I am using, 1964 0.9.9 emulator with the 1964 video community plug in (can be found in this forum in the ocarina of time community retexture project I believe), using open gl (pretty sure it will crash on directx). It's not perfect (it wont show the clock properly and the current heart you have will not show because it doesn't seem to show animated hud elements), but at least it doesn't crash and most importantly IT LOADS ALL THE DAMN TEXTURES.

Last edited: