What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

bluedart's Hi-Res Majora's Mask

HDL

- I was not aware that there is a "GC version rom" lingering about

Sorry, I thought you supported the GC version too since the changed colors appear with hi-res textures. For example, the GC version has the A button green and the B button red. The text icons (arrows, etc.) are also green to match the Cube controller's green A button, as opposed to the 64's blue one.

I'm surprised you didn't know this version of the game existed. It was included in the Zelda Collector's Edition disc.

OP
B

bluedart

I actually have that disc lying around my house; I remember that was the first time I got to play Majora's Mask. It was a shame that it crashed occasionally when I played it for more than a few hours at a time without saving. Hopefully that hasn't carried over into the rom. I'm surprised that someone managed to extract a 64 rom out of there though. If you'd like you can post some screenshots of what doesn't work and I'll take a look at them. If it's just a simple adaptation it might not take too long to fix.

HDL

Sure, here you go:

Years.png

Quest.png

As far as I'm aware, this version of the game is exactly the same, minus a few bugs and the color changes (possibly some minor texture changes). Many people (myself included) encountered the freezing issue of the Collector's Edition because the game isn't properly emulated on the GC. With an emulator like Project64, compatibility should be just about the same as the original rom.

As for which textures don't load properly, I haven't played the GC one thoroughly enough to see if there are others besides these two screenshots, but from what I did see most of the textures load normally.

robertus27

hi bluedart, ive been using ur hi res texture and i think it look awesome, very good work. but if im using usa rom majora mask its always blinking everywhere in the game, ive tried using the europe rom majora mask and its working normal without blinking problem. do u know how to fix the problem becoz i wanna play the usa rom version for its ntsc 60 fps.

SteakMan

Hey bluedart, I really admire your work and this looks amazing, but I'm having some real problems trying to run this. I'm using the latest version of Glide64 and I've been messing with the configuration a lot. I have all of the texture files in the right place as well. Problem is I can't seem to get it to run all of the textures, leaving me with only the game textures loading while the the start menu and the title screen are still the n64 version. It seems like the map screen loads slightly, but that's all. This is rather annoying as you can imagine.

Does anyone have any advice about the proper Glide 64 settings or insight as to why this might be happening?

-edit-
It seems that i fixed the problem of the start menu and title screen, however, the buttons on the HUD ( A button, B button, and the C buttons) don't look right. They are kindof puzzley looking, im not quite sure how to explain it. It Also seems that water is completely clear for me, which turns out to be very confusing lol.

any ideas?

Last edited:

HDL

SteakMan, try using Glide Napalm 1.22. I've had some issues myself using Napalm WX, but with 1.22 it works perfectly. However, I use OS X and am running Project64 in Wine, so it's certainly possible that there are other factors at work. You may want to try it anyway, though.

Make sure "alternative CRC calculation" is off for best compatibility. Also, you can make the water appear correctly by enabling "use alpha channel fully."

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
I finally found some time to check this pack myself. And I was not disappointed. Very, very good work! I did not check it throughout, just loaded my savestates and run a little. What I've seen was great. Snow levels look amazing, probably the best picture I've seen on my Voodoo. Water effects are great. There are a lot of nice details everywhere. The only thing I can't get used to is Link's new eyes :)
The pack is a good reason to re-play this game - I played it yet in 2002 with very early versions of Glide64. Thanks and respects to the author for his titanic work!

PS. I noticed only one glitch: when camera is used, Snap text on the button is not hi-res.

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
Wondering if anyone has the know-how to make a HUD "wind waker/twilight princess" style gameshark hack that rearranges the a, b, and c buttons like was made for OoT way back.

OP
B

bluedart

I was wondering the same thing about the HUD when I was making this pack. I would love a code like that. On a similar note I took to using a code I found online that changed transition effects from simple fade ins and outs to a full triforce animation. It really was quite the sight.

Also, I have recently discovered a nifty little driver called iz3d that allows directx games to be run in anaglyph 3d. It's a shame the plugin I tailored these textures for does not support directx, but I managed to get a large amount of the textures to load with the latest rice plugin. I have to say it looks quite amazing, I would highly recommend giving stereoscopic 3d a try, even if some of the textures won't load properly. Keep in mind anaglyph is the poor man's 3d, but it's still engaging.

This actually reminds me of something I thought was off when I was making this pack. I noticed that with the rice plugin most textures do not dump, and many textures simply refuse to load even if they were miraculously dumped. Is there a setting, method, or completely different plugin that I am somehow missing? If there's something useful that I don't know about this situation I would be very appreciative of any new information about this.

Mollymutt

Are you talking about the latest 1964 build? If so, they fixed it so only textures not in the hi res folder get dumped to end all of the duplicate texture problems that we used to have.

Elly

This looks wonderful! I am not a big fan of the N64 but I like the Zelda games on that console. I will be giving this a try tonight. Thank you for your efforts! :)

OP
B

bluedart

Actually I used project64 to make the textures. I've taken to using 1964 lately since it doesn't crash/bluescreen as often as PJ64 does. I'll check how 1964 dumps textures sometime. Hopefully it will allow me to change my textures over to the rice plugin for directx use. On the subject; does anyone happen to know the best rice plugin frame buffer settings for zelda games?

cerebus5

I've been playing with this pack for a few hours now - I don't have any savestates so I just began from the beginning, quite tempted to play it all the way through. Great job building these textures. I haven't really picked up MM since I was a student when it came out :D

OP
B

bluedart

Thanks everyone for downloading and using this pack. Asking for some very specific feedback here: has anyone played through the Gerudo Pirate Fortress with this pack? I remember when I was working on that area and I had a lot of trouble with that place. Some textures would randomly stretch or skew, and I never did find a fix for it. It was only about 4 or so textures, but I remember it being very noticeable and annoying. Has anyone else encountered this?

Edit: I actually replayed this game about a week ago, and found that the glitches with Gerudo Fortress were minimal.

Hello there. I noticed the forums recently changed, and some sub-categories were added. I would like this thread to be moved to the "Completed Projects" section as it has been completed for some time.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I've moved from oldest to newest post, so I hadn't found a time to move it yet.
But Your wish is my command. ;)