What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

bluedart's Hi-Res Majora's Mask

ropeadope

Yo! Thanks for making this texture pack!

I'm having trouble extracting it...maybe the link has gone bad? Maybe something else? Here's what happens when I try to extract it:
Ab7oZ1N.png

edit: just needed to update winrar and it worked after that

The .7z file is 291 mb, which sounds right, i've downloaded it twice to be sure. Maybe I should use the HTC pack instead, but I'm not familiar with that file format or how to load it.

Also, where can I get the latest Glide64 Napalm WX release? Found a couple links on google but they were in french.

Last edited:

ropeadope

Looks like I just had to update WinRar! Guess the version I was using was pretty ancient. Thanks!

Still looking for the latest Glide64 Napalm WX release, as recommended by bluedart.

edit: also worth noting (though it may have been mentioned before) that if you use the default folder name of "zelda-majoras-mask-hires-by-bluedart", the textures wont load for whatever reason. I just renamed the folder "ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK" and it worked. Took me a long time to figure out what was wrong!

Last edited:

death--droid

Test and yeah my archive is fine, just requires 7zip or the latest WinRAR to extract. Almost tempted to re-zip them in just plain standard zip files. That way theres no incompatibilities with archiving programs.

ropeadope

uncompressed it's 421mb I think.

Game is looking good! Some issues with sky/moon textures though. I've tried a bunch of different settings in the graphical options and couldn't fix them. Any ideas?:

QCHdup9.png

also is the moon missing his mouth/teeth?
PDSv2sE.png

this is on PJ 1.6 with Glide64 final.

Last edited:

ropeadope

that didn't fix it sadly, but appreciate the idea. I was able to fix it by basically just getting rid of those custom textures. I deleted the "sky" folder, located within the texture pack, as well as the Moon textures, located in Places>World>Moon - So the sky moon are default now, but better than the weird texture mismatches I was getting :)

if anyone in the future does this, you'll have to delete the high-res-textures.dat in the plugins>cache folder to re-load the textures from scratch again after you delete those two folders (Sky and Moon, or any other textures) from the texture pack directory. Otherwise it will load the same textures from the saved cache file.

edit: also deleted the "Water" folder after the water became invisible for some reason. It's nice that it's so easy to get rid of textures that (for whatever reason) don't appear properly, or just textures that you're not fond of. A lot of the hi-res textures do of course look much nicer, but some feel out of place. For instance I prefer default link's face and the default fairies better than the hi-res versions, even though they are not nearly as crisp. Wasn't wild about the new Murals/Posters in Clocktown either. The majority of the hi-res textures do a good job of keeping the same feel of the game, though. Point is, it's easy to customize texture packs to your own preference.

Last edited: