Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yo! Thanks for making this texture pack!

I'm having trouble extracting it...maybe the link has gone bad? Maybe something else? Here's what happens when I try to extract it:

edit: just needed to update winrar and it worked after that

The .7z file is 291 mb, which sounds right, i've downloaded it twice to be sure. Maybe I should use the HTC pack instead, but I'm not familiar with that file format or how to load it.

Also, where can I get the latest Glide64 Napalm WX release? Found a couple links on google but they were in french.
    Last edited by ropeadope; September 21st, 2016 at 02:53.

Texture Pack Invader NES_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    That looks like half the pack. Re-download here.
    @death--droid please add the second part file or recompile the archive.
    -NES
    We are in the process of archiving all qualifying texture packs!
    Contact me via PM to have your N64 texture pack hosted on Emulation64.com!
    Having a hard time loading Large packs? Be sure to patch your emulator.
    Can't load .DAT or .HTC archives? Look no further then this shiny Tutorial, Android users may use this Tutorial.

Spoiler:

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like I just had to update WinRar! Guess the version I was using was pretty ancient. Thanks!

Still looking for the latest Glide64 Napalm WX release, as recommended by bluedart.

edit: also worth noting (though it may have been mentioned before) that if you use the default folder name of "zelda-majoras-mask-hires-by-bluedart", the textures wont load for whatever reason. I just renamed the folder "ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK" and it worked. Took me a long time to figure out what was wrong!
    Last edited by ropeadope; September 21st, 2016 at 04:33.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Glide64 final should work just as good and GlideN64 (latest build as of 9/16/16) may also be an option.
    -NES
    Can't load .DAT or .HTC archives? Look no further then this shiny Tutorial, Android users may use this Tutorial.

Spoiler:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Test and yeah my archive is fine, just requires 7zip or the latest WinRAR to extract. Almost tempted to re-zip them in just plain standard zip files. That way theres no incompatibilities with archiving programs.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    How did you compress the pack so small? If I remember right uncompressed it is 800MB.
    -NES

Spoiler:

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    uncompressed it's 421mb I think.

Game is looking good! Some issues with sky/moon textures though. I've tried a bunch of different settings in the graphical options and couldn't fix them. Any ideas?:

also is the moon missing his mouth/teeth?

this is on PJ 1.6 with Glide64 final.
    Last edited by ropeadope; September 26th, 2016 at 08:56.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    alt crc maybe?
    -NES

Spoiler:

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that didn't fix it sadly, but appreciate the idea. I was able to fix it by basically just getting rid of those custom textures. I deleted the "sky" folder, located within the texture pack, as well as the Moon textures, located in Places>World>Moon - So the sky moon are default now, but better than the weird texture mismatches I was getting

if anyone in the future does this, you'll have to delete the high-res-textures.dat in the plugins>cache folder to re-load the textures from scratch again after you delete those two folders (Sky and Moon, or any other textures) from the texture pack directory. Otherwise it will load the same textures from the saved cache file.

edit: also deleted the "Water" folder after the water became invisible for some reason. It's nice that it's so easy to get rid of textures that (for whatever reason) don't appear properly, or just textures that you're not fond of. A lot of the hi-res textures do of course look much nicer, but some feel out of place. For instance I prefer default link's face and the default fairies better than the hi-res versions, even though they are not nearly as crisp. Wasn't wild about the new Murals/Posters in Clocktown either. The majority of the hi-res textures do a good job of keeping the same feel of the game, though. Point is, it's easy to customize texture packs to your own preference.
    Last edited by ropeadope; October 2nd, 2016 at 02:41.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819