What's new

Any interest in doing hi-res textures for Wii/GC games?

Donbero

Alright, working on updating it. Found a few action commands that I missed, and I'll be doing other hud parts as well.

hud.png

AaronLite

Hey looks really good. : ) I did however like the look more, before the grain was added. It just looked more clean.

Either way though, looks nice.

Donbero

I wanted to be accurate, and the original buttons had a grainy/paper look to them.

Anyway, I finished updating. What's in the new pack:

-The buttons
-Action commands (including 5-ish I missed before)
-The camera and "eye" icon
-The rupee icon
-Hearts
-All conversation text (excluding Hylian characters)

I reduced the resolution of the textures to something more reasonable, but still larger than anyone would ever need. I would have done the numbers that count your rupees, but I don't know the font. If anyone knows...

Mediafire is currently down, so megaupload it is: Download here

death--droid

blopa, it won't be possible, the Wii would not be able to handle the higher res textures and is most likely cause a system crash. Plus as far as I know there is no way to inject the textures into and rom at this time.

blopa

blopa, it won't be possible, the Wii would not be able to handle the higher res textures and is most likely cause a system crash. Plus as far as I know there is no way to inject the textures into and rom at this time.

omg! of course >.<
sorry about that, and thank you! ;)

AaronLite

zelda.jpg

Replaced 2 textures with 2048 res ones, looks nice. :sombrero:

BTW I'm barely working on anything for this lately, just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Datadayne

My new pc works fairly well with dolphin, im still getting 90-95% speed with 4x the original texture.

Here are some quick tests without aa:
2qao8ds.png

2r5bvva.png

2564t4w.png

AaronLite

TP work from me is practically dead. I mean i've done a bit more from there, but not a ton. If a quality TP project comes up sometime, i'd be more interested to help than doing things solo.