What's new

Any interest in doing hi-res textures for Wii/GC games?

OP
T

Terranigma

Heres another before and after...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c356/CoolGuitar/2.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c356/CoolGuitar/1.jpg

don't have anymore shots for now...

Probably gonna change the mountain/rock texture to match closer to the original, but looks good on everything anyways... also make grass less green to match more areas, but not like the original. some tweaks, etc... I got 2048 res textures for replacement if they update the loader for higher res too.

Lol, they used the same texture for dirt, scenery rocks, and paper... Got a good texture for it though. =p

Amazing!!! Holy crap it's like night and day. Seriously, this is impressive. May I post this on dolphin-emu's forum? I'll give you all the credit of course. This is really inspire more people to make hi-res texture packs for it.

AaronLite

Thanks for the comments. : ) I'll try to work on this more.

Also terranigma, go for it if you'd like. I'd like to see more texture packs being worked on. :fullmop:

DAaaMan64

Wow it looks just fantastic! Is there any chance someone could patch their Wii ISO? I own the game, but I like to load it from external for convenience. So I would suppose you could reinsert the textures that way. I know its possible to look at the content of that iso.

Thanks

Do you have any links or tutorials on dumping and retextuing textures in dolphin? I have been trying to dump textures from Super Mario Sunshine and Zelda WW GCN But all I seem to be getting is .TGA files that are covered in red. I beleive they're from the opening movies any help would be muchly appreciated. ^_^

mode7

AaronLight: Congrats! They really look great!!! A shame I won't be able to emulate them at decent speed

AaronLite

Wow, uh... this is slightly weird. Lol, thanks for the comments though. Just saying this now that i'm working on something other than textures too, so it definatly won't be going at a fast pace. BTW, reason my fps is so low is because of a shitty cpu, the textures didn't affect performance. Anyways...

DAaaMan64: Don't really know about that stuff, so sorry can't really help. :/

kaizokuroof: Make sure you only tick dump textures, not dump frames. I also keep it unchecked until i'm at a spot i want to get textures from in the game. After Just tick it on and enter an area so the textures load up and they get dumped. :p

Last edited:
OP
T

Terranigma

AaronLite, is it possible to convince you to try another experiment? I'm not talking about starting another complete project so to speak. I was wondering if you'd be willing to texture 1 area from Monster Hunter 3 demo. Just one area since the game's areas are split into small chunks. This game has pathetic textures as well, and I'm curious to see people's reactions once they see it. MH3 actually looks horrid even running on Dolphin. Plus, it's another popular game and people were praising its visuals when they're actually pretty mediocre. It could spawn more excitement.

That's if you have the time of course!

Last edited:

AaronLite

Sure, monster hunter is pretty awesome. I've wanted to see what it would look like with some updated textures too... Wanna just send me the textures and i'll do it up?
Screenshot of the area would be good too so i know what it's supposed to look like. Might be hard to make out if they're really blurry.

It will be nice when there is not a 1024 limit on textures, full quality would be cool to see. :p

Last edited:
OP
T

Terranigma

I don't have any textures. I don't even know how to rextexture. I meant that if you have the time, could you see if you can whip up something for 1 area for fun.

blopa

There's any chance that this TW textures could be patched into a ISO? So I could play on my NGC/Wii

OP
T

Terranigma

Err, well I don't have MH. :/

You can get the free demo. It should be ok to download that. You can ask at the dolphin forums. Make sure you mention you only want to free demo. Or you can google it too. It's a free demo, so I don't think it'll be a problem.

Donbero

I was trying to work on Wind Waker's hud, but the textures weren't scaling right. If a texture was originally 40x40 pixels, and I scale it to 320x320, it will only show the top-left 40x40 pixels of the new texture. I thought "well maybe this problem is exclusive to Wind Waker", so I tried Twilight Princess. Same problem...

I'm using Rev. 6170. Should I be saving the textures a certain way? Using certain settings in Dolphin? Is it just flat-out broken in the newest revisions?

Xenobond

Double 0 Reject
I'd love to retexture Eternal Darkness. A great game, but the textures were pretty bad. Doesn't help that the models for the characters didn't help much either (goofy emotes during cutscenes & poor rigging).

I'd rather play Monster Hunter Tri though, instead of fiddling with making it look marginally better. That game is great looking.

Donbero

Tried using 2.0 instead (so yeah, it was broken sometime after), but it only managed to work properly in OpenGL. Just something I whipped up, so it's not perfect. I also have no idea what the proper fonts are.

Before:

After:

AaronLite

I'm gonna skip out on Monster Hunter.

The hud looks nice Donbero! :)

Anyone know of any place that has a memory card file for dolphin up, with a gc zelda tp save? Or anyone with a file decently far into the game that could upload it too would be cool. I can't progress through the game at a good rate because of my pc, and i'd like to be farther in the game.

Last edited:

Donbero

There are save files at gamefaqs. Just make sure you use the same region. Also, I don't think dolphin supports gameshark save files (though I have no idea what those are). After you download the save, go to Tools -> Memcard Manager (GC) in Dolphin. Click browse under memory card A and find the one used by Dolphin (should be in *Dolphin Folder*/User/GC); your saves will load. Click "<- import GCI" and locate the TP save to add it to the memory card.

Backup your card file though, in case something messes up.

Last edited:

Donbero

I believe I'm finished. I have most of the command words done (Crouch, Attack, Put Away, etc.), but I'm bound to have missed at least a few.

Enlarge the picture on imageshack to see the details better.

Download here

Place the folder GZLE01 inside (Dolphin)/User/Load/Textures. I was only able to get anything to work right in 2.0 with OpenGL, so hopefully the devs. will fix whatever went wrong.