What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

New Paper Mario

OP
Nelde

Nelde

These look great. Would it be possible for you to release a beta version?
Unfortunately, texture packs are often abandoned before they are finished and it would be a shame if they were never used.

I'm thinking about it. What I might do is making a closed beta that I make accessible for a few people and then they can help me get textures that I missed. For example every enemy in the game has a sleeping animation. And a burned one. And a dizzy one. And it's a pain to collect them all. So a bit of help would not be wrong. But I still want to finish some stuff before I do that.

I have a save for just before the final boss if you are interested

Metal.Mario.Fan

:unsure: Hey nelde, i have been watching your project and work on these textures packs for Paper Mario, so I have been wondering.
You'll release the pack some day on 2015?
Btw I wonder if maybe i could help to you with something or If you want.
(Excuse me about my bad english)
And don't worry if you will deny release it soon... Just i am wondering if maybe on 2015 or 2016 you will be done to release your textures pack of Paper Mario.:whistling

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

I think few people would be compelled to work on a pack for 2 (or 6) years before releasing it. Either they would complete it sooner and release it, or abandon it.

It would be nice to hear from Nelde though, see if he has any plans and may accept some help.

Metal.Mario.Fan

Well, If he don't need or maybe need help about it.
I guess he could ask it, by the way... Still i am waiting if some day will be done.
And he is doing a perfect work:satisfied

CJDJ

I wanted to say you are doing an excellent job on this. Very talented. I'm hoping for an eventual release. Keep up the good work!

OP
Nelde

Nelde

Hey y'all.
Yes, I'm still working on the pack. If you're interested in updates you should check out my deviantART account, and the facebook and tumblr pages for New Paper Mario.

About needing help: I already have several beta testers that hunt down textures that I missed in the pack.
But I could need help with some other thing. I already posted about my pack needing too much memory and you guys then posted a patch that fixed it. But it seems that my pack is now too big again even after the patch. So... has anybody any ideas how to handle the size of my texture pack? I'm not even half way through the game...

razius

MU-TH-UR
That gave me quite a scare!

spmx01.jpg

Hey y'all.
So... has anybody any ideas how to handle the size of my texture pack? I'm not even half way through the game...

Keep up the good work and spare no size...

death--droid

Nelde the only real solution to that is to use a plugin that does not load the texture into a cache and loads them on the fly like Rice Video does by default.

Rueckkoppler

Hey y'all.
Yes, I'm still working on the pack. If you're interested in updates you should check out my deviantART account, and the facebook and tumblr pages for New Paper Mario.

About needing help: I already have several beta testers that hunt down textures that I missed in the pack.
But I could need help with some other thing. I already posted about my pack needing too much memory and you guys then posted a patch that fixed it. But it seems that my pack is now too big again even after the patch. So... has anybody any ideas how to handle the size of my texture pack? I'm not even half way through the game...

WOW! That looks so awesome. I want to play this game already, but would love to do that with your texture pack. Do you think you'll finish it during this year? Keep it up! :tup: