What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

New Paper Mario

OP
Nelde

Nelde

Awesome Could You Relese A Public Beta Please If Not When Will It Be Finished
Because I CANT Wait
I thought I'd release a beta version as soon as I'm finished with the game's prologue.
The whole game will be finished on schedule in mid 2500 ;)

Wait Your Redoing All Of The Sprites I Realy I Wouldnt Do That If I Were You
Yes, I intend to redo every texture in the game (at least those where it makes sense). Why do you think that's a bad idea?

Bonus pic:

Boncey

I thought I'd release a beta version as soon as I'm finished with the game's prologue.
The whole game will be finished on schedule in mid 2500 ;)

Yes, I intend to redo every texture in the game (at least those where it makes sense). Why do you think that's a bad idea?

Bonus pic:

I Thought The Sprites Looked Fine But You Should Re-Do The Shadows Though (If Not Included In Sprites)

Also Caould You Make It 2010-2012

Wait HOLY CRAP YOU HAVENT FINISHED THE PROLOGUE

Could Some On Make A Converter From N64 To Exe Because I Think When Its Done Its Would Be Cool If We Could Use A EXE File (Im Quite Good At C++ Coding But I Still Dont Know How But In The Future I Might Make A Total Re-Conversion And Add Your Sprites Whan Ive Finished My PC Man Project It Pacman For Pc With HQ GFX)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Nelde

Nelde

I Thought The Sprites Looked Fine But You Should Re-Do The Shadows Though (If Not Included In Sprites)

Also Caould You Make It 2010-2012

2012 is a rather unrealistic date... Gonetz from Emu X Haven recently told me: "To the end of the adventure the texture cache contained more than 50 000 textures. AFAIR, Djipi's Zelda pack contains circa 12000 textures and it took him several years to finish."
So, there are over 50000 textures, I now have 4484 files in my texture pack, and that includes textures I haven't even redone yet. If it took Djipi several years to do 12000 textures, how long do you think it'll take me to do over 4 times more? Besides, the Zelda pack didn't contain animations like Paper Mario does. Animations need a lot more time to be completed than just static textures.

Wait HOLY CRAP YOU HAVENT FINISHED THE PROLOGUE
No, I haven't. As I said, retexturing takes it's time.

Could Some On Make A Converter From N64 To Exe Because I Think When Its Done Its Would Be Cool If We Could Use A EXE File (Im Quite Good At C++ Coding But I Still Dont Know How But In The Future I Might Make A Total Re-Conversion And Add Your Sprites Whan Ive Finished My PC Man Project It Pacman For Pc With HQ GFX)

Err, what? I think you should create your own thread for this. Also, could you please stop douple (or actually triple) posting? There's an edit button under your posts.

Shame on you ;)
Haha :naughty: I'm sorry if I reminded you of something... ;) Aber es war ja nur Schokolade...

Edit:
Because everybody loves pictures, here's another one. A comparison between the old version of my style and the current one:
marioneuerkontrastvergl.png

Last edited:

mode7

Second one is slightly better, though I don't know if it's worth the more time.
Much in retexturing is about speed.

OP
Nelde

Nelde

Second one is slightly better, though I don't know if it's worth the more time.
Much in retexturing is about speed.

Well, there is no going back now :D
Besides, Turpinator kindly offered me his help by doing the tedious work, so I have one thing less to worry about. I certainly won't replace every character I've done so far with a new version, but since Mario's the protagonist he gets a make-over.

Last edited:

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
I you need help , i can help you . I use illustrator too so if you have some texture to redone send me and i will do my best^^

Great work nelde

OP
Nelde

Nelde

I you need help , i can help you . I use illustrator too so if you have some texture to redone send me and i will do my best^^

Thanks for your offer, but I don't need help with the "artistic" part of the texturing process. I need help at stuff that's hard or boring to do. For example assembling the backgrounds, or the map (which is horrible). Or, if somebody wants to help, I'd even update the Toads and other characters I already did but which aren't in the new style yet. I already have all the poses, I just find it boring to save them as the respective files.

Yeah, the shadow's not that big of a difference. I think it looks fine either way.
Hehe, it's not only the shadow under the mustache that's different. :D

Boncey

This Re Texture Will Be Like The Ninendo Wee

But Better!

Is This Project Dead Now IF So I Will Be Realy Sad!

Last edited by a moderator:

Boncey

Realy Looking Forward To This

Also If You Need Some Cool Looking Abstract Textures Dont Hesitate To Ask!

ftDubz

You have my support to keep working! I sincerely hope you find the time to pick away at this project, because you will be making so many people happy!

If I could help in any way I would, but sadly I don't know anything about retexturing a game.

You can do it! I will keep checking back every so often :)

OP
Nelde

Nelde

Still alive...

I actually wanted to show off my finally finished Toad Town, but when I loaded every texture into the game, 1964 decided simply not to show some of my textures.
Until I've figured out what's the problem, enjoy the only place I could find where every texture was shown correctly...

npmscreen14.png

OP
Nelde

Nelde

Thanks, Djipi. That means a lot to me coming from you :D

So, I figured out what some part of the problem was (twin files) and the other part just disappeared by itself. That means I present you now not one, not two, not three (and so on) but 9 images of Toad Town:

npmscreen15.png

Toad Town!

npmscreen16.png

That's a lot of books...

npmscreen17.png

Toad Town's main square. With the post office visible in the background (Postamt is its German name, btw)

npmscreen18.png

The station at half past one. ;)

npmscreen19.png

A house in the nobler part of the town. I think it's cute that it's owned by two female Toads, regardless of what their relation may be. :D

npmscreen20.png

Three kids playing on a lawn.

npmscreen21.png

The Club 64, the town's only bar. Now owned by a Bean.

npmscreen22.png

The post office.

npmscreen23.png

And now I should probably do what Mario does and go to bed...