What's new

Pokemon Heartgold Soul Silver emulation

mikoyan

Hey I'm new to the forms here and I just wanted to ask a question.
I've tried to emulate pokemon heartgold and soulsilver about two months ago however I haven't had much success.
Usually I ended up running into problems of it crashing when I entered a new room , or entered a battle. I've also tried to patch it as well. but that only worked for a little while. And Although I never got very far I also have heard accounts of it crashing after a certain event, like the third gym leader.

I currently just want to ask the community what is the best emulator or way to emulate Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold.

And what is the best version of the rom file.

I'm not asking for links to files or anything I just want the names of these programs or rom files and a general idea of whats the best way to go.

Thanks

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You haven't said anything about what emulator you've used in the past. Also, don't expect DS emulation to be flawless.

OP
M

mikoyan

The emulator that I used in the past was dsemume along with the english versions of the pokemon heart gold/soul silver rom (not the language patched japanese).

I don't expect DS emulation to be flawless i just want to find one that's passable , I can tolerate graphical glitches and the occassional crash, however I really can't have it crashing ever 20 actions or after a certain point in the game.