A Different Freeze Problem on Desmume about Pokemon Soul Silver
Well, i got an interesting problem. Not like "black screen coming up after i chose boy" but a different one. Well i start the game, pick boy and everything, including pokemon. Firstly i wanted to use cheats but Desmume said "error can't load save into state" or something like this. I searched the forums and find a solution, delete application.ini. I did it and solved my problem but i have different one now (this problem i'm about to tell occured before the action codes anyway) Well, after a while, like 5 mins, game freezes in a interesting way. Game screen frozes and i can only press the touchscreen scheck button on the right corner
and sometimes an area in the game goes black and i cannot move there.
It could be a cheat related problem? Maybe there is an issue in the cheat engine in desmume, or the cheat itself is bad or has side effects?
i think so too. because i searched all internet too see if i could come up with a solution and i've never seen such a problem.
I Have the Exact Same THING! Mine happened when I was going through the first town. When I saw that Black Patch I thought it was some kinda quest then I went to talk to someone and it froze...
I talked to this guy when it froze T.T
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I FOUND A WAY TO CURE IT!!!! BUT IT'S A PAINSTAKINGLY SLOW PROCESS THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE GAME...
If you encounter any hang, black spots just like the picture above, or your character's sprite(image) is not right, or anything that is not right for that matter... DO NOT go into any house, open the pokemon party window or anything that has to do with having the whole screen to turn black momentarily(e.g. going inside a building). INSTEAD, SAVE your game and restart the whole game. The load file will be there and you can continue as normal. =)
I'd advise you to save screenshots once in a while (SHIFT + F1/F2/F3....)
Last edited by cutesakura; June 9th, 2010 at 16:03.
August 25th, 2010, 23:07
Having the same problem but in a different area
The game freezes after the girl demos on how to catch a pokemon. I dont know whats going on.
December 11th, 2011, 22:15
Bumping this because it's the first mention I've had of somebody having the same problem as me. Everything else I've looked up has been about the no$gba black-screen issue.
Some more information:
- This is not an area-specific issue, I've had it occur in multiple places (after restarting the game).
- The black area mentioned in the OP appears to be the edge of the area that had loaded when the issue occurred. If you run back along the path in the other direction you'll find another area of black nothingness that way.
- The game does not seem to freeze while running the other way, but in order to progress you must go back to where the issue occurred, and you will still freeze.
- Going into a building and then exiting again will fix the black zone line, allowing you to adventure further, but will not stop the inevitable freeze.
- After coming out of the building the icons for all your menu options are not displayed, but the words still are. You can run around like this for a little while, but it will still freeze shortly.
- I do not have any cheats on my emulator, so this issue does not appear to be caused by a bugged cheat.
- The "fix" listed in this thread does not work. Your game will not freeze in the exact same place after reloading, allowing you to technically keep playing by saving every few seconds and reloading when it crashes. However, once you reload it will still crash within a minute of moving around, if it even lasts that long.
- The game will only crash while you're moving. Loading a file that's about to freeze and simply standing there allows you to keep the game running indefinitely, but as soon as you start moving again it freezes just as it would've anyway. The number of steps it takes a pre-glitchy file to freeze does not appear to be consistent between loads.
- If you encounter a wild pokemon while this issue is taking place the game will not freeze during the battle. It appears to only happen while walking.
I don't know much about the coding in emulators/roms specifically, but if I had to guess at the cause I'd say the emulator has stopped reading the rom properly. This would make sense given that the loaded area can still be freely roamed, but no new maps are loading. It would also make sense since going into a building and exiting forces it to reload that area, making the black areas go away. I don't know why it freezes.
Please somebody help
ps. Has anyone had this problem with HeartGold or does it appear specific to SoulSilver?
Last edited by Asiina; December 11th, 2011 at 22:17.
January 6th, 2012, 18:51
Im having the exact same problems..
i dont know what triggers the freezes/crashes, so im sorry to tell i dont have any clue or answer.
perhaps the emulator itself?
i can remember playing soul silver with an older version of Desmume where it worked just fine for me..
even WITH cheats enabled.
perhaps still some freezes/crashes throughout the game, but not as many as of now -using the newer version(s)
just bringing up an idea.
perhaps there's already a fix for this problem,
if there is can anyone please post the solution?
July 22nd, 2012, 11:11
December 2nd, 2012, 19:08
I have also the same problem and have run it as administrator but it keeps freezing its driving me crazy
Please help me
Whatever i do it is impossible for me to progress past a certain battle in "Heartgold"
I have tried restarting, running as admin, exiting and re entering, but no matter what as soon as this person challenges me it freezes on this screen.
Wont let me post a screenshot.