What's new

Mupen64 Ubuntu: Saves + Save States Folder?

sunblade

Mupen64plus Ubuntu: Saves + Save States Folder?

I know this sounds like a stupid question but I have thoroughly searched for the save files and save states with no avail. I have checked the following folders:

/home/[user]/.mupen64plus (Does not exist)
/usr/share/mupen64plus/
/usr/lib/mupen64plus/

I have searched my entire computer for *.eep and *.st0 files with no hits. The weird thing is that mupen64plus is most certainly successfully creating and using both saves and save states. Where it is storing them, I don't know!

Please help!

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
Have you tried running ls -A ~ | grep '^\.' and poking through the results? I haven't run Linux+Mupen64 for a while, but I'd assume it must be somewhere in there if you're able to save when running Mupen as a non-root user. If nothing there looks like a likely candidate I'd also ls -A ~/.config and see if there's anything in there.

Don't worry though - obviously someone knows where the files are kept; I'm just making a suggestion on where to look until one of them comes along.

OP
S

sunblade

Thanks for the recommendation. The command "ls -A ~/.config" reminded me that I have checked the following folder:

~/.config/mupen64plus (this one does exist)

I forgot to list this folder. In any case, there are only plugin and config files there. No *.eep or *.st0 files. I've checked for hidden files too.

Hopefully somebody will be able to clarify where these files are being stored...

powered_by_tux

Hello,

Mupen64Plus 1.5 (the latest version from Ubuntu repos) stores its saves in ~/.local/share/mupen64plus/save

Greetz, powered_by_tux :linux:

OP
S

sunblade

Hello,

Mupen64Plus 1.5 (the latest version from Ubuntu repos) stores its saves in ~/.local/share/mupen64plus/save

Greetz, powered_by_tux :linux:

The saves and save states are there. Thanks for posting it.

Now I have two questions:
1) Where could I have found this information online or in some documentation in the absence of this forum? (surely it's written somehwere...)
2) Why would a (Gnome) search in my home folder (with hidden files shown) for "eep", ".eep", "st0" or ".st0" not return anything?

It would be nice to know this.

Richard42

Emulator Developer
I have created a new wiki page here which explains all the details of where Mupen64Plus looks for various files:

http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/wiki/FileLocations

I know this thing is horribly complicated and I don't really like it, but if I do anything to simplify it then someone will complain about their arcane configuration not working. So we're stuck with this complexity.