What's new

project 64 issues

Toasty

Sony battery
Forum requirements for members of over three years, in order of importance (from least to greatest):
  • Understanding the technicalities of HLE
  • Posting at least once a year in the "Is Martin still around?" thread
  • Not acting like a conceited sap when correcting someone

Toasty

Sony battery
When it's blatantly intentional, perhaps. But how is that a productive use of your time and energy when the person was simply misinformed?

@OP: A progress report would help to get this thread back on topic.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
When it's blatantly intentional, perhaps. But how is that a productive use of your time and energy when the person was simply misinformed?

Impossible to be misinformed on such issues. This was a blatant result of not doing his research.

Toasty

Sony battery
As long as you're reading everyone's mind, why don't you tell us if the OP has resolved his problem yet or not.

squall_leonhart

1. when running adjust game aspect to match yours, i get wierd graphical glitches in some games

not a bug.

2. wtf?! majoras mask got deleted, now i have to start all over again, even though i was just completing stone tower temple. been playing all this way straight and then it deletes my game??!

Lack of Elevated privledges with UAC enabled.

3. did the same in pokemon stadium, after completing the libary and school class tests, and getting all the medals, its now gone.

Same as above

4. random crashes in games, for example in ocarina of time, when i emptied the well the game froze

Read the GameFAQ

As long as you're reading everyone's mind, why don't you tell us if the OP has resolved his problem yet or not.

none of these issues are anything special, nor are they uncommon.

OP
U

Ultimatium

Aw, it seems as my majora's mask savefile is gone again. It was working yesterday, and i had made it all the way to the final boss in the stone tower temple, but now it's gone again, just like last time. It would be good if we could get a concrete solution for this problem. I have already made sure that my savefolder isn't being marked as read-only, and the savefile has been left untouched right from the beginning.

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
Have you looked into squall's suggestion that this is UAC getting in the way? Among other things, UAC will make system files/folders (such as those that PJ64 writes to by default) read-only to normal users. If you're on Windows Vista or Windows 7, I'd say it has about a 99% chance of being your problem.

If you're running PJ64 as a regular user, I'd make sure that you've set PJ64's save directory to a place where you have permission to write files (IE, somewhere within your user folder). If you run PJ64 as an administrator, you should have no trouble saving/reading to/from PJ64's default save location, so long as you consistently run PJ64 as an administrator.

OP
U

Ultimatium

thanks for the reply. I'll try to explain as best as i can.. I'm running XP Home SP 3. I'm logged in as 'administrator', and i do not know what UAC is... also the savefiles are being stored in a folder called "'save" which is placed in the PJ64 map.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

are you exiting the emulator properly?

running any antivirus software?

if the file is corrupting, its doing so because of something in your system configuration.

OP
U

Ultimatium

The savefile just went back again today.. hmm strange. Anyways: when i exit the emulator, i first start by saving by either playing the song of time or saving at an owl statue. Then after it has saved, i press F12 to exit the game to the menu with the list of games... am i doing something wrong here?

Last edited:
OP
U

Ultimatium

hi there, I'm currently playing TLOZ:MM again, and it works fine so far. I'll check with the 2-instances-opened-at-the-same-time problem if I'll encounter problems with my savefile again. Ok, so i managed to beat the game, Majoras mask is a very nice game btw. The only problems that i could not solve is:

• graphical glitch when it switches from day to night and vise versa, ( glitch begins when the window is minimizing ) - leaving "adjust game aspect ratio to match yours" off did not solve it.
  • Pictobox make a blinding flash and the screen freezes white when you use it, regardless of where you use it.
  • Savefiles dissapear, but could possibly be me that had two PJ64 running at the same time.

PS: is it possible to move the savefiles over to say a usb flash drive and play them on a different pc that also has PJ64?

Ok, so i managed to beat the game, Majoras mask is a very nice game btw.

The only problems that i could not solve is:

1. graphical glitch when it switches from day to night and vise versa, ( glitch begins when the window is minimizing ) - leaving "adjust game aspect ratio to match yours" off did not solve it.

2. Pictobox make a blinding flash and the screen freezes white when you use it, regardless of where you use it.

3. Savefiles dissapear, but could possibly be me that had two PJ64 running at the same time.

PS: is it possible to move the savefiles over to say a usb flash drive and play them on a different pc that also has PJ64?

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
You installed Glide64, but did you configure PJ64 to use it instead of Jabo's graphics plugin?

OP
U

Ultimatium

I selected Glide64 in the settings, but now my graphics are completely messed up. However, the 'blinding flash' that it used to make everytime i opened the menu in ocarina of time is now gone.

Last edited: