What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

[ScaleUp] ScaleUp your textures with a Hotkey!

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
Hi everyone.
It is a real pity, that i have not the time - at the moment - to work on my textures.
But i have code this little script. Nothing world-shattered but it saves time and guarantees better workflow.
So have fun, requests and bug report are warmly welcome.

ScaleUp

jsxlogo.png

scaleup.png

Description:
Scales up you (dumb)textures to 4x, 8x or 16x of the original size using just a Hotkey.

How to use:
Just record a new Action (set Hotkey) and start the script in Photoshop.
Save the action and use it with the Hotkey you have chosen before, whenever you need.

Features:
- ScaleUp textures to 4x, 8x or 16x
- Remember the last chosen scale option
- Now the archive goes with a ReadMe

Copyright:
© by Mr.Wolna ([email protected])

Download:
ScaleUp 1.1
ScaleUp 1.0

This script is coded and tested in Adobe Photoshop CS3. So as i wrote above bug report (especially for the other Photoshop versions) is really welcome and wished.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
thank you,

1.1 is up! check out the features section for news.

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
hey hows about adding it to the menu file/scripts/ScaleUp?

hot keys are cool, but it takes longer to find the path
where as a menu under scripts is right there.
just a suggestion

EDIT: nevermind i found that if you ad the file to (Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Presets\Scripts\ScaleUp1.0)
it works this way

Last edited:
Could you port this to Gimp? If so that would be awesome. I tested it in photoshop and it's pretty nifty, but I prefer Gimp. So if it's your power and you have the time. :) I know gimp handles Photopshops paint brushes but I'm not so sure about scripts

Good work dude, kaizoku roof.

OP
M

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
hey hows about adding it to the menu file/scripts/ScaleUp?

hot keys are cool, but it takes longer to find the path
where as a menu under scripts is right there.
just a suggestion

it works this way

Sorry i do not understand the problem. When you use this script - as i recommend - as a recorded action you only have to set the script ONE Time, then you can open it each time you want, with only pressing a defined button. Is definitive faster then during the PS Dialog. But it is on your own HOW to use it, the record think is just my way/method and recommendation.

And yes, when you put to PS presets you have the script direct in the PS Dialog.

Could you port this to Gimp? If so that would be awesome. I tested it in photoshop and it's pretty nifty, but I prefer Gimp. So if it's your power and you have the time. :) I know gimp handles Photopshops paint brushes but I'm not so sure about scripts

Good work dude, kaizoku roof.

Thank you.

Sorry bro, never used GIMP (i do not really like the GUI) i know that GIMP also support scripts, but witch syntax i have to look. No promises, but maybe in the nearly future.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
sorry for the miscommunication

nevermind. :)

@kaizokuroof

just look at gimp. Sorry no chance for this (at least not from my side).

1. The Syntax is complete different. (To much time needed to get familiar).

2. I do not have time to support version updates for BOTH Gimp and Photoshop.

I am really sorry, but i think this one will available exclusive for Adobe Photoshop Users.

Anyway thanks for the interest. I can comfort you, in nearly versions i planned a batch ScaleUp. so you can scale up your dump textures with Photoshop and then work with the scaled up files in gimp, if you prepare the tool more ;) (an other reason why i think GIMP support is not really necessary.)

@both:
Guys what versions of PS you are using? Script works fine? No problems wit the (G)UI ?

Greetings,
Mr.Wolna

Last edited:
I have CS3 and 4, Yet to test on CS4 but I will give it a whirl soon.

No problems with not porting it to gimp, just food for thought really. I just like Gimp for it's simplicity.

OP
M

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
feedback, if tested on cs 4 please;)

@gimp port. as i said in next releases you would apple to mass scale up, and then use the textures with gimp for editing. ;)

OP
M

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
so whats up guys? something new? you think it is a sticky worth? ;) nobody tested yet? i mean except the guys already posted.

OP
M

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
yes, but why?^^
i mean retexturing means scale UP not down. I do not see a useful thing in this, sry.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
:flowers: sry 4 late reply

say you are working with tiny spirits 64x32 as i am.
i would like to keep them 64x32 so i scale them up to (256x128) edit them and when i am done i scale them back down again.

if you don't want to update your plugin i can understand
however if you decide to update to 1.2
this would be a nice feature.

chaoszerox

hires_texture
Doesn't this do the same thing as recording this

image > image size > percent > 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400

and saving it as a hotkey in photoshop?