What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Majoras Mask (Redux){Revenile}[Heroshade]

Hey everyone.

Just thought I'd make a thread here for Majora's Mask (Redux) Project, from Homebrewheaven. This site seems to have a little more action than HH. Can find thread here: http://www.homebrewheaven.net/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=8230

If you were curious.

I'll be posting all work so far.

MMRT1.jpg

The game sections are devided up as thus

Interface/menues - Heroshade - No longer active on the project, anyone willing to take over would be appreciated
Clocktown - Kaizoku roof
Termina Field - Kaizoku roof
Woodfall area (including the Deku Palace) - Kaizoku roof
Snowhead area -
Great Bay area -
Ikana Canyon/Stone Tower area -
The Moon (inside and out) -
NPC's/Link -

DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
here is the most current pack, as of the 09/07/12: http://www.mediafire.com/?rk61q7fed6e0o07

I will update this first post when I have more information.

Thanks, Kaizoku roof

Hey :D Here are all mine posted in the order they were in the HH thread. Thanks.

Clocktown1_Original.jpg

Clocktown1_Original.jpg

Clocktown1_Mine.jpg

Clocktown2_Original.jpg

Clocktown2_Mine.jpg

Fullscreen%20capture%2010212009%20125826%20AM.jpg

Fullscreen%20capture%2010212009%2010653%20AM.jpg

Fullscreen%20capture%2010212009%20125839%20AM.jpg

Fullscreen%20capture%2010212009%2010639%20AM.jpg

Just a note from here: A few textures that Are Dijips have slipped into these screens, very sorry for that. I'm yet to get rid of them. I hope no harm is done and if there is any problem I will remove the screens and upload new ones. I have tried to point out what isnt mine. Thanks.

Fullscreen%20capture%2012272009%20110733%20AM.bmp.jpg

ORIGINAL!

Fullscreen%20capture%2012272009%20110716%20AM.jpg

AFTER. NOTE******* Mask texture on balloon isn't mine. Roof texture.

Fullscreen%20capture%2012272009%20111017%20AM.jpg

ORIGINAL!

Fullscreen%20capture%2012272009%20111029%20AM.jpg

AFTER. NOTE************* Plant texture isn't mine.

Fullscreen%20capture%2012272009%20111225%20AM.jpg

ORIGINAL!

Fullscreen%20capture%2012272009%20111217%20AM.jpg

AFTER.

Thanks I will get around to upload *PURE* screens but as of yet I'd like to do a little more.

Thanks all comments welcome please do not post unrelated things here. PM me if you would like me to remove the screens.

Regards, Kaizoku roof

Edit: New Textures:
ZELDAMAJORASMASK-1-3.png

ZELDAMAJORASMASK-3-3.png

ZELDAMAJORASMASK-5-3.png

ZELDAMAJORASMASK-9-2.png

ZELDAMAJORASMASK-5-2.png

Last edited:
OP
K

kaizokuroof

Pirate
Heroshades work Thus far.

Some screens may be old and not current, yet to confirm with Heroshade and Revenile.

The pictures are posted in order of what they were posted in the HH thread.

zeldamajorasmask12.png

zeldamajorasmask16.png

zeldamajorasmask17.png

zeldamajorasmask21.png

zeldamajorasmask9.png

zeldamajorasmask10.png

zeldamajorasmask9d8f7b6.png

zeldamajorasmask2eccc6c.png

zeldamajorasmask5704075.png

zeldamajorasmask15a2863.png

zeldamajorasmask075d294.png

zeldamajorasmask22.png

zeldamajorasmask23.png

zeldamajorasmask24.png

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RQAV2VDH - Link for pack so far.

Will update more later when more screens avaliable. Thanks. All work poosted above done my Heroshade.

Last edited by a moderator:

death--droid

Personally i don't like the style of many of the textures.
They stray way to far from the original ones and don't really seem to fit in.

OP
K

kaizokuroof

Pirate
Thanks timewarp, Heroshade did do a great job on the interface. I can see where your coming from Death--droid. Some of the textures, I don't like myself, I think I'll have a 2nd attempt at them.

revenile

Wow, over a month since the last post? Ok here's the scoop, we are still at work on the project, Real Life and some technical hiccups have slowed us down, but we're still going, the next batch of screens I get will be posted here.

Spyrosc86

Hello this is my first post in this forum and I would like to ask what is the best plugin to use with Majora's Mask to not only have the hi res textures, but have the best performance as well.. I have made some tests (to my pc only) with Rice's Video Build 6.1.3.DX9 and 6.1.4 plugins.. I have found the following results:

6.1.3-DX9: I have made 2 tweaks to the ini file's Majora's Mask section. I have put FrameBufferEmulation=5
RenderToTexture=4
so I can at least see the opening movie and the rest of the cutscenes that have motion blur (which shows the mask rotating with the motion blur effect that the game has) but I only see it WITHOUT the motion blur effect (well it's still better than the black screen)..

There are two problems with this version of the plugin. The first problem is the scene where Zelda teaches you the Song Of Time. It shows only the text.

The second one is that every time I try to go from full screen to windowed mode, it crashes and i see in the bottom left corner of the emulator (I'm using Project 64)
a message saying "Cannot initialize DX8. check your Direct Settings"

Version 6.1.4: I have made this to work only in windowed mode because when I go to full screen mode i get REALLY low FPS (my laptop has a dual core processor of 2.26ghz a Ram of 3gb and i have geforce9600gt graphs card, so i guess it's not that). Apart from that, it produces the motion blur effect perfectly if i choose N64 Frame Buffer Emulation : Write Back every frame and Rendering to Texture Emulation : Write back and Reload (except the scene with Zelda again where some rubbish black and white textures are shown)

But the problem is that most of the time it crashes before even showing the Nintendo 64 logo (the screen somewhat flashes for some moments and it doesn't do anything) with those settings on, even in windowed mode.

So to conclude I try to play it with the 6.1.3 version in full Screen praying I don't get any pop up messages or something that will force the pc to go out of the full screen, thus crashing the game

PS. I know that it works almost perfectly with Jabo's v1.6 plugin but I can't load hi res textures in Jabo's...and sorry for the huge post!

steftheserb

spyro, just use 1964 video its the newest version of rice video. the plugins you mentioned are outdated. i can play this game perfectly with 1964 video with no glitches so your better of using that. also try using the newest version of 1964 instead of pj64 as i had loads of problems with pj64 aswell

OP
K

kaizokuroof

Pirate
You could try out glide, all the textures I've done work in glide. Not sure about heroshades. but just give it a go.

Spyrosc86

Thanks for the quick reply, although I made it work 100% perfectly by using the latest version of Glide 64..

The only minor problem is that with zelda ocarina of time, since the texture pack i have is over 600 mb it crashes after i load it, so i had to remove many textures to make it work (it's now about 150 mb and also it doesn't load some of the textures i have put, so i see the default ones on those.. Can anyone confirm that it works with the 1964 emulator?

Also i have the 6.1.9 version of Aristotle's (rice's) plugin but i really have no clue on how to install it. There are two folders in the rar file

1st one is named "Release" and the 2nd is named "Source".. Where should I extract those files?? There are no instructions whatsoever...

Looking forward to a quick reply again...Thank you in advance

Spyrosc86

Ok i tried it and still have the same results as in 6.1.4 v.. It can't produce the framebuffer effect at all. (no black screen, i just see the mask rotating without the effect whereas i saw it perfectly with Glide). Also, if I select "write back every frame" on the n64 framebuffer emulation (in the default or current game options tab), it crashes on the beggining. So, If it works for you (or anyone) please upload your settings. ( I have tested it with both Pj64 v1,6 and 1964 v1,1 and got the same results)

Thank you

EDIT: It seems that the textures that "could not be loaded" were actually some textures with the same names (because I have made a custom pack , based on various textures I found on the net), so it was basically my mistake. Still can't solve the 1964/Rice video problem, but since it works perfectly with Glide, it really doesn't matter. As for the problem with the crashes on the 600mb (not my custom) pack, I don't know.. Maybe a texture or two are colliding with each other or something.

So to conclude. 99% problem solved!

Last edited:

OniLink13

Could you send me this pack as i can't download it from Megaupload as it's been shutdown and i love the pack

OP
K

kaizokuroof

Pirate
Hi guys, I do have my part of the file, which MAY have Heroshades as well, I'll dig through my folders for you, I know they're on a failing HDD somewhere. :)

P.S: I really appreciate the kind feedback, I may even have a crack at continuing this project, as I've recently found myself with some free time.

airwide

Looks great kaizo! A project well worth continuing.
I like the colours a lot. More realistic without
loosing the fantasy/adventure feeling to it. Big up!

OP
K

kaizokuroof

Pirate
Looks great kaizo! A project well worth continuing.
I like the colours a lot. More realistic without
loosing the fantasy/adventure feeling to it. Big up!

It's comments like these that keep me working ever so slowly :3 Just for you I dug up the files and uploaded them to my premium Mediafire account, as long as we don't have another megaupload fiasco, we should be good :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?rk61q7fed6e0o07

The pack so far contains most/all of Heroshades part and the majority of my clocktown textures. Keep in mind I've learned a lot more since begging this pack, so I feel the need to touch up on some of the textures. Anyways, enjoy and I hope to post more updates soon :)

P.S: Anyone interested in contributing, just hit me up or post your work here. Just keep in mind the feel that the project is trying to achieve :)

MasterGunz2345

Funny because I just started playing Majora's Mask on my Wii since i never really gave this game a try, just couldn't really get into it like Ocarina Of Time. I do have it on my computer along with the Project 64, so i am definitely going to give this texture pack a try, thanks for the link dude ;)