What's new

UltraHLE 2064 source code

Jelta

Any chance of getting to release the source of UHLE 2064.
I was patched to many games.
but some games are hard to fix apply patch.
I want to fix core issues.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I don't think you'll have much luck in getting the source code, seeing how the developers are nowhere to be found, and the homepage has long since died.

Then again, this is just my opinion. I'm more interested in asking why would anyone do anything with a variant of UltraHLE that nearly everybody stopped using 6 years ago.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jelta

I don't think you'll have much luck in getting the source code, seeing how the developers are nowhere to be found, and the homepage has long since died.

Then again, this is just my opinion. I'm more interested in asking why would anyone do anything with a variant of UltraHLE that nearly everybody stopped using 6 years ago.

A game status is "Not working".
I found and apply patchs.
If patchs are correctly, improve game status "Intro works" or "Playable!"
It's interesting.

Remote

There is probaly no source for UHLE 2064, hacked version of the original...

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
There is probaly no source for UHLE 2064, hacked version of the original...
If I'm not very much mistaken, that's SupraHLE you're referring to. UltraHLE Alpha and UltraHLE 2064 are based on the leaked source code of UltraHLE that popped up all those years ago.

weinerschnitzel

Surreal64 Nut
Gravebump.

I want to split UHLE into a zilmar spec emulator, or at least support audio plugins. Source code for UltraHLE 2064 and its native plugins will save a lot of headache of reinventing the wheel.

Hacktarux, did you ever find this?

F

Fanatic 64

It was never found, and why would you want to work on a 15 years old emulator?

weinerschnitzel

Surreal64 Nut
Because I want to play Goldeneye full speed on 13 year old hardware. Using a separate audio plugin from what is included with UHLE is necessary to prevent an audio related crash in Goldeneye. UHLE 2064 has the plugin spec and some other optimizations.

Please let someone who can vouch for the source code's whereabouts tell me if it's been found or not.

Advice on splitting the sound code off into a plugin would be great help if source code can't be found.

And literally it's just for Goldeneye.

weinerschnitzel

Surreal64 Nut
I did manage to dig up the link to the source code for UHLE Alpha from archive.org. Unfortunately I'll still need to figure the audio plugin portion as UHLE Alpha only split off GFX and input. There are some solid core bug fixes though! I'll go over a diff after work today and bring in what I can. Thanks microdev!

I thought Knuckles and ShadowPrince were Alpha guys? Can't hurt asking them if they happen to have a copy of it.

Quvack

I've got a copy of the source for UltraHLE 2064 but my part in the project was fairly minimal code wise; you'd be needing the permission of all the other dev's before that could be released :)

You're better off using the more modern/accurate emulators really, even if the requirements are slightly higher for those :)

F

Fanatic 64

Because I want to play Goldeneye full speed on 13 year old hardware. Using a separate audio plugin from what is included with UHLE is necessary to prevent an audio related crash in Goldeneye. UHLE 2064 has the plugin spec and some other optimizations.

Please let someone who can vouch for the source code's whereabouts tell me if it's been found or not.

Advice on splitting the sound code off into a plugin would be great help if source code can't be found.

And literally it's just for Goldeneye.
You'll be better off getting a new PC, any current cheap computer will do better than such an old PC.

And some of the developers of UltraHLE 2064 have disappeared for nearly a decade, so it would be nearly impossible to contact them all for permission.

weinerschnitzel

Surreal64 Nut
I got a response from Hacktarux between visits, but he hasn't emailed me with any recovered source. I figured it was on a 13 year old machine (joke) and he never got time to dig it up. I hope that's blessing enough, because that's all I'm likely ever going to get. I don't think the other developers would be upset if the source came out, considering it's is based on unlicensed code that just appeared.

I was hoping 1964 1.1 would be a silver bullet for fullspeed GoldenEye on the original xbox. With recent progress on the 1.1 port, it proves to be not quite as fast as old UltraHLE. PJ64 1.6 doesn't do enough justice either. Those emulators work excellent for everything else but GoldenEye. UltraHLE, however, suffers a critical audio related crash when you trigger enough sounds, especially rockets/death sequences. 2064's plugin spec solves this problem.

UltraHLE Alpha changes have only a little bit to do with emulation. I see most changes related to the interface, and the smaller emulation changes don't help with audio. meh. :/

Thanks for the responses.

Last edited: