What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Rice Plugin gives error when trying to load hi textures

OP
E

errorjack

Well, as I stated before, arrogance & offence don't make anyone help you.

If I am asking these things I don't do it for making fun of you. It's a systematic approach for locating the source of your problem. If you don't want help, don't ask. But if you want someone to help you, you have to follow our approach.

Thus, if you want help, answer my questions. It's as simple as that.

microdev

Well I know your nothing going to help me so gtfo and stop posting.

death--droid

errorjack you know Microdev is probably one of the only people who could fix your problem if it is related to the code in Rice Video since I most likely wouldn't be able to figure out why.

OP
E

errorjack

If you're going to be an ungrateful asshole, then leave.

What the fuck do you mean ungrateful. You even didn't help me with anything. Well I might as well as give up because you idiots don't know. Don't even read all the fucking posts and already like WHATS YOUR EMULATOR. God fucking retards.

The Dave

Wow errorjack, just wow.

Amazingly many people here tried to help you, they really shouldn't have. In fact several people, including myself, could probably eventually get your problem to work if you were, at all, willing to work with them. Instead all of your responses have been extremely negative and derogatory.

In fact, on a message board that has been moving very slowly over the course of the last month since most of this work is the progress of people who are doing this on the side, you labeled everyone an asshole for not immediately helping you.

So when it comes to the internet, you're essentially a fat kid screaming, crying to his mom that he's hungry, and pissing himself because he can't get off his own fat ass and do a single thing on his own; or be polite. I know you're going to probably respond with something hilarious like "GTFO", but you should really just go away. No one's going to help you, because then they would really have to be an asshole to help you out after the way you've treated everyone.

OP
E

errorjack

Wow errorjack, just wow.

Amazingly many people here tried to help you, they really shouldn't have. In fact several people, including myself, could probably eventually get your problem to work if you were, at all, willing to work with them. Instead all of your responses have been extremely negative and derogatory.

In fact, on a message board that has been moving very slowly over the course of the last month since most of this work is the progress of people who are doing this on the side, you labeled everyone an asshole for not immediately helping you.

So when it comes to the internet, you're essentially a fat kid screaming, crying to his mom that he's hungry, and pissing himself because he can't get off his own fat ass and do a single thing on his own; or be polite. I know you're going to probably respond with something hilarious like "GTFO", but you should really just go away. No one's going to help you, because then they would really have to be an asshole to help you out after the way you've treated everyone.

Lol I am an ass because you fags take so long to fucking answer. Sure, I know you where helping me but really, FUCKING 3 WEEKS TO HELP ME. Pisses me off.

Who the fuck says I am a fat kid you idiot, I know that because you never seen a picture of me.Stop describing your life. I was polite untill he posted stupidness about what my emulator is when I said project 64. No you wouldn't know I would respond with GTFO because I don't follow stupidity that you think is funny. Why would I be nice to a shit load of retards? :batman:

death--droid

Errorjack it has only being 2 weeks, the fact you got at least some posts on this forum is surprising months can go by and a topic wouldn't of gotten a reply.
But i think now after you offended like 5 active members I don't think your going to be getting any more help.

EDIT:
Also you might want to look at the rules.
DO NOT!

* Ask where to download ROMs, ISOs or BIOSes
* Provide direct links to ROMs, ISOs or BIOSes.
* Provide links to websites that link to ROMs, ISOs or BIOSes.
* Ask how to rip ISOs.
* Request the source code of an emulator.
* Post in any language other than English.
* Insult people, advertise or spam.
* Write in CAPITAL LETTERS.
* Double post.
* Ask to be a moderator.
* Pretend to be a moderator, or act as though you are a moderator.
* Ask to be a betatester.
* Ask when a new version of an emulator will be released.
* Ask for status updates of an emulator.
* Revive dead topics, if a thread is several months old there is no good reason to drag it back up.

Last edited:
OP
E

errorjack

Errorjack it has only being 2 weeks, the fact you got at least some posts on this forum is surprising months can go by and a topic wouldn't of gotten a reply.
But i think now after you offended like 5 active members I don't think your going to be getting any more help.

EDIT:
Also you might want to look at the rules.

Lol fucking nigger, your spamming, BAN HAMMER FOR YOU

death--droid

I never said you were spamming, i was referring to this part of the rule.
Insult people,

Anyway since I just want to fix the problem i looked more into the error message you were getting and it means the textures are over 1024 * the size of the original dumped image(extreme texture replication) that's why we need you to post a link to the hires texture pack you downloaded so we can try and figure out why.
It may be a problem with the video plugins and the oot debug rom so can you try it with a normal oot rom please and see if it works with that.

I will continue to help if you don't insult me ;)

Last edited:
OP
E

errorjack

I never said you were spamming, i was referring to this part of the rule.

Anyway since I just want to fix the problem i looked more into the error message you were getting and it means the textures are over 1024 * the size of the original dumped image(extreme texture replication) that's why we need you to post a link to the hires texture pack you downloaded so we can try and figure out why.
It may be a problem with the video plugins and the oot debug rom so can you try it with a normal oot rom please and see if it works with that.

I will continue to help if you don't insult me ;)

Ok, I will stop being stupid. Ok, I tried a normal rom, it works! But how come it doesn't work on debug rom?

EDIT: I might have found out, The textures in all of the files in the debug rom have the name THE LEGEND OF ZELDA but my rom is called THE LEGEND OF DEBUG. I might have to hex edit the name to THE LEGEND OF ZELDA and will see if it works.

EDIT2: AWESOME!!! IT WORKS ON DEBUG NOW!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
The debug rom only works properly on Jabo's Dx6 1.5.2. On any other plugin you will get exception errors and crashes. So keep that in mind if you do get crashes.