What's new

rice plugin compilation issue

calvino

Hi, everyone

i'm actually working on slight improvements of rice plugin that i'll share with people who are interested in those as soon as possible, but i'm confronted to a problem which drives me insane when i try to link the project:

1>------ Build started: Project: RiceVideo, Configuration: ReleaseDX9 Win32 ------
1>Linking...
1> Creating library /plugin/RiceVideoDX9.lib and object /plugin/RiceVideoDX9.exp
1>TextureFilters.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @FreeBMGImage@4 referenced in function "bool __fastcall LoadRGBBufferFromPNGFile(char *,unsigned char * *,int &,int &,int)" (?LoadRGBBufferFromPNGFile@@YI_NPADPAPAEAAH2H@Z)
1>TextureFilters.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @ReadPNG@8 referenced in function "bool __fastcall LoadRGBBufferFromPNGFile(char *,unsigned char * *,int &,int &,int)" (?LoadRGBBufferFromPNGFile@@YI_NPADPAPAEAAH2H@Z)
1>TextureFilters.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @ReadJPEG@8 referenced in function "bool __fastcall LoadRGBBufferFromJPEGFile(char *,unsigned char * *,int &,int &,int)" (?LoadRGBBufferFromJPEGFile@@YI_NPADPAPAEAAH2H@Z)
1>Render.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @WritePNG@36 referenced in function "bool __fastcall SaveRGBBufferToFile(char *,unsigned char *,int,int,int)" (?SaveRGBBufferToFile@@YI_NPADPAEHHH@Z)
1>Render.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @WriteJPEG@40 referenced in function "bool __fastcall SaveRGBBufferToFile(char *,unsigned char *,int,int,int)" (?SaveRGBBufferToFile@@YI_NPADPAEHHH@Z)
1>Render.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @InitBMGImage@4 referenced in function "bool __fastcall SaveRGBBufferToFile(char *,unsigned char *,int,int,int)" (?SaveRGBBufferToFile@@YI_NPADPAEHHH@Z)
1>/plugin/RiceVideoDX9.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals
1>Project : warning PRJ0018 : The following environment variables were not found:
1>$(Emu1964Dir)
1>Build log was saved at "file://e:\Docs\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\RiceVideoDX9\ReleaseDX9\BuildLog.htm"
1>RiceVideo - 7 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

these errors seems to suggest that BMGLib.lib isn't provided to the linker but when i check the list of libs provided, BMGLib.lib appears in the list.. i just can't see what is wrong here

i checked on google for someone with a similar issue but all i got was:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=46949&page=7 (first post)

where the poster states further in the post that his "solution" for that issue was to remove every call statements to those methods =]

can anyone save my day and point me to any workaround to get that working?

thanks a lot!

microdev

The error means that the linker is unable to find BMGlib.lib.

I'm not sure, what you mean with "the list of libs provided". Did you add the path to BMGlib.lib under options/VC++-directories/library-files? If yes, does BMGlib.lib exist under the provided path?

The path should be <your path to the source code>\1964Video\lib