What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

[Question] Creating Highres Textures for Pack

Swimy

Ok, So i'm getting kinda frustrated, not being able to figure out what to use to "recreate" the textures. I know how to dump the textures. Where do i put the texture so It will get loaded corretly. Any Advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm wanting to help on the OOT repack. But this is holding me back :(

steftheserb

in your plugin folder you need to make a folder called "Hires_Texture" and inside that you need to make a folder with the same name as the roms internal name so for OoT the folder should be called "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA"and you need to put the textures in there

OP
S

Swimy

in your plugin folder you need to make a folder called "Hires_Texture" and inside that you need to make a folder with the same name as the roms internal name so for OoT the folder should be called "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA"and you need to put the textures in there

Thanks, but that really doesnt awnser my question.

I am wanting to create the textures and contribute to a pack.(OOT)

• What format does the texture need to be in?
  • What Size(resolution) does it have to have?
  • What does the name of the File have to be?
  • Which directory do i take it from in my Texture_dump folder?
  • How do you create high resolution textures?
  • Getting files to show up ingame.

I understand for the most part how to create the texture.
I am fairly talented with Photoshop Cs3. But I am having trouble creating detailed items.
Will i have to re-create them all together?

steftheserb

ah i read the "Where do i put the texture so It will get loaded corretly" bit but i could help with the others

Thanks, but that really doesnt awnser my question.

I am wanting to create the textures and contribute to a pack.(OOT)

• What format does the texture need to be in?

the texture needs to be the same format as the original and its normaly a png

• What Size(resolution) does it have to have?

it can be any resolution as long as it's 2x, 4x,8x,16,32x ect. following that pattern sorry i couldn't explain it better

• What does the name of the File have to be?

the file name has to be the same as the original just in the new folder

• Which directory do i take it from in my Texture_dump folder?

i normaly take mine from folders that have "png" in them although if you are re-texturing the effects then they will be in the other ones

• How do you create high resolution textures?

there are tutorials here and here

• Getting files to show up ingame.

when the files are in the Hire_Texture folder then when you start up the emulator go into the GFX plugin settings and uncheck hide advanced textures. then go to the texture enhancement tab and check the load hires textures if available

my answers are in bold

death--droid

Just thought i would revise on one of steftheserb's answers.

* What Size(resolution) does it have to have?
It should all work fine as long as the texture is a power of 2.

OP
S

Swimy

Thank you very much, both of you guys. I'll get to work here in alittle bit when I finish this paper I have due tomarrow. Shouldnt take long. =)

OP
S

Swimy

Just thought i would revise on one of steftheserb's answers.

* What Size(resolution) does it have to have?
It should all work fine as long as the texture is a power of 2.

Just for a quick test I used the pot texture. It kinda looks the same, but just darker.