What's new

Having Issues Loading Crazy Taxi. On my last hope.

killem2

Hey guys.

I've been trying for about a week now to get the latest version of Chankast to work with crazy taxi. I checked the faq and did all of the following.

I got the bios files downloaded.
I have windows vista 64 bit, I've tried running in compatibility mode for win 2k and win xp. Up doing this I also follow every corresponding change to each type of OS.

My issue is i'm getting the boot up screen showing as if I'm playing a music cd.

Now, the only ISO i have says it is self booting, but that's just because it says it is, how do you tell if it ACTUALLY is?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Most likely another case of Chankasts' poor coding on the CD-ROM plugin's part. Supposedly you're supposed to use Daemon Tools 3.29, which somehow works best with Chankast. Besides, I'm not sure if Chankast even likes Vista, let alone 64-bit Vista, compatibility mode notwithstanding.

Having said that, it's not like you don't have a choice here; why not try another [far better] emulator (like nullDC or Demul) and see if the game boots up properly.

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

Lol, I can't believe you were trying for a week to get anything to work properly on this emulator when you could of just tried with NullDC, Demul or Makeron. I'm fairly certain one of those three should be able to run the game with little to no issues.

Furthermore I can't believe anyone is still trying to use Chankast to play games, I would of thought everyone would of been well aware of the other emulators by now given their good mass publicity.

Agozer

The problem is that those who are not active emulator users (or are completely new to emulators), usually find one emulator and stick with it, and don't bother to look for possible alternatives.

Xtreme2damax

It's mostly because some of these damn warez sites still list Chankast as the best/only Dreamcast emulator because they are usually oblivious themselves.

It's not that difficult to look and see there are sections for other Dreamcast emulators and say, "Hey the game isn't working with this particular emulator so I am going to check if it works with the other Dreamcast emulators".

Agozer

It's not that difficult to look and see there are sections for other Dreamcast emulators and say, "Hey the game isn't working with this particular emulator so I am going to check if it works with the other Dreamcast emulators".
If only some people were that smart. :/